Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
The Source

The Source - $9.96 - QUICKTALK SOLAR CHARGING BLUETOOTH SPEAKERPHONE

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 24th, 2010 8:16 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2007
1060 posts
219 upvotes
belfour wrote: Bought 2... one worked fine this morning..then now I can't power it on :confused: Guess I have to return it. :(

I notice on one of mine that it only turns on if you hold the power button down lower on the button than near the top. I don't know if that helps but try different parts on the button to hold down. Hope that helps.
Aug 22, 2004
815 posts
46 upvotes
Toronto
Just got confirmation that mine has been shipped. Yay! :)
Jan 16, 2005
766 posts
273 upvotes
You can leave the clear holster suctioned cup to the window and remove the device to store hidden when not in vehicle. It slides in and out easily without having to fuss with suction cups. I just throw in dash compartment when not using so thieves aren't tempted.
Mar 6, 2007
90 posts
Picked one up yesterday.

Nice little gadget. Way nicer and had a lot more features than the Motorola and Jabra units I bought last year (for way more money)! Definitely good value for the money!

Thanks OP!
Jan 24, 2007
139 posts
15 upvotes
Thanks, OP...hoping to pick two up at lunch!
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2005
1759 posts
475 upvotes
Montreal
i wonder if this thing will charge on a tinted windows?
i'm planning to put on my sunroof.

i know that these solar charger dont charge very well if there is not enough sunlight.
Aug 4, 2010
157 posts
27 upvotes
Toronto
Just picked up a couple - they work great. Though, I'm not sure if it will receive enough charge by solar power since the car is either parked indoors of you're storing it in your glove compartment.

For those who have one - what's the TTS thing? does it read your text/bbm messages to you?
Jan 24, 2007
139 posts
15 upvotes
Bought one at lunch (FYI: Mayfair Mall, Victoria...they have one left after I bought mine). Liked it so much bought two more online for the Wife and my Mom...
If I am correct, the TTS is for incoming calls, if it recognizes it from your phone book, it will tell you who is calling...haven't tried it yet though
Jul 19, 2007
194 posts
8 upvotes
conjurer wrote: If I am correct, the TTS is for incoming calls, if it recognizes it from your phone book, it will tell you who is calling...haven't tried it yet though
yes you are correct, I just tried it :) it also supports voice dialing although it never managed to recognize whom I am calling
Jan 23, 2003
278 posts
65 upvotes
Is it relying solely on solar power to charge or can you charge it using ac adaptor, usb connector, etc?
Apr 12, 2007
226 posts
50 upvotes
BC
comes with usb / car charger if you need it.
jnut wrote: Is it relying solely on solar power to charge or can you charge it using ac adaptor, usb connector, etc?
Oct 12, 2003
334 posts
9 upvotes
Kitchener
jnut wrote: Is it relying solely on solar power to charge or can you charge it using ac adaptor, usb connector, etc?

It comes with a USB charger and a car charger adaptor that you plug the USB cable into.

I picked one up in Kitchener.
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2005
1657 posts
56 upvotes
Vancouver Island
Does telus cripple bluetooth on older phones? I am trying to connect it with an LG F3000 which has BT 1.2 but it cannot find the device. Any ideas?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 29, 2002
5483 posts
2497 upvotes
Vancouver
JB7 wrote: Does telus cripple bluetooth on older phones? I am trying to connect it with an LG F3000 which has BT 1.2 but it cannot find the device. Any ideas?

i tried connecting to to a Rogers Samsung Corby Pro and it wouldn't accept it as well
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 13, 2009
4843 posts
9268 upvotes
Scarborough
hesp wrote: i tried connecting to to a Rogers Samsung Corby Pro and it wouldn't accept it as well

did you guys hold the talk buton for 5+ seconds (the system will say "pairing mode" in british english) ? Your phone should be able to find the device (Auto Device, Centrios xxxxx) enter 0000 on your cell phone when prompted.

Hope that helps

Still on sale by the way!
Get a deal, share a deal
Happy Deal Hunting
Deal Fanatic
Mar 29, 2002
5483 posts
2497 upvotes
Vancouver
eladmk wrote: did you guys hold the talk buton for 5+ seconds (the system will say "pairing mode" in british english) ? Your phone should be able to find the device (Auto Device, Centrios xxxxx) enter 0000 on your cell phone when prompted.

Hope that helps

Still on sale by the way!

yeah i tried that and the phone picked up the Centrios but the phone didnt prompt me to enter 0000
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
17349 posts
4732 upvotes
anyone willing to borrow me their SPC card number? gonna try order online...you may PM me..appreciate and thx..hee :)

Updated:
Just call the phone to online and the CSR said this item does not quilified for the SPC discount. Anyone has the same situation?
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Sep 6, 2006
252 posts
2 upvotes
Brampton
Does this work much better than using the speakerphone on your actuall cellphone?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)