• Last Updated:
  • Dec 20th, 2008 7:31 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Jan 13, 2008
88 posts
3 upvotes

Sony STRDG720 $228 @ Visions

Okay, so yesterday I received a one page supplement to my regular weekly Visions flyers and it had some decent deals, but the one that caught my eye was the [rfdlink=108]Sony[/rfdlink] STRDG720 Receiver for $228. The lowest I could find it from this past year was FS who had it around $250.

When I went online to check this price, it listed the sale price as only being $297 but I decided to check regardless. I got to the store (in Edmonton by the way) and they did have a few of the receivers but were marked with a $349 price. After speaking with a salesman, he couldn't find anywhere with the price I mentioned.

Of course I wasn't smart enough to bring the flyer with me, so one cold drive back home and back to the store I left with this receiver for $228 (apparently slightly lower than their cost). Don't get me wrong, this won't win any awards for clarity and sharpness as compared with other, more expensive brands but I am very happy with all of the input options and the timing was perfect as another receiver I had in my house went out this past week.

Anyone else get this flyer? The guys at Visions all hadn't seen it yet. It didn't even have a date on it, it only stated that it was good until December 24th.