Expired Hot Deals

Sony Wh-1000XM3 - amazon US - 278$

  • Last Updated:
  • Nov 14th, 2019 9:34 pm
16 replies
Deal Addict
User avatar
May 15, 2009
2422 posts
1691 upvotes
North York
winner2000 wrote: 278US? They're 299cad....
Are you thinking of the Sony WF-1000XM3? This is the Sony WH-1000XM3
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Oct 13, 2002
5182 posts
1439 upvotes
Toronto
timothyli988750 wrote: Will warranty still be cover still?
Sony Canada will not cover Sony US products and vice-versa. You would need to ship your headphones from a USA address for warranty service...not worth it at all.

I paid MSRP for these when they were released in the US back last year in Sept and use them everyday for my commute.

The 4.2.2. firmware adds the option to turn off the touch controls which sometimes can get really wonky in cold weather.
Last edited by ProfessorChaos on Nov 8th, 2019 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'11 DC MLF Iikka Pro | CCM Ribcor Trigger 3D/Bauer Supreme 1S LE
'18 Union Flite Pro Red | Bauer Supreme 2S Gloves
'08 K2 T1 | CCM Super Tacks AS1
Deal Fanatic
Apr 17, 2003
9726 posts
5611 upvotes
asbraich wrote: Is this your first day using Amazon? They are $299 CAD on the Sony website, the $448 you are seeing is some reseller.
First time reading? WH-1000XM3 vs WF-1000XM3
Member
Mar 17, 2015
254 posts
163 upvotes
Winnipeg
$278USD + ~$47USD shipping & duty + exchange rate and you're basically back to retail CAD cost.

Save the tax I guess, but not hot enough to warrant ordering from the US.
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2006
2133 posts
577 upvotes
KiraSensei wrote: Are you thinking of the Sony WF-1000XM3? This is the Sony WH-1000XM3
Yes I was, thanks for the correction.
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2012
2778 posts
1790 upvotes
Toronto
Good deal for what are still about the best over-ear ANC BT headphones on the market. I paid full price when they launched - have used them extensively on flights and they're great.

Now... the new Bose 700 might be a tad more comfortable, but that's subjective and they're quite a bit more expensive.

If you have access to the US with free shipping and lower sales tax, this is a pretty good deal.
Newbie
User avatar
Nov 3, 2019
15 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto
torontotim wrote: Good deal for what are still about the best over-ear ANC BT headphones on the market. I paid full price when they launched - have used them extensively on flights and they're great.

Now... the new Bose 700 might be a tad more comfortable, but that's subjective and they're quite a bit more expensive.

If you have access to the US with free shipping and lower sales tax, this is a pretty good deal.
If the Sony XM3 doesn't go on sale soon, and one has to pay the full price $450 at this time being, then I would rather suggest buyin the Bose 700 for $500, the extra $50 is worth it if you want to be able to make calls as the mics are way better and some aspects as well

Too bad Canadians don't get any good deals as always, we gotta pay the full price all the time and higher sales tax, yayy to being a Canadian consumer
Last edited by Ofelos on Nov 14th, 2019 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Oct 13, 2002
5182 posts
1439 upvotes
Toronto
Ofelos wrote: Too bad Canadians don't get any good deals as always, we gotta pay the full price all the time and higher sales tax, yayy to being a Canadian consumer
Higher consumer prices but overall better quality of life for the average person...

As for pricing, if you don't mind taking the risk you can always get BNIB (off the truck?) XM3s from Kijiji for $350 cash.
'11 DC MLF Iikka Pro | CCM Ribcor Trigger 3D/Bauer Supreme 1S LE
'18 Union Flite Pro Red | Bauer Supreme 2S Gloves
'08 K2 T1 | CCM Super Tacks AS1
Newbie
User avatar
Nov 3, 2019
15 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto
ProfessorChaos wrote: Higher consumer prices but overall better quality of life for the average person...

As for pricing, if you don't mind taking the risk you can always get BNIB (off the truck?) XM3s from Kijiji for $350 cash.
I was thinking to do that Kijiji thing, but I have trust issues when spending over $150...I don't know if it's legitimate, used, refurbished, stolen

Plus I don't have any warranty or support in case something does happen, now knowing that they just went on sale for 1 day in US, I converted and the price came to be about $360 Cad...so add taxes a bit more, but still I can sleep safe at night knowing it's legit?

Idk if they don't go on sale soon I will be buying Bose 700, I am too tired of the stupid games Sony is playing, they didn't announce XM4's, and chances are high 2020 they will be released
Why would I pay full price for a electronic that is over a year old? yes, they are great, but in electronic world 1 year is a long time, Bose 700 can be justified for not going on sale as it just released 1-3 months ago, but not Sony XM3....if those don't go on sale I see no point in buying a great set that will be updated sooner than the 700

Top