Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Sony Online Entertainment

January’s PlayStation Plus games: Maneater, Shadow of the Tomb Raider, and Greedfall

Jul 15, 2010
31 posts
23 upvotes
Montreal
I had bought Maneater on PS5 a month ago when it was on discount. I just received a notification that I'll get an automatic refund of the game into my PSN wallet since it came out on PS+. That's nice!

P.S.: Still no refund in my PSN wallet but I guess it's coming (maybe once the game is available through PS+?).
Last edited by SexyBack43 on Dec 30th, 2020 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2011
5259 posts
3660 upvotes
Westmount (Montreal)
SexyBack43 wrote: I had bought Maneater on PS5 a month ago when it was on discount. I just received a notification that I'll get an automatic refund of the game into my PSN wallet since it came out on PS+. That's nice!

P.S.: Still no refund in my PSN wallet but I guess it's coming.
Wow really?
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2016
2256 posts
5022 upvotes
Grimcurse wrote: Damn! That's a great month. So much value for people that were able to get a PS5.

I think that pack is only for the people that bought the game when it was released, they didn't get the definitive upgrade for free but we'll see when it goes live.

I have the croft edition. When the definitive edition was announced. I got it for free because I have the season pass. But those with regular copy of the game can pay the fee to unlock essential "season pass" as well.
Jun 23, 2020
50 posts
42 upvotes
chimaican wrote: So PS4 owners only get two games this month. That sucks!

And before anyone says I should get a PS5 then, well, I would if they were actually in stock anywhere.
To be fair, PS+ has been averaging only 2 PS4 games per month since last year so really, you aren't missing out anything. If anything, you are getting a bonus for when you get a PS5.
Mar 14, 2018
190 posts
230 upvotes
2 months in with ps plus and have YET to redeem any game lol. Still, ps plus collection will definitely keep busy for months.
Jun 19, 2018
152 posts
80 upvotes
inferno wrote: Never subscribing to PS NOW again...all games come to ps plus within a few months.
Huh? PSNow has 800+ games lol
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2013
4320 posts
4919 upvotes
Ottawa
Crazy to think games that appear on PS Now wouldn't appear on PS+ eventually LOL.

Good month. Knew it was smart not to buy Shadow of the Tomb Raider. I avoid getting burned for once. A rare treat. I'm sure next month something I bought will be going free.

Yakuza 3/4/5 remaster intensifies.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2005
4549 posts
2623 upvotes
prifx7 wrote: Huh? PSNow has 800+ games lol
I am thinking about subscribing soon since the price is the same as a regular game. They have some pretty good older games that I would love to play again. Plus with over 800 games, it should keep me entertained for the year.
Last edited by boonjaca on Dec 30th, 2020 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jun 19, 2018
152 posts
80 upvotes
abybiggs wrote: 2 months in with ps plus and have YET to redeem any game lol. Still, ps plus collection will definitely keep busy for months.
Always good to redeem them because they’ll stay for the lifetime of the account. If you don’t then you won’t be able to get them for free later since the offer expires at the end of the month.

Also, it is super easy to redeem with the PS App (they redid the whole thing for PS5 launch and it is 10x better than it used to be).
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2007
1233 posts
585 upvotes
St Thomas
number8888 wrote: If I don't have a PS5 I can at least "claim" Maneater right in case I do get it later? Kinda like how Bugsnax supposed to work. Sucks that they don't give out the PS4 version (unless I am mistaken).
The PS4 version is equally as available for free as the PS5 version. Check out Worms this month for example.

Notice now that Maneater is only going to be free for PS5
Last edited by jello_bob on Dec 31st, 2020 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RFD Proud since 07.
Aug 20, 2009
448 posts
471 upvotes
Hopefully Greedfall gets a free upgrade to the ps5 version when it's released.
Mar 7, 2011
217 posts
199 upvotes
Toronto
boonjaca wrote: I am thinking about subscribing soon since the price is the same as a regular game. They have some pretty good older games that I would love to play again. Plus with over 800 games, it should keep me entertained for the year.
And you can stream games on to windows 10 PC via the psn now app , so think of it as a 2nd ps4 console in your house or on the go on a laptop
Oct 14, 2013
906 posts
1914 upvotes
jello_bob wrote: You are mistaken. The PS4 version is equally as available for free as the PS5 version. Check out Worms this month for example.
Wrong. Check the fine prints at the bottom of the PS Blog Link : "*PS5 console only; PlayStation Plus benefit not applicable for Maneater on PS4. Maneater is not available in Saudi Arabia.".

YES. Redeem now on Playstation Store over a Web browser to play later on when you have a PS5.
Sep 27, 2009
348 posts
194 upvotes
Toronto
prifx7 wrote: Huh? PSNow has 800+ games lol
I'm talking about the newer games like Tomb Raider, and other AAA titles....they have been recycling games for a while.
Jun 19, 2018
152 posts
80 upvotes
Which AAA ones have they recycled?
Mar 14, 2018
190 posts
230 upvotes
prifx7 wrote: Always good to redeem them because they’ll stay for the lifetime of the account. If you don’t then you won’t be able to get them for free later since the offer expires at the end of the month.

Also, it is super easy to redeem with the PS App (they redid the whole thing for PS5 launch and it is 10x better than it used to be).
I meant that I didn't redeem them because not worth redeeming lol.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 26, 2014
8678 posts
10295 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
abybiggs wrote: I meant that I didn't redeem them because not worth redeeming lol.
Okay? What kind of point are you trying to make here
Penalty Box
Apr 15, 2011
5156 posts
1887 upvotes
Scarborough
boonjaca wrote: I am thinking about subscribing soon since the price is the same as a regular game. They have some pretty good older games that I would love to play again. Plus with over 800 games, it should keep me entertained for the year.
I have psnow, don't bother getting it. Those older games are only streaming and the service is horrible with tons of lag. Its unplayable. I'm still a bit surprised because I have gamepass with xcloud which I found a smooth experience.

I highly recommend using the free trial first.
Deal Addict
Apr 6, 2017
1119 posts
847 upvotes
Westmount, QC
I have both. Many games available on PSNow ended up on PS+ a few months later.

My PS+ end late 2022. I may have stacked a little too much
Deal Addict
Apr 6, 2017
1119 posts
847 upvotes
Westmount, QC
blaznazn22 wrote: I have psnow, don't bother getting it. Those older games are only streaming and the service is horrible with tons of lag. Its unplayable. I'm still a bit surprised because I have gamepass with xcloud which I found a smooth experience.

I highly recommend using the free trial first.
are you plugged through wifi or Ethernet? There is a huge difference.
Also, majority of the games allows you to download it.
I rarely use PS Now Streaming, mostly download