Expired Hot Deals

[Sooke Harbour House] Sooke Harbour House 40% off (supposedly unrestricted)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 2nd, 2020 12:11 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2017
6327 posts
2831 upvotes
SW corner of the cou…

Sooke Harbour House 40% off (supposedly unrestricted)

Deal Link:
Savings:
40% off
Expiry:
January 3, 2020
Retailer:
Sooke Harbour House
Supposedly offering 40% off for the coming year, rate unrestricted, for >= 2nt bookings made 1-3 January.

Might have to call in for this one. Unfortunately no details as I deleted the e-mail and it goes into a black hole on theparticular computer I'm currently using.

Not (yet) on the website as far as I can see
Last edited by thriftshopper on Jan 1st, 2020 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I smile when I see container ships sailing past my house laden with stuff made in China
10 replies
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2017
6327 posts
2831 upvotes
SW corner of the cou…
Here it is:

January Sales Event

Take advantage of our annual January sales event.

Three days only, commencing January 1st, 2020 to January 3rd, 2020.

All rooms shall be available to our guests during this three day extravaganza. There is a limited inventory available so book early to avoid disappointment.

40% off! No restrictions or Blackout dates! Minimum 2 day stay,
All sales are final!
Your 2020 stay must be paid in full at the time of booking!

Plan your getaway today!
I smile when I see container ships sailing past my house laden with stuff made in China
Deal Expert
Dec 19, 2001
30972 posts
1780 upvotes
Fernando Poo
Lived twenty years in Victoria, never went to Sooke Harbour House. Way too expensive and kind of weird, new age offerings. Went to Point No Point many times, reasonable prices, good food and nice atmosphere.
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2004
1004 posts
111 upvotes
We finally stayed a night last May for the amazing location and beautiful-looking fancy restaurant.

The room and location were great, but the super expensive meal was a big let-down... definitely wouldn't eat there again. Unless things have changed dramatically since, of course.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2017
6327 posts
2831 upvotes
SW corner of the cou…
When the previous/original owner was in a financial difficulties a few (now 5) years ago, it was actually offered on Travelzoo for $169 night off season and 2 nts got you $150 credit. Absolute bargain and we used the credit to dine in the restaurant (the %150 just about covered two tasting menus before tax and tip). 2nd best restaurant meal I've ever had in Canada.

These days, we live in the adjacent municipality and don't go out to eat.

Sooke in horribly expensive anyway. We stayed there a few years ago and wanted to get pizza. After seeing pizza prices at bot pizza joints (over $40 for 2 pizzas), we decided to drive into Langford to get frozen meals to cook/reheat in. Someone we house sat for called the local SDM the "Costco of Sooke" as various basic food stuff was cheapest there.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 27, 2014
5318 posts
2300 upvotes
This isn't even close to Toronto mang.
Deal Expert
Dec 19, 2001
30972 posts
1780 upvotes
Fernando Poo
ar2020 wrote: This isn't even close to Toronto mang.
So?
Jun 13, 2019
183 posts
438 upvotes
ar2020 wrote: This isn't even close to Toronto mang.
Says the guy who posts a "[Taco Bell] *USA ONLY*" back in October lol.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 27, 2014
5318 posts
2300 upvotes
VizualMastermind wrote: Says the guy who posts a "[Taco Bell] *USA ONLY*" back in October lol.
Buffalo is closer to Toronto than Vancouver is.
Deal Expert
Dec 19, 2001
30972 posts
1780 upvotes
Fernando Poo
ar2020 wrote: Buffalo is closer to Toronto than Vancouver is.
What is your point? RFDs isn't a Toronto deal site.