6301 posts
4501 upvotes
Ottawa

[Sony Online Entertainment] PS4 Pride 2019 Console Theme

Retailer:
Sony Online Entertainment
More offers from Sony Online Entertainment
https://store.playstation.com/en-us/pro ... 0000007810

Enjoy!!! It's decent, but we've seen better.

With Zoomer Wireless !
Share:
26 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2007
2405 posts
571 upvotes
London
Would be cooler if dynamic theme. But I like the rainbow colors, add some rgb flavor to ps4. Up voted as free is free
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2007
3768 posts
3129 upvotes
No Bum Deals
It's a pretty iffy theme though let's be honest. They could have made it much better.....
🢂 2x Koodo 35/10 - 1x Koodo 35/7 - 1x Fido Data 0/3 🢀
Feb 26, 2017
611 posts
424 upvotes
I support Sony in doing this. Big vote up. [removed]
Last edited by Mars2012 on Jun 8th, 2019 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: thread was cleaned up
Nov 15, 2013
878 posts
517 upvotes
Ottawa
Oct 20, 2005
668 posts
76 upvotes
Video GameVideo GameVideo GameUnicorn FaceUnicorn FaceUnicorn FaceRabbitRabbitRabbitCatCatCatChickenChickenChickenTurtleTurtleTurtleTropical FishTropical FishTropical FishBaby ChickBaby ChickBaby ChickWomanBriefcaseManBriefcaseWomanWrench👨🏻WrenchPerson With Blond Hair👱🏼‍♀️Older Man👴🏼Older Woman👵🏼🙋🏼‍♀️🙋🏾‍♂️🙋🏿‍♂️🙋🏿‍♀️🧔🧔🧓🧓Emoji Modifier Fitzpatrick Type-6

I care for all my fellow humans struggling in this cut throat world we live in

✌️✌️✌️☮️☮️☮️🕊️🕊️🕊️♥️♥️♥️
Jan 5, 2007
232 posts
499 upvotes
North York
Just wondering if Soyny does a mother and fathers day theme?
Sep 28, 2017
663 posts
441 upvotes
umm, question.... i like the color scheme. but why does that sector have to pick the rainbow as their colors.... like the complete color set as their colors. can't they just choose a few colors ? like most sports teams. i'm not trying to come off like a richard here and i'm NOT trying to sound homophobic in any way or sense... but isn't that like being greedy with things. unless each color represents each of the sectors then i get it, but if it's just a lazy way of saying hey im this, you are that, and that person's this let's take the rainbow color scheme for it all then i'm sorry but i find that lazy. like why not have someone create an actual logo that can be worn to represent ?

and make it look awesome. if i was in that sector and was recognized by the rainbow as my "flag" to fly i wouldn't like that at all. the rainbow doesn't ooze anything strong about it, bigots and the such already think weak people, that you can't hold your own (if you go by actual dumb comments and not movies that try and instill a totally different message). i would want something that says yep i'm this and that doesn't change me in any way, shape or form.

i see the rainbow as 80's party time.... or a record label is putting out a new mix album for party time.

i dunno.... i've always wondered what the true significance is with the rainbow. i have friends that are same gender friendly (i think the word gay isn't nice, it sounds bad along the same lines as saying the N word... gender friendly sounds nicer) but don't feel comfortable asking them as i don't want to put them on the spot or just make an awkward situation. so if someone actually knows chime in.
no matter where you go, there you are.
Deal Addict
Jun 16, 2009
2919 posts
3040 upvotes
GTA
Decent theme and free, thanks OP.

Could use without the idiotic discussion though. Hundreds of free themes from Sony, but this one triggers people and brings interesting "opinions" out of the woodwork. *sigh*
c'mon get happy!
Sep 28, 2017
663 posts
441 upvotes
and the one user had it right.... it's just a theme. if you don't like it then just don't download it. you are but one person in a sea of millions so griping about it for whatever your reason is not going to make them remove it from the store. and you only serve to bring out the uneducated with their comments and personalities that we really don't want here.
no matter where you go, there you are.
Oct 7, 2017
711 posts
1166 upvotes
It's definitely a form of virtue signaling to get consumers to view them as "the good guy", but personally don't have a problem with it when it's towards a cause supporting freedom to love one another openly. Thanks OP :)
Mar 11, 2004
770 posts
571 upvotes
Quebec City
When corporations think it's OK to offer stuff like this, it's a sign we're heading in the right direction. I don't really care what their motives are; they're a barometer more than an agent of change.
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2009
2701 posts
1366 upvotes
angel177 wrote: Accept its not? Sony have been huge LGTB supporters for *YEARS* They operate out of New York and have Studios in super LGTB friendly cities.
Where do you draw the line between activism and support? DO you have any links of Sony donating to the LGTBQ community?
Corvus oculum corvi non eruit.
Jan 1, 2010
478 posts
466 upvotes
I didn't think this was a great deal because its a theme and not a game. Geez, who sits there staring at the main screen?

That being said, some people won't agree or accept what other people think. Best thing to do is, make note of them and steer clear.

Commenting back and forth is not going to change anyone's opinion.

People need to find better things to complain about other than themes and women in BFV etc.
Last edited by ninja_warrior on Jun 8th, 2019 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jan 5, 2007
232 posts
499 upvotes
North York
Its not a deal.
Deal Addict
May 23, 2008
1400 posts
1619 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Wow, I guess when I negotiated a new deal for my Bell Fibe, it also came with special RFD access where I can scroll past deals that don't interest me without barging into the thread to crap all over it or invent reasons to downvote.

This thread should've had one page, max. Don't like it? Scroll past. The downvotes are dumb as hell; none of the reasons even apply.
Jan 26, 2012
288 posts
493 upvotes
Quebec
at this time, 58 downvotes on something free

There's something really absurd going on these days
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2011
1447 posts
1904 upvotes
benoittremblay wrote: at this time, 58 downvotes on something free

I think it's because free things belong in the Freebies forum.
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2004
4703 posts
3643 upvotes
Ottawa
benoittremblay wrote: at this time, 58 downvotes on something free

Yup. I'm surprised/disappointed to be honest. Never expected this sort of reaction in this day and age.
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2011
4874 posts
3283 upvotes
Toronto and London
Konowl wrote: Yup. I'm surprised/disappointed to be honest. Never expected this sort of reaction in this day and age.
The term RFD Effect has multiple meanings these days.