Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 17, 2003
1206 posts
101 upvotes
Toronto, ON

Sony TV repair in GTA?

Hey guys. I have a 55” X900E that I bought in late 2017 that all of a sudden won’t turn on. I’ve tried plugging directly into the wall but no LED on the front of the TV lights up, and the power button on the remote or the back of the TV don’t do anything. I bought a replacement AC power adapter online (ACDP-200D02) in the hopes that would fix it but unfortunately not. Since it’s out of warranty I’ll need to get a repair person to come over or bring it into a shop. Any recommendations in the GTA area? Preferably close to Markham?
6 replies
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
20741 posts
6199 upvotes
GTA
I went to these guys in Concord, near Hwy 7 and Dufferin, but my TV (Samsung KS8000) ended up not being worth the repair (panel unfortunately). They were honest about it at least and just said, not worth it bro lol. They did say they would take my number and if they encountered a KS8000, a popular model, they would let me know.

http://www.tvguy.ca/
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 17, 2003
1206 posts
101 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Thanks man. How much did they charge for the estimate?
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2004
3756 posts
2436 upvotes
London
J-Wo wrote: Thanks man. How much did they charge for the estimate?
says right on the front page of there site

Free In-Store Estimates
Deal Guru
Aug 14, 2007
12186 posts
3171 upvotes
--
J-Wo wrote: Hey guys. I have a 55” X900E that I bought in late 2017 that all of a sudden won’t turn on. I’ve tried plugging directly into the wall but no LED on the front of the TV lights up, and the power button on the remote or the back of the TV don’t do anything. I bought a replacement AC power adapter online (ACDP-200D02) in the hopes that would fix it but unfortunately not. Since it’s out of warranty I’ll need to get a repair person to come over or bring it into a shop. Any recommendations in the GTA area? Preferably close to Markham?
Sounds like you need a power supply

Email this place.

https://www.shopjimmy.com/sony-xbr-55x9 ... parts-kit/
Jun 22, 2008
22 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
Hey, I was wondering if you ended up getting it fixed! I had the same problem with my Sony X930E. Just stopped turning on one day.
Deal Guru
Oct 7, 2010
12931 posts
3963 upvotes
J-Wo wrote: Hey guys. I have a 55” X900E that I bought in late 2017 that all of a sudden won’t turn on. I’ve tried plugging directly into the wall but no LED on the front of the TV lights up, and the power button on the remote or the back of the TV don’t do anything. I bought a replacement AC power adapter online (ACDP-200D02) in the hopes that would fix it but unfortunately not. Since it’s out of warranty I’ll need to get a repair person to come over or bring it into a shop. Any recommendations in the GTA area? Preferably close to Markham?
No bought 5 years warranty from costco? Not good :(. Sony TV QC pretty garbage.

Friend had a XBR years ago and panel crap out after 2 years. Mean time, my pani plasma and samsung lcd still running after 10 years, wtf.