Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Sony Wireless Noise Cancelling Headphones - WH1000XM3 $348

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 3rd, 2020 10:18 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2002
2521 posts
1433 upvotes
Toronto
evoviii wrote: What does impeccable purchase history mean to you may not mean the same to Amazon algorithm.
Maybe if someone took advantage of it already (and have a number of payments pending), then they limit additional purchases in installments. I always paid in full, so maybe why it's still available to me. Just a guess.
Celebrating 21+ years on RFD!
Apr 20, 2008
747 posts
975 upvotes
I bought this from Amazon (thankfully). It started to creak whenever I put on or take off the headphone. I had a Sony headphone before that broke and it was also starting to creak (but a year after I bought it not a week like m3 did). Also, my ears get sweaty and itchy after a few hours. So I returned it and bought qc35 ii refurbished from Bose store. Sound is not as great as the m3 but more comfortable at least.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 10, 2004
7571 posts
3145 upvotes
Canada
198886 wrote: I bought this from Amazon (thankfully). It started to creak whenever I put on or take off the headphone. I had a Sony headphone before that broke and it was also starting to creak (but a year after I bought it not a week like m3 did). Also, my ears get sweaty and itchy after a few hours. So I returned it and bought qc35 ii refurbished from Bose store. Sound is not as great as the m3 but more comfortable at least.
If your ears get sweaty, apart from the sweat, you should wipe your headphones with alcohol( 1-2 week,but not more as you don't want it to get too dry) to avoid leather cracking. On top of that ,wipe the plastic too as plastic also can crack when you get oil on it.

I wear my xm3 8 hour a day 5-6 days a week and it's been nearly a year. I absolutely love them. best noise cancellation and very good sound( it's not the best,but it is very good and the difference is subjective)
I use voice typing, expect mistakes...
Nov 26, 2013
801 posts
729 upvotes
Winnipeg
wysiwyg wrote: Maybe if someone took advantage of it already (and have a number of payments pending), then they limit additional purchases in installments. I always paid in full, so maybe why it's still available to me. Just a guess.
Sort of... If you look at the terms and conditions, it could potentially be one or a number of different things. Like for example, if you've already purchased something on financing, you cannot finance anything else in that product category. Another issue could be that, based on your purchase history Amazon is not comfortable allowing an individual user financing on a certain product at a certain price point. In the example of these headphones, they were good to go at $450, but at $350 your purchase history indicates too much risk at that price point. What I would like to know is the specific criteria for ranking users, and how to achieve a position where you could leverage more financing.

I can see why they wouldn't do this for something like the PS4 Pro or Nintendo Switch, at least not yet. Everyone would finance that if they could, but Amazon probably determined that for products that sell insanely well, there's no point opening themselves up to the risk that people will not pay in full. My personal preference would be to finance where available because there's no fees or interest. I think it's cool that Amazon is offering this, but it's availability is too limited.
Aug 4, 2008
149 posts
106 upvotes
This deal is cold, it was 299$ CAD free shipping with a 49$ coupon discount with PAYPAL19 on eBay a few weeks ago.
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2011
1240 posts
1915 upvotes
anigan wrote: Kind of... In a Sony way.... they added the ability to turn off the touch controls from the app. So at least it won't trigger them by mistake.
Do they shutdown in the cold? I intend to use these while walking outside for roughly 30 min walks in Toronto weather. So either these or a Bose Set (which perform well in cold from what I have read)
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2014
2169 posts
7243 upvotes
Calgary, AB
lachinois wrote: This deal is cold, it was 299$ CAD free shipping with a 49$ coupon discount with PAYPAL19 on eBay a few weeks ago.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 18, 2013
5659 posts
9733 upvotes
BC
lachinois wrote: This deal is cold, it was 299$ CAD free shipping with a 49$ coupon discount with PAYPAL19 on eBay a few weeks ago.
Is it coverered under warranty if purchased from an unauthorized reseller? Genuinely curious
Jan 19, 2018
46 posts
18 upvotes
was able to get this for 332.36$ after BC taxes at London Drugs with their 100$ GC + extra 20$ promo (used 3 x 100$ GC), thanks OP!
Jun 25, 2017
9 posts
3 upvotes
Got a pair today for $302 incl. tax using the LD gift card deal here in Alberta!

(sorry - should be $307, I had a $5 credit I applied as well)
Last edited by theesatisfaction on Dec 20th, 2019 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aug 4, 2008
149 posts
106 upvotes
theesatisfaction wrote: Got a pair today for $302 incl. tax using the LD gift card deal here in Alberta!
300 or so bucks tax in is the real deal.
Oct 11, 2015
933 posts
520 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
lachinois wrote: 300 or so bucks tax in is the real deal.
alberta tax is 6-8% cheaper than all other provinces. Other will be more like 325$
Jul 11, 2008
173 posts
55 upvotes
St. John's
eahmed wrote: Do they shutdown in the cold? I intend to use these while walking outside for roughly 30 min walks in Toronto weather. So either these or a Bose Set (which perform well in cold from what I have read)

I purchased a pair last February and returned them. The touch sensitivity would go haywire in the cold. Cold wind would sometimes trigger to skip a song but most times the touch would become unresponsive. They are awesome indoor headphones.
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2008
1274 posts
1454 upvotes
Surrey
dazz wrote: If your ears get sweaty, apart from the sweat, you should wipe your headphones with alcohol( 1-2 week,but not more as you don't want it to get too dry) to avoid leather cracking. On top of that ,wipe the plastic too as plastic also can crack when you get oil on it.

I wear my xm3 8 hour a day 5-6 days a week and it's been nearly a year. I absolutely love them. best noise cancellation and very good sound( it's not the best,but it is very good and the difference is subjective)
Alcohol will dry out the leather more. Use a leather conditioner.
Aug 29, 2007
696 posts
295 upvotes
Montreal
Did anyone figure out a way to get this below 350 somewhere other than ld?
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2012
2184 posts
1415 upvotes
Sask
Brettimus wrote: Did anyone figure out a way to get this below 350 somewhere other than ld?
Costco has for same price and you can add that 20 dollar coupon code that's discussed in one of the other threads. I have a 50 dollar coupon code from the membership gift card offer that I'm going to use boxing day. I imagine they will still be on sale then. Even with the 50 dollar coupon it won't be quite as good as the london drugs offer but costco 90 day return as well as 2nd year warranty from purchasing with credit card will be worth it.
Jul 9, 2007
305 posts
118 upvotes
I got the ebay deal on Black Friday. Serial number starts with 7, and absolutely not issues with cold weather. Was out for at least 30m in the -10 snap we just had. No issues with mic either. To test NC during calls, I stood next to a furnace intake on full blast and called my wife. She couldn't hear the furnace.
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2011
1240 posts
1915 upvotes
Thanks for sharing as an contemplating the Bose 700 as well and they are tested in cold performance. Even cnet mentions the issue with cold temp. Bose will end up being more even with the sale and 5x on aeroplan.
Mar 12, 2008
723 posts
228 upvotes
Windsor
Sepharite wrote: I got these for $300 last week, but I'm still waiting for them to arrive today. Managed to snag the Bose QC35II as well for $200 at the Bose Outlet. I am seriously stuck (and been asking this a lot) at which one to choose. The Sony ones seem very bass heavy, and the Bose ones seems better natural sounding and comfort.
My son has these and these headphones are great. The bass is amazing but according to my son Noise cancelling can’t be beat in Bose. Bose’s noice cancelling is the best.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)