$10 Amazon.ca GC for $5

Deal Link:
Price:
$5
Savings:
50% off
Retailer:
SOUNDpays
There was a similar deal as this posted last week for a $25 gift card for $15. They now are offering a $10 card for $5. Clearly the percentage discount is better, however, a $10 card is not as ideal as a $25 one. Got the promo last week, and everything worked great. You need to download the app and then go to the site on another device and "listen" to the sound on the video through the app. It will then allow you to purchase the GC at the promo price.

Thanks to Ychanceit as the original OP of the Soundpays deal!

Mods, please feel free to merge this with the expired Soundpays deal if you would like.
80 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2007
3078 posts
1649 upvotes
Canada
Yikes, if I did all that just to net $5, I would feel cheap and tawdry!
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2010
2422 posts
828 upvotes
Ottawa
grantz wrote: Yikes, if I did all that just to net $5, I would feel cheap and tawdry!
pretty confident that ppl on RFD have done more for $5
Jan 11, 2015
97 posts
16 upvotes
North York, ON
Does anyone else getting an error message saying "Looks like a network error has occured. Please try again" ?
Jul 31, 2015
448 posts
232 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Does this deal work if you did the $25 before?
[OP]
Mar 9, 2009
239 posts
280 upvotes
Winnipeg
turtlepower11 wrote: Does this deal work if you did the $25 before?
According to the fine print, I don't think it is supposed to, but it might be worth a try....
May 12, 2017
153 posts
78 upvotes
Can you be more clear on what to do exactly with secondary device once app is installed?
[OP]
Mar 9, 2009
239 posts
280 upvotes
Winnipeg
carter500500 wrote: Can you be more clear on what to do exactly with secondary device once app is installed?
There is a video that plays. As far as I can tell, the point of this app is that it works like a songza in that it identifies sounds and turns them to deals. So, with the video playing, you have to press the listen button at the bottom corner of the app, which then activates the deal. However, this has to be on a second device as it cannot listen and play on the same device.
Nov 21, 2012
230 posts
89 upvotes
Richmond
Winnipegian wrote: There is a video that plays. As far as I can tell, the point of this app is that it works like a songza in that it identifies sounds and turns them to deals. So, with the video playing, you have to press the listen button at the bottom corner of the app, which then activates the deal. However, this has to be on a second device as it cannot listen and play on the same device.
Actually it can. I played and made the transaction all on my cellphone and the whole process went well.
Deal Addict
May 16, 2011
4188 posts
5431 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
I tried it twice and got the receipts, and I had got the earlier deal too. I'm expecting at least one cancellation.
Dec 25, 2013
983 posts
618 upvotes
Toronto
I was told it wouldn't work by the guy who runs the site. That is if you took part in any previous deal this one wouldn't work for you.

So YMMV if it does work for you and you got the previous $25 for $15 or $25 for $20 or whatever it was.
Last edited by Ychanceit on May 27th, 2017 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aug 22, 2012
413 posts
457 upvotes
BURLINGTON
it keeps telling me no audio.. my microphone permissions are on.. sound is up.. i dont know what im doing wrong. do i need to add a credit card to the app first?

Edit: added credit card, found a setting that was down.. tried a billion times. worked finally.
Contesting can be a healthy coping mechanism :lol: I have fallen in love with this forum
:arrow: Double Lung Transplant 05/13/16. #BeADonor :arrowl:
*Thank you RFD*
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2009
1421 posts
827 upvotes
AB
Worked for me. Thanks OP!
Mar 13, 2017
261 posts
142 upvotes
Not sure if the app is just a piece of crap, but it won't scan the sound. Says on my phone that it can't detect any audio, despite me blasting it on my TV