[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2007
1663 posts
48 upvotes
Toronto

Sound bar tips

Hi guys,

Just wondering which one is a better buy, or should I wait for Black Friday? These prices seem pretty discounted from regular price

Sony HT-ST5000 for $999
Samsung HW-Q950T for $1200

Thank you appreciate your help!
6 replies
Banned
Nov 8, 2020
10 posts
3 upvotes
I have tried the Samsung one before...not sure if it's the setup or not but the low end was pretty muddy in my opinion. I returned it and got the Bose 500 instead
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2007
1663 posts
48 upvotes
Toronto
galaxja wrote: I have tried the Samsung one before...not sure if it's the setup or not but the low end was pretty muddy in my opinion. I returned it and got the Bose 500 instead
What do you mean muddy?
Banned
Nov 8, 2020
10 posts
3 upvotes
BrianJai wrote: What do you mean muddy?
The bass doesn't sound very clear imo, and sometimes it overpowers the high end as well
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2007
1663 posts
48 upvotes
Toronto
galaxja wrote: The bass doesn't sound very clear imo, and sometimes it overpowers the high end as well
Strange cuz it has some really good reviews on Rtings?
Banned
Nov 8, 2020
10 posts
3 upvotes
BrianJai wrote: Strange cuz it has some really good reviews on Rtings?
hmmm I mean you can try both and see which one fits you better. One thing I learn from being a mixing engineer is that people can react to the same mix / frequency very differently
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2007
1663 posts
48 upvotes
Toronto
galaxja wrote: hmmm I mean you can try both and see which one fits you better. One thing I learn from being a mixing engineer is that people can react to the same mix / frequency very differently
True I can always try and return, which do you think is a better deal incase I can’t get the same deal again if I were to try one before the other?