Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Locked: Sorry, not even a deal for Canadians. [Tmobile] LG G4 smarpthone - for $479.76

  • Last Updated:
  • Jul 17th, 2015 11:29 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Expert
User avatar
Apr 21, 2004
56486 posts
21536 upvotes

Sorry, not even a deal for Canadians. [Tmobile] LG G4 smarpthone - for $479.76

Deal Link:
http://www.t-mobile.com/cell-phones/lg-g4.html

Special offer: Get a free second battery with charging cradle and limited-edition leather back cover! While supplies last. Offer ends 7/31/15. Learn more for details.

The next-generation smartphone from LG is here. For everything you watch, capture, store, and more, the LG G4 beautifully combines the latest technology with a classic look and feel.

• Expand with your growing storage needs, up to 2TB with a microSD card (not included).
• Available in hand-stitched genuine brown leather back (T-Mobile exclusive) or metallic gray
• Capture key moments even in low lighting with a state-of-the-art 16MP (f/1.8) camera in the rear and 8MP up front.
• Stream in vibrant and authentic colors on a 5.5” IPS Quantum QHD display with 538 PPI.

New device purchase requires a SIM Starter Kit which will be added to your order automatically.
16 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 1, 2008
1138 posts
327 upvotes
Toronto
isn't this just us only? how does this apply to canada even :\
[OP]
Deal Expert
User avatar
Apr 21, 2004
56486 posts
21536 upvotes
I wonder how we can cancel and pay that amount outright.
Deal Addict
Jun 19, 2006
2613 posts
475 upvotes
Toronto
Can it be picked up from the store?
[OP]
Deal Expert
User avatar
Apr 21, 2004
56486 posts
21536 upvotes
aznblade wrote: isn't this just us only? how does this apply to canada even :\
I think it just bought Mobilicity from Rogers.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
May 23, 2008
7276 posts
1326 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
alanbrenton wrote: I wonder how we can cancel and pay that amount outright.
Even if you can do that to save $20?
The phone is $650 from Wind outright
Steam: SpectralMeat
[OP]
Deal Expert
User avatar
Apr 21, 2004
56486 posts
21536 upvotes
SpectralMeat wrote: Even if you can do that to save $20?
The phone is $650 from Wind outright
But only to wind subscribers? Damn that amazon.ca $599 S6 looks good now.

Oh well, I am getting my used GN4 on Monday.

Damn USDCAD fx rate.

I wonder what the penalty is like if you cancel your wind contract. Nothing about the site suggest it can be bought outright.
https://www.windmobile.ca/plans-and-dev ... ails/lg-g4
https://www.windmobile.ca/why-wind/ways-to-save
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
May 23, 2008
7276 posts
1326 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
$699 from expansys, price will come down but it is still very new
Steam: SpectralMeat
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Feb 18, 2013
5202 posts
8572 upvotes
BC
SpectralMeat wrote: Even if you can do that to save $20?
The phone is $650 from Wind outright
After converting the currency from USD to CAD and adding taxes and duty, probably ends up costing more than wind.
[OP]
Deal Expert
User avatar
Apr 21, 2004
56486 posts
21536 upvotes
peakingduck wrote: After converting the currency from USD to CAD and adding taxes and duty, probably ends up costing more than wind.
People buying stuff from the US at the current exchange rate would be the ones who saving taxes and duties. Didn't know it was that cheap though I'm not sure if it can be bought out directly from wind mobile.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
May 23, 2008
7276 posts
1326 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
alanbrenton wrote: I wonder what the penalty is like if you cancel your wind contract. Nothing about the site suggest it can be bought outright.
https://www.windmobile.ca/plans-and-dev ... ails/lg-g4
https://www.windmobile.ca/why-wind/ways-to-save
As far as I know there is no contract you go month to month. You have to call and ask them or go to the store. I don't think any carrier allows you to buy phones outright on their website.
Steam: SpectralMeat
Member
Nov 6, 2012
321 posts
413 upvotes
NORTH YORK
If you can buy it in Canada for 650 CAD, I'd say it not worth to buy it from T-Mobile.
I bought my Lg G3 from T-Mobile last year (about month before it arrived to Canada).
First of all, you have to buy it from T-Mobile store in USA. Secondly, you cannot buy it without buying T-Mobile SMS with the phone. You can cancel sim next day, but sim will cost you additional 15 USD. All the phones they are selling are locked, even if you buy it outright. They won't unlock it if the account is younger than 3 month. So in my case I paid additional 7-10 USD for unlocking to some internet 3rd party.
And last thing, you won't be able to put Canadian firmware on this phone and have to use T-mobile one. T-mobile usually releasing updates for android much later than other USA providers (due to some unique features like WiFi Calling that only T-Mobile has. I think they pushed Lollipop 2-3 month later than anyone in USA) and all this features you cannot use in Canada without t-mobile sim, so they just annoying bloatware for you that you cannot uninstall (you can uninstall them with app like Titanium Backup though).
Deal Addict
May 12, 2004
2963 posts
416 upvotes
Mississauga
alanbrenton wrote: But only to wind subscribers? Damn that amazon.ca $599 S6 looks good now.

Oh well, I am getting my used GN4 on Monday.

Damn USDCAD fx rate.

I wonder what the penalty is like if you cancel your wind contract. Nothing about the site suggest it can be bought outright.
https://www.windmobile.ca/plans-and-dev ... ails/lg-g4
https://www.windmobile.ca/why-wind/ways-to-save
When was the s6 for $599 on amazon, that's a good deal
[OP]
Deal Expert
User avatar
Apr 21, 2004
56486 posts
21536 upvotes
Haris wrote: When was the s6 for $599 on amazon, that's a good deal
During the last hour of Prime Day I believe, the 15th. It was a lightning deal. That and the s6 edge.
Member
User avatar
Jun 21, 2006
274 posts
107 upvotes
alanbrenton wrote: During the last hour of Prime Day I believe, the 15th. It was a lightning deal. That and the s6 edge.
But only the 32 GB and no SD card slot
Moderator
May 28, 2012
12044 posts
4667 upvotes
Saskatoon
Locked

Top