• Last Updated:
  • Nov 9th, 2020 12:38 pm
[OP]
Dec 3, 2010
11 posts
3 upvotes

Soundbar comparison

So I got the Bose soundbar Solo Series ii from Costco the other day for 179.99, regular 219.99. It's a decent sound bar but it seems to be lacking in the front soundstage. The sound seems to be concentrated in the middle mostly due to the short length. I would like to go with a longer bar but it can't be a whole lot larger. I've been looking at the Sonos Beam and the Bose Soundbar 300(not the Sound TOUCH). Both currently retail for 499. Assuming both go on sale for Black Friday, will there be a noticeable difference in sound quality? That being said my wife doesn't feel the need for a larger Soundbar so it would be difficult to justify spending more money for just a slight upgrade in sound quality.
7 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2008
4949 posts
1835 upvotes
boxerman180 wrote: So I got the Bose soundbar Solo Series ii from Costco the other day for 179.99, regular 219.99. It's a decent sound bar but it seems to be lacking in the front soundstage. The sound seems to be concentrated in the middle mostly due to the short length. I would like to go with a longer bar but it can't be a whole lot larger. I've been looking at the Sonos Beam and the Bose Soundbar 300(not the Sound TOUCH). Both currently retail for 499. Assuming both go on sale for Black Friday, will there be a noticeable difference in sound quality? That being said my wife doesn't feel the need for a larger Soundbar so it would be difficult to justify spending more money for just a slight upgrade in sound quality.
Get your reviews/ratings/information here: Rtings.com - Soundbar
16'x11' Living Room 11' Cathedral Ceiling. Hisense 65Q8G. Denon AVR-S740H 7.2 setup. Jamo Classic 10 280W Towers - FR+FL; Polk S35 - Center; Klipsch R51M - RR+RL; Klipsch R14M - Dolby FHR+FHL; Polk HTS10 Subwoofer x2. Unlocked Android Boxes from Taiwan x2
[OP]
Dec 3, 2010
11 posts
3 upvotes
I definitely agree with you. I only said soundstage for lack of a better word. I used to be really into home theater stuff but I hardly watch movies anymore except streaming through my tv, seeing as how the kids are all grown up. I could only ever afford budget pieces in my setup but I would spend hours and hours researching how to make my system better with the money I had. The home theater can definitely turn into an obsession!Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2010
1688 posts
343 upvotes
BC
I still prefer my old setup with actual speakers.
"If you ever doubted yourself, remember, the Stupidest Man on earth became President" Li Ka Shing
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2007
1663 posts
48 upvotes
Toronto
Hi guys,

Just wondering which one is a better buy, or should I wait for Black Friday? These prices seem pretty discounted from regular price

Sony HT-ST5000 for $999
Samsung HW-Q950T for $1200

Thank you appreciate your help!