Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Sony Style

Sony VAIO Pro 11, $1060

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 28th, 2014 2:26 pm
May 3, 2013
760 posts
475 upvotes
Toronto

[Sony Style] Sony VAIO Pro 11, $1060

For those who appreciate the sophistication of Sony VAIO's, here is one to appreciate. The VAIO Pro 11. The specs are beefed up, especially the 256GB SSD. Price is $1060, which is a DEAL.
http://store.sony.ca/vaio-pro-11-ultrab ... 3Dcategory

The US counterpart has the same specs for $1699.
http://store.sony.com/vaio-pro-11-touch ... ode=1E1E1E
30 replies
Deal Expert
Jan 10, 2008
15200 posts
35260 upvotes
Nation's capital
title says nothing
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2012
1318 posts
727 upvotes
EDMONTON
What not put price on title? If I knew it was $899, I would not have looked into it!
Deal Expert
Aug 26, 2001
18145 posts
1741 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
The fact that Sony VAIO's will be out-of-support in North America soon (if not already) should also be mentioned, no?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2004
6433 posts
1239 upvotes
Canada
delldeals8 wrote: What not put price on title? If I knew it was $899, I would not have looked into it!
That's why there's no price in the title.
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2006
2499 posts
991 upvotes
Where is Vaio pro 11?
It hadn't been listed on Sony Canada Site for long time...link does not show any Vaio Pro 11.

It's hit and miss...a lot of bad reviews online for 11 inch version.
Deal Guru
Jun 18, 2012
10924 posts
5461 upvotes
Toronto
konfusion666 wrote: The fact that Sony VAIO's will be out-of-support in North America soon (if not already) should also be mentioned, no?
This.
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2012
3086 posts
1101 upvotes
Toronto
konfusion666 wrote: The fact that Sony VAIO's will be out-of-support in North America soon (if not already) should also be mentioned, no?
Haven't heard about this. Are you sure they won't just be selling the VAIO line?
Deal Addict
May 18, 2007
2201 posts
1490 upvotes
What support?
:arrowl: Thanks if Helped! :D
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2012
3086 posts
1101 upvotes
Toronto
coffeebean wrote: What support?
Their warranty is actually pretty good, I had my laptop refurbished pretty quickly at the last day of my warranty. It's just annoying to actually get it over to the factory.
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2009
2194 posts
1106 upvotes
London
is no one else confused as to why there is Amazon.ca in the title? "The sophistication of sony vaio's"... lmao
Deal Expert
Jan 10, 2008
15200 posts
35260 upvotes
Nation's capital
watch the 163 watchers leave now that a mod posted price lol
May 3, 2013
760 posts
475 upvotes
Toronto
-Title: It's Sony selling this, not sure how the [amazon] got in the title.
-Link: RFD patched my link, so it's bringing to the home page, not the page I pasted. To navigate, click on Computers & Tablets, then go to Special Offers.
-GPU: Ultrabooks don't have dedicated GPU, they're suppose to be portable.
-Support: true, Sony will no longer create notebooks, but will retain staff to provide support though. I've never needed support, so that's never been an issue for me.
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2006
2499 posts
991 upvotes
I see...not a bad deal. Weird configuration...i7 / 4GB ram / 256 GB SDD. Usually i7 ultrabooks are configured with 8GB RAM with 256 SSD.
May 3, 2013
760 posts
475 upvotes
Toronto
joongpark wrote: I see...not a bad deal. Weird configuration...i7 / 4GB ram / 256 GB SDD. Usually i7 ultrabooks are configured with 8GB RAM with 256 SSD.
You're right, I overlooked that. The US site has the configuration with 8GB RAM. And I dont think the RAM is user upgradable. I just love it for the 256GB SSD and portability at that price. I have a DUO already, so not jumping on this deal :(
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2008
8405 posts
4690 upvotes
ashihtaka wrote: Their warranty is actually pretty good, I had my laptop refurbished pretty quickly at the last day of my warranty. It's just annoying to actually get it over to the factory.
I didn't have to send my Sony to the factory.... the 4-year old VAIO I have I took once to Hwy7/Main Street Unionville to a store in that area the first time for minor repairs. The second time (I went 4 months ago), I took it to their main Canada office at Gordon Baker (404 / Steeles -ish). The main office has a really nice hot drink machine. I think they have the facilities to do everything at the Gordon Baker office.

And yes, my 4-year old VAIO is still covered under warranty for the screen. :D
Banned
Mar 2, 2014
107 posts
28 upvotes
I would still consider a macbook Air over this, even though the specs are much better on the sony, the macbook Air is still the overall better laptop.

It is sad to see sony failing so hard though, they really should have sold off thier PC division long ago.
QAZ
Deal Expert
Aug 26, 2001
18145 posts
1741 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
ashihtaka wrote: Haven't heard about this. Are you sure they won't just be selling the VAIO line?
Sony is selling their PC division (including VAIO) to Japan Industrial Partners, who will only be continuing to sell/develop Sony PC's and VAIO's for the Japanese market only. They will not do anything in North America.
Basically, the VAIO will soon be out of North America.

Do people think that a product no longer being sold will continue to have the same level of support as, say, Dell or Apple? In that case, I have some swampland in Florida to sell you.
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8694 upvotes
GTHA
realtorhome wrote: -Title: It's Sony selling this, not sure how the [amazon] got in the title.
-Link: RFD patched my link, so it's bringing to the home page, not the page I pasted. To navigate, click on Computers & Tablets, then go to Special Offers.
-GPU: Ultrabooks don't have dedicated GPU, they're suppose to be portable.
-Support: true, Sony will no longer create notebooks, but will retain staff to provide support though. I've never needed support, so that's never been an issue for me.
Click on Go Advanced and uncheck "Allow RedFlagDeals.com affiliate links in your post" in Additional Options. :-0

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)