Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Sorel

Sorel footwear up to 40% off + additional 25%

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 3rd, 2023 9:32 am
Dec 27, 2017
457 posts
462 upvotes
Picked up a pair of 1964 Pac boots back in 2019 for $120 ish. So I'd say this is deal if your in the market.

Can't speak to current quality vs previous, but I'm happy with them.
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2006
3638 posts
3018 upvotes
Toronto
Quality of Sorels are not great from my experience with a mock boot.
The sole which is made up of two layers of rubber glued together, started to come apart within a month.
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2021
1122 posts
1176 upvotes
https://decentfoot.com/where-are-sorel-boots-made/

"In Canada, Sorel manufactures its premium boots. These boots are made with the highest quality materials and craftsmanship. They are also the most expensive boots in the Sorel lineup.

In China, Sorel produces a mid-range boot. These boots are made with good materials and craftsmanship, but they are not as high quality as the boots made in Canada. They are also less expensive than the Canadian-made boots.

Finally, in Vietnam, Sorel produces its budget boots. These boots are made with lower quality materials and craftsmanship. They are the least expensive boots in the Sorel lineup."
Last edited by CarrieRFD on Jan 31st, 2023 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edit- removed first comment.
Nov 15, 2020
360 posts
412 upvotes
BenKlaar wrote: If they don't mention "Made in Canada" they are Chinese or Vietnamese cheap boots

https://decentfoot.com/where-are-sorel-boots-made/

"In Canada, Sorel manufactures its premium boots. These boots are made with the highest quality materials and craftsmanship. They are also the most expensive boots in the Sorel lineup.

In China, Sorel produces a mid-range boot. These boots are made with good materials and craftsmanship, but they are not as high quality as the boots made in Canada. They are also less expensive than the Canadian-made boots.

Finally, in Vietnam, Sorel produces its budget boots. These boots are made with lower quality materials and craftsmanship. They are the least expensive boots in the Sorel lineup."
Where are we supposed to see this information on the website before we actually buy it?
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2016
1681 posts
1737 upvotes
Montreal
Thanks OP. Finally pulled the trigger on a pair of boots. Hope the size fits well...
Jul 26, 2008
188 posts
59 upvotes
Sorel boot quality has gone WAY down hill. I have had multiple boots have their soles split apart within a few months and they had to be glued together.

They also aren't nearly as waterproof as they pretend they are and after an hour of shoveling your toes are soaked.
Nov 21, 2016
76 posts
29 upvotes
Where can I apply the extra 25% off ? I don’t see option.
Jun 11, 2014
439 posts
558 upvotes
Edmonton
Thanks, in for one for my daughter, I was eyeing the 40% sale yesterday and am glad I saw this post so I didn't miss out on the additional 25% off
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2021
1122 posts
1176 upvotes
duplicate post deleted
Last edited by BenKlaar on Jan 30th, 2023 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2021
1122 posts
1176 upvotes
solasguitarra wrote: Where are we supposed to see this information on the website before we actually buy it?
Sorel doesn't want you to see that information. When you buy their boots, the box may have written on it " A proud Canadian company" (that sold out to a USA company) and only by looking at the label in the boots will tell you the country of manufacture.
Nov 7, 2007
869 posts
592 upvotes
Thanks OP. Need some for the kids
Nov 7, 2007
869 posts
592 upvotes
Thanks OP. Need some for the kids
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2010
2151 posts
3519 upvotes
RFDAriana wrote: Several years back I got the Tivoli High II boots because my coworkers had the brand and I regretted it. I'm too cheap not to wear these out, but if quality has gone downhill since then I'd definitely not buy them twice. Even with 2 - 3 pairs of socks any temp below 0°C freezes my toes, the piping (?) wears out easily and looks awful, the toe box is weirdly narrow, and the back of the boot hurts my heels regardless of what I'm trying to cushion them with. I might take a look at other brands this season if the price is right, but I definitely wouldn't buy Sorel again.
Don't expect anything with 100 g of insulation to be that warm when even 200 g isn't enough for some people. Some people even complain UGG Adirondacks aren't warm enough, and they have real wool and sherpa in addition to 200 g of insulation (even when the II and I had the Thinsulate branded kind). Same with Manitobah Mukkuks (real wool and rabbit fur on some).

That fleece/faux fur in the Tivoli II is only 1/4 - 1/5 of the boot at the very top shaft opening purely for aesthetics. They should have lined the entire shaft with it. The boot is very narrow and small, so you must have sized up a lot to fit two to three pairs of socks. The piping placement and colour is stupid on them, and it can put pressure on the back of the ankle. IMO, Tivoli III was much worse, and even though IV is better, it's still worse than II.
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2007
4391 posts
1505 upvotes
QC
Carbou boots are great! These boot are not your daily boot for your job commute tough.

Bought a pair last winter, they are made very large, to wear with an extra pair of socks,
Dec 14, 2020
135 posts
108 upvotes
Rakuten +5% today ;) just ordered boots for the kids for the next winter!
Feb 6, 2011
274 posts
67 upvotes
Columbia and Sorel both the same quality?
Apr 29, 2021
15 posts
109 upvotes
Thanks OP! Picked up some boots for both kids for next year for less than what I got one pair this year!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)