Hot Deals

[Sony Online Entertainment] January’s PlayStation Plus games: Maneater, Shadow of the Tomb Raider, and Greedfall

Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2009
1348 posts
335 upvotes
Ok. Am i dumb or something? Im a PS+ member now. but all the games have a price on them. How do I add these to my library for free?
Penalty Box
Apr 15, 2011
4172 posts
854 upvotes
Scarborough
husamus156 wrote: are you plugged through wifi or Ethernet? There is a huge difference.
Also, majority of the games allows you to download it.
I rarely use PS Now Streaming, mostly download
im using wifi, my console isn't in a place to connect directly to the modem. Only the ps4 games are downloadable, and they don't even have the good ps4 games up, like for example tlou2 isn't on psnow, neither is ghost of tsushima. I have to go through the list but i'm pretty sure most of the ps4 games there are pretty crap, or are 2d side scroller indies. Thats around 350 games altogether that are downloadable. I tried streaming resident evil 4 on psnow which was a ps3 game and it was so bad that I bought the version on my Xbox series X instead.

anyways, i highly reccomend you use the trial before commiting to ps now.
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2011
4665 posts
2592 upvotes
Westmount (Montreal)
tatung wrote: Ok. Am i dumb or something? Im a PS+ member now. but all the games have a price on them. How do I add these to my library for free?
As dumb as you 🤝
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
9892 posts
1922 upvotes
Victoria
Pkosta wrote: And you can stream games on to windows 10 PC via the psn now app , so think of it as a 2nd ps4 console in your house or on the go on a laptop
I tried the streaming option when I had my ps4pro. They still haven't perfected it to have the same level of picture quality as if you were playing on the console directly :( I tried it when I was play TLOU2, but after 10 minutes I got unlazy and just moved the console.
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2010
3271 posts
1107 upvotes
Montreal
tatung wrote: Ok. Am i dumb or something? Im a PS+ member now. but all the games have a price on them. How do I add these to my library for free?
Yea I thought the same thing too until I saw the small print it’s only available on Jan 5th...
Mar 13, 2010
488 posts
257 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
PS+ games are always available on the first Tuesday of the month. So for January that will be the 5th
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
8865 posts
3202 upvotes
Sony Playstation updates the free PS+ games always on the evening of the first Tuesday of every month.
You will have until the first Tuesday of the following month to add it to your library permanently.

XBox does it differently with an odd staggered schedule.
I end up forgetting to add the free Games with Gold occasionally because of the divided schedule.

Free Xbox Games With Gold For January 2021 (with subscription to XBox GamePass Ultimate or old legacy XBox Live Gold)

Little Nightmares: January 1-31
The King of Fighters XIII: January 1-15
Breakdown: January 16-31
Dead Rising: January 16-February 15

Nintendo Online has Tetris 99, Super Mario Bros. 35, and a collection of Super Nintendo, and original NES
games (some with added online multiplayer) as exclusive games with a Nintendo Online subscription.
tarushin wrote: Yea I thought the same thing too until I saw the small print it’s only available on Jan 5th...
Oct 5, 2010
706 posts
185 upvotes
XFactor11 wrote: XBox does it differently with an odd staggered schedule.
I end up forgetting to add the free Games with Gold occasionally because of the divided schedule.

Free Xbox Games With Gold For January 2021 (with subscription to XBox GamePass Ultimate or old legacy XBox Live Gold)

Little Nightmares: January 1-31
The King of Fighters XIII: January 1-15
Breakdown: January 16-31
Dead Rising: January 16-February 15
In short, 1st of the month you get 2 games and on the 16th you get the other 2 games.
Sep 3, 2018
293 posts
161 upvotes
Shadow of the Tomb Raider is a fun game. Too bad I already have that one. I will probably try out Man Eater. Not sure about greedfall though.
Deal Addict
May 12, 2010
1959 posts
479 upvotes
Vaughan
jello_bob wrote: The PS4 version is equally as available for free as the PS5 version. Check out Worms this month for example.

Notice now that Maneater is only going to be free for PS5
Are you saying Worms and eventually Maneater are somehow playable on a PS4 for those without a PS5? Does this somehow break Sony's policy like downloading the PS5 collection hack that many got suspensions for (which was complete and utter BS)?
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2014
1018 posts
480 upvotes
Toronto, ON
d_source wrote: Are you saying Worms and eventually Maneater are somehow playable on a PS4 for those without a PS5? Does this somehow break Sony's policy like downloading the PS5 collection hack that many got suspensions for (which was complete and utter BS)?
This is different I think. There are two versions of the game (Maneater), and only the PS5 version will be free in January.

Whereas with the PS+ collection, they were all PS4 games that you can play on PS5 through backwards compatibility, so by default are playable on PS4.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2014
4188 posts
3993 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Worms Rumble was specifically for both systems, it didn't accidentally end up working for PS4 or anything.

I'm curious what they're doing for Maneater because there's only ever been one listing of the game active at a time. There was "Maneater PS4" (now renamed to "Maneater PS4 and PS5") which was the version that existed before the PS5 was released and now there's "Maneater PS4 & PS5" which replaced the original one in the PSN Store when the PS5 released. There's no difference between either of them and both gave/give the purchaser both the PS4 and PS5 versions.

So unless they can somehow make it only work on PS5 there's going to end up being a second Maneater listing created that's PS5-only just like Bugsnax has? Talk about confusing.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2014
4188 posts
3993 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
d_source wrote: Are you saying Worms and eventually Maneater are somehow playable on a PS4 for those without a PS5? Does this somehow break Sony's policy like downloading the PS5 collection hack that many got suspensions for (which was complete and utter BS)?
If you look into what exactly they were getting suspended/banned under it was absolutely fair, next.
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2009
1252 posts
903 upvotes
Ottawa
Time to finish the trilogy!
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2009
1348 posts
335 upvotes
Anyone able to claim the games? I either see the full price or an error on console
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2014
4188 posts
3993 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Store's somewhat updated but the games aren't showing as "Free" yet.

"Maneater PS4 & PS5" now just says "Maneater PS5" but says it still works with both (I suspect this will change).
Shadow of the Tomb Raider isn't even listed yet, just Maneater and Greedfall.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
8865 posts
3202 upvotes
Sony never updates the North American store until sometime in the evening around 6 PM Eastern Time.
Their worldwide Playstation division headquarters is located in the L.A. area. That would be 3 PM Pacific time.
tatung wrote: Anyone able to claim the games? I either see the full price or an error on console
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2014
4188 posts
3993 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
I swear it used to be mid-morning, like 10 or 11 am because when I played Destiny that's when you'd have for a patch/update to come out.

Unless PS+ is just on a separate schedule.