Expired Hot Deals

[Sony Online Entertainment] Playstation Plus January 2020 (Nathan Drake Collection + Goat Simulator)

Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2009
1887 posts
1691 upvotes
Whitby
Online play, storage etc
Bonus and worth every penny.
Feb 11, 2010
471 posts
64 upvotes
Would have been a good moment to give Persona 5 since the complete version is coming soon.
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2013
3543 posts
3470 upvotes
Ottawa
whoiam wrote: Would have been a good moment to give Persona 5 since the complete version is coming soon.
Yeah, so people can avoid buying the complete version... seems like a good idea.
Tampa Bay Lightning ⚡ 2020 Stanley Cup Champions!!!
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2005
2325 posts
256 upvotes
North York
ReeGee wrote: Sony isn't even trying to do anything positive for PS consumers and they're just taking peoples money and coasting by on brand recognition at this point. When you look at what MS is doing with Game Pass and EGS giving away free games left and right, Sony is so lazy and anti consumer in comparison.
Not in the know, what’s MS doing with Game Pass?
Nov 14, 2017
199 posts
370 upvotes
Although the games are... Decent at best... I'm a little disappointed in Sony for a lackluster start of the year. They're coming off the coat tails of Stadia giving some decent games on January first, Xbox Game Pass giving an entire library (A lot being AAA titles) for a $1 3-month trial, Epic Games giving us over a dozen games free (Darksiders being an exceptional value) on PC, and possibly more.

In turn we get Goat Simulator, which has little replay value outside of one to two sessions and a $10 game collection that long term PlayStation fans have probably played twice already over 2 console generations.

For people who just got their first Sony console for the Holidays, it's not a terrible bundle and will provide HOURS of gameplay until they find the titles of their choosing to purchase. I just find Sony doesn't do a great job of rewarding long term player tenure when they give old titles like these away. Especially since switching from 4-6 free games a month for 3 consoles (Most were cross play) to only 2 for current gen PS4 players. Step it up Sony :(
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2014
3663 posts
3248 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
First time ever I've already had both games. Guess it had to happen eventually :/

E: Also I'm not crazy and Sony sold a bundle with the Nathan Drake Collection at one point, right? So this is somewhat even worse than normal.
Banned
Dec 28, 2019
42 posts
14 upvotes
chemicalxv wrote: First time ever I've already had both games. Guess it had to happen eventually :/

E: Also I'm not crazy and Sony sold a bundle with the Nathan Drake Collection at one point, right? So this is somewhat even worse than normal.
Yep and it was also a while ago so many people would probably already have it (like me).
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2014
3663 posts
3248 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Yeah I've owned this game since the first time it hit $10 back in spring 2017 lol

E: And yeah I checked, Sony sold an OG 500 PS4 bundle with this game when it was originally released...back in 2015.
Dec 26, 2012
730 posts
349 upvotes
Toronto
Aren't these Uncharted games 10+ years old??

How do they hold up considering they were originally launched in 2007 on the PS3.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2014
3663 posts
3248 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
oakley0023 wrote: Aren't these Uncharted games 10+ years old??

How do they hold up considering they were originally launched in 2007 on the PS3.
Uncharted 1 sucks (and the parts that sucked sucked when it was originally released this isn't a Remaster issue)
Uncharted 2 basically fixed all the issues
Uncharted 3 was a bad sequel (in that it was notably a step down from 2) and trying to kill enemies in that game is a fricken chore (they literally don't even react to being shot)
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
8559 posts
2954 upvotes
Uncharted 2 is one of the all-time best games.
Uncharted 3 is also really good.
Uncharted 1 - I would recommend playing Uncharted 2 first because Uncharted 1 is easily not as good as the other two.

PS3 versions are 30 frames per second and 720p resolution.
The PS4 versions are 60 frames per second, 1080p and fixed Chloe's cross-eyed look she had on the PS3 version of Uncharted 2.

oakley0023 wrote: Aren't these Uncharted games 10+ years old??

Aug 30, 2010
282 posts
156 upvotes
Edmonton
ReeGee wrote: Sony isn't even trying to do anything positive for PS consumers and they're just taking peoples money and coasting by on brand recognition at this point. When you look at what MS is doing with Game Pass and EGS giving away free games left and right, Sony is so lazy and anti consumer in comparison.
How exactly are they "Anti-Consumer"? MS *HAS* to do something like Game Pass as they have lost market share to both Sony and Nintendo, Epic are competing against Steam and are a completely different eco-system than consoles. Sony learnt from their mistakes last gen, they also fostered and nurtured the relationships with first party studios to get some AMAZING games.

You've also got to be objective and look at the fact that,at this time of year there are a *lot* of NEW owners who haven't played a lot of games, not to mention Naughty dog have a new title coming out in the first quarter this year.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2014
3663 posts
3248 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
They didn't say Sony is anti-consumer, they said they aren't doing anything positive for them (read: us) which is absolutely correct. At this point all they're doing is reacting to what Microsoft is putting out (remember how it took them over 4.5 years to implement being able to download PS Now games to your PS4?). Whether or not Microsoft "has" to do something (which is your opinion) or not is irrelevant.

And they already gave out the relevant Naughty Dog title back in October. The Nathan Drake Collection has absolutely nothing to do with TLOU2.
Nov 3, 2005
349 posts
444 upvotes
Toronto
Goat Simulator is a game that I wouldn't buy, but would like to play.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)