Hot Deals

[Sony Online Entertainment] January’s PlayStation Plus games: Maneater, Shadow of the Tomb Raider, and Greedfall

Jun 19, 2018
92 posts
44 upvotes
blaznazn22 wrote: im using wifi, my console isn't in a place to connect directly to the modem. Only the ps4 games are downloadable, and they don't even have the good ps4 games up, like for example tlou2 isn't on psnow, neither is ghost of tsushima. I have to go through the list but i'm pretty sure most of the ps4 games there are pretty crap, or are 2d side scroller indies. Thats around 350 games altogether that are downloadable. I tried streaming resident evil 4 on psnow which was a ps3 game and it was so bad that I bought the version on my Xbox series X instead.

anyways, i highly reccomend you use the trial before commiting to ps now.
maybe your wifi is weak? I have used PSNOW to play lots of games on multiple devices (PC, MacBook, iPhone and PS4) without lag. PC was connected via LAN but the others were all via wifi and I didn't see a lag at all.

As for the games, there are some really good AAA titles- like Prey, RDR1, HZD, Hitman 2, some Yakuza games, Infamous, some Metro games, and so on. Control used to be there too, but it is gone now.
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2009
2223 posts
2065 upvotes
Whitby
Don't see Shadow of yet. Hmm...
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2008
2368 posts
514 upvotes
Thornhill
chemicalxv wrote: I swear it used to be mid-morning, like 10 or 11 am because when I played Destiny that's when you'd have for a patch/update to come out.

Unless PS+ is just on a separate schedule.
Destiny used to update at 2pm and now 12pm, but didnt know they used to update earlier
Jan 12, 2017
164 posts
210 upvotes
dyalect wrote: Don't see Shadow of yet. Hmm...
It just got updated for me. Try again. Laggy today I guess.
Sep 16, 2006
25 posts
9 upvotes
rudyjuly1972 wrote: It just got updated for me. Try again. Laggy today I guess.
Yup, same here. I'm happy Shadow of Tomb Raider is included this month. Been on the fence the past several months if I should purchase it. Glad I waited.
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2009
2223 posts
2065 upvotes
Whitby
rudyjuly1972 wrote: It just got updated for me. Try again. Laggy today I guess.
Barney Gumball on the simpsons when his heart stops. "there it is....."

2nd quote. after this game and the other games... i only have ############## in the backlog. whoa is me.

Thanks.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2014
4189 posts
3993 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Bencherstyle wrote: Destiny used to update at 2pm and now 12pm, but didnt know they used to update earlier
Back in the D1 days the daily reset used to be 3 am Central during standard hours and 4 am during Daylight Savings time. When they released new content (like an expansion) it would always unlock on the daily reset of the release day, because they'd patch it into the game beforehand.

But any kind of updates/patches were deployed after the PSN Store update for that day, which would be mid-morning or early afternoon depending on time of year and where you lived in the country.

Because I also specifically remember that for Assassin's Creed Odyssey, when they were releasing the DLC as "episodes", you weren't able to find and download the newest one until the PSN Store updated on release day, which was always mid-morning.
Dec 12, 2009
540 posts
103 upvotes
has anyone played greedfall? any good? i guess ill download it either way and see if its good on ps5 lol. i did grab maneater.
Jun 4, 2012
397 posts
174 upvotes
New Westminster
The story of SOTR is mediocre, tho' there are fun things you can do... like checking out random people
Shadow-of-the-Tomb-Raider.jpg

and meeting Jonah brothers
Shadow-of-the-Tomb-Raider_1.jpg

Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2007
1355 posts
378 upvotes
So Tomb Raider is the regular edition and you have to buy the addon pack for the definitive (on sale now at 8$). I guess that’s good news for people that just bought the definitive at 20$ so they get something extra Grinning Face
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2009
1743 posts
326 upvotes
Halifax
Don't forget to get free Maneater: Tiger Skin evolution costume
RIP E3 30% off pre order games 2011-2019 :twisted:
May 13, 2020
24 posts
7 upvotes
Maneater was fun for the intro except until the second mission where you gotta fight off hunters. Deleted it right after, good thing it's only 10gb.
Penalty Box
Apr 15, 2011
4172 posts
854 upvotes
Scarborough
prifx7 wrote: maybe your wifi is weak? I have used PSNOW to play lots of games on multiple devices (PC, MacBook, iPhone and PS4) without lag. PC was connected via LAN but the others were all via wifi and I didn't see a lag at all.

As for the games, there are some really good AAA titles- like Prey, RDR1, HZD, Hitman 2, some Yakuza games, Infamous, some Metro games, and so on. Control used to be there too, but it is gone now.
My internet is pretty fast, its 500mbps, but yeah wifi always sucks ass. I played xcloud on my s10 and it was pretty good, i mean not as good as playing off console but still reasonable. It was surprising that psnow was so crap on my tv considering how good xcloud was. I didn't know you could play pwnow on PC...thats pretty cool. I'll definitely give it another shot..my first experience with psnow was so bad that i didnt touch it since.
Jul 4, 2007
373 posts
189 upvotes
Saskatoon
m6life wrote: has anyone played greedfall? any good? i guess ill download it either way and see if its good on ps5 lol. i did grab maneater.
I played Greedfall on PC over the holidays and really enjoyed it. It has a unique setting and story that sets it apart from other games like it. It's not without flaws, but I think it's well worth playing.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2014
4189 posts
3993 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
So (in theory) if you did want to buy Maneater for PS4 right now...you couldn't? wtf is Sony doing lol

E: So it's ONLY purchasable if you access the PSN store through your PS4. Not a great direction this is headed
Jun 22, 2018
45 posts
31 upvotes
m6life wrote: has anyone played greedfall? any good? i guess ill download it either way and see if its good on ps5 lol. i did grab maneater.
If you have a ps5 the devs announced a next gen version coming soon so I would wait for now.