Home & Garden

SOS - Clogged dual sink Tried everything .

• Last Updated:
  • May 24th, 2021 10:14 pm
[OP]
Apr 6, 2015
193 posts
138 upvotes
SW Ontario

SOS - Clogged dual sink Tried everything .

Kitchen dual sink clogged Tried all the chemical available ,soda bicarbonate,vinegar ,hot water - nothing worked ,plumber came and tried with his big auger machine nothing .House 20 years old according to plumber p trap is in basement finished ceiling and the auger can’t enter in the this old designed ptrap .Will come back in few days to rip the ceiling and try fixing ,advised in the mean time to put strong chemicals and keep pushing with plunger ,don’t see it helping ,any suggestions how to get rid of this clog without cutting the ceiling ...? Ty.
6 replies
Deal Fanatic
Feb 4, 2015
7039 posts
3269 upvotes
Canada, Eh!!
If pro having problem then doubt can suggest anything better however try...

Make sure plunger technique correct... seal one side of sink and after using plunger quickly unsuction from sink.

If have space try pouring water from few feet away from sink... getting gravity to help a bit.
July 13, 2017 to October 25, 2018: BOC raised rates 5 times and MCAP raised its prime rate next day each time.

2020: BOC dropped rates 3 times and MCAP waited and waited to drop its prime rate to include all 3 drops.
Deal Addict
Jul 2, 2001
4740 posts
2186 upvotes
GTA
Mastero wrote: Will come back in few days to rip the ceiling and try fixing
I was in the same situation, had a 25' auger machine and it didn't help. Had to open the wall around 25' from the sink and try again, then it unclogged.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2017
6814 posts
3104 upvotes
SW corner of the cou…
Hope you haven't been dumping rice, pasta and coffee grounds in addition to fats, among other things down the sink.
I smile when I see container ships sailing past my house laden with stuff made in China
[OP]
Apr 6, 2015
193 posts
138 upvotes
SW Ontario
Hmmm kids won’t listen who knows what they have send thru the garburator.
Any idea logic behind having a p trap in finished ceiling
.. ? Shouldn’t it be under the sink..?
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2016
3012 posts
1760 upvotes
Mississauga
Mastero wrote: Hmmm kids won’t listen who knows what they have send thru the garburator.
Any idea logic behind having a p trap in finished ceiling
.. ? Shouldn’t it be under the sink..?
Is it an island sink?