Expired Hot Deals

[Sony Online Entertainment] Playstation Plus January 2020 (Nathan Drake Collection + Goat Simulator)

[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2016
1645 posts
3366 upvotes

[Sony Online Entertainment] Playstation Plus January 2020 (Nathan Drake Collection + Goat Simulator)

Deal Link:
Retailer:
Sony Online Entertainment
More offers from Sony Online Entertainment
https://blog.us.playstation.com/2020/01 ... simulator/

These games will go live for plus on January 7th 2020, during the weekly store update.

Links to the games:
Goat Simulator
Nathan Drake Collection

All PS Plus Free Games

Note to all : in order have access to these games, you will require an active PS Plus membership subscription.
Last edited by Hartia0 on Jan 1st, 2020 7:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.
64 replies
Jul 28, 2006
235 posts
51 upvotes
Toronto
PS4 noob here. I don't have a PS plus subscription yet. How do these free games work --

Do I need an active subscription before the month begins to avail myself of the games for that month, or can subscribe anytime during the month and still get it?

Will this work if I sign up for a 2 week trial first and got the games therein?

Do I get to keep the games if/when I end my subscription?
Sep 15, 2012
684 posts
143 upvotes
bv
trip_vanwinkle wrote: PS4 noob here. I don't have a PS plus subscription yet. How do these free games work --

Do I need an active subscription before the month begins to avail myself of the games for that month, or can subscribe anytime during the month and still get it?

You can have a subscription anytime during the month and redeem the games. The games remain yours afterwards as they can downloaded to your system. You can also add them to your library and download at a later time if you think you may want it. I did that with MLB 20 and still haven't downloaded it but added it to my library when it was free.

A free game... goat simulator? Seriously? Like what a bunch of garbage. They need actual games.
Jul 22, 2007
32 posts
12 upvotes
St. John's
You need to have an active subscription to play the games. If it expires, you lose access to the games until you resubscribe.

trip_vanwinkle wrote: PS4 noob here. I don't have a PS plus subscription yet. How do these free games work --

Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2006
4384 posts
941 upvotes
trip_vanwinkle wrote: Do I need an active subscription before the month begins to avail myself of the games for that month, or can subscribe anytime during the month and still get it?
To get the current month's games, you can subscribe any time before the month ends. You have to "purchase" the free PS Plus games in order for them to be associated to your account. Just having PS Plus won't do it as there are other features with PS Plus other than the free games. It's much easier to purchase the PS Plus games via web at store.playstation.com than through the PS4 itself.
trip_vanwinkle wrote: Will this work if I sign up for a 2 week trial first and got the games therein?
Yes.
trip_vanwinkle wrote: Do I get to keep the games if/when I end my subscription?
No. The games will do a license check and if it sees you don't have an active PS Plus subscription then you can't play. The games can stay on your PS4 hard drive though.

If/when you resubscribe, all the previously associated games to your account will have their licenses renewed and you can play them again. The best way to get PS Plus is just to buy 12-month subscriptions directly from the Playstation Store when they're on sale during E3 or Black Friday. Subscriptions stack and typically during those sales it'll be $50. If you can't wait, Costco sells them for a few dollars off regular price.
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2005
2030 posts
407 upvotes
Looks like i wont be getting my renewal this month.

Pretty awful for the start of 2020.
Life is short make it long
Deal Fanatic
Mar 19, 2010
6095 posts
4304 upvotes
Toronto
Uncharted 2 is such a good game. Okay month. Nothing for me though.
With Zoomer Wireless !
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2005
4655 posts
473 upvotes
Burlington
Nathan Drake is the Goat.
Mar 24, 2015
362 posts
207 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
Got the collection awhile back for 9.99. Great games, even if they don't all hold up really well in the remaster.
Aug 1, 2011
516 posts
73 upvotes
Tha_Doggg wrote: Nathan Drake is the Goat.
Well done. I lol'd!!
I don't share your greed, the only card I need is the Ace of Spades.
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2007
3586 posts
2167 upvotes
Manitouwadge, Ontari…
darkmagician wrote: Looks like i wont be getting my renewal this month.

Pretty awful for the start of 2020.
For you or everyone? Are you saying this is the worst game and not worth a cent?
---
Jan 17, 2015
294 posts
256 upvotes
Pierrefonds, QC
Awwww yeah! GOAT Simulator. Always wanted to try that game!
Jun 30, 2009
826 posts
232 upvotes
Toronto
I've never played the Uncharted series so this month is pretty hot for me. I'm also down for trying the goat simulator.
Banned
Dec 28, 2019
42 posts
14 upvotes
Not that good especially for the new year, the uncharted collection is pretty old but for people who haven't played any of the games then I guess it's good for them. Especially the 2nd uncharted, one of the best games imo.
Not so sure about goat simulator though..

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)