[The Source] The Source by CC VERBATIM

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 16th, 2007 7:08 pm
Tags:
None
Nov 7, 2006
132 posts
2 upvotes
Not sure why you guys are buying these when you can pick up a 100 pk from walmart for $17
Deal Addict
Jun 30, 2003
3706 posts
11 upvotes
neoborn wrote: Not sure why you guys are buying these when you can pick up a 100 pk from walmart for $17
Verbatim?
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2005
10105 posts
2076 upvotes
Victoria
My online order has said being prepared for several days now, and the order page has Jan 20th as estimated delivery date. I took a bus to a store and bought 5 packs, and emailed them hoping they'll cancel my online order.

Hopefully they will, otherwise i'm going to have an awful lot of dvds kicking around.
Sep 14, 2003
671 posts
385 upvotes
Toronto
Does anyone know if these are MIJ or MIT? .... I ordered 4, but if it's not MIJ i'm returning it!
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2004
3513 posts
438 upvotes
videonerd wrote: Does anyone know if these are MIJ or MIT? .... I ordered 4, but if it's not MIJ i'm returning it!

I think someone in another thread mentioned they were MIT but for the $4.99 price they are worth keeping.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 30, 2003
5010 posts
2 upvotes
Vancouver B.C.
Is anyone else noticing how there is ALWAYS someone trying to get people to not buy the GOOD media, and to buy the Memorex from Walmart, often saying it's the same media and trying to mislead people? It's starting to get really annoying :evil:

Also, Verbatim is almost never made in Japan. Only in Europe do they outsource some product to Taiyo Yuden, under the title "pastel". That doesn't mean it's bad media though. I personally trust Verbatim media more then TY these days. But maybe that's because Verbatim isn't distributed by a company that blaims any media problems on Harry Potter and Canada's cold weather (yes, I'm not making that up!).
Current DVD Burner Suggestion? Stick with Pioneer
Current suggested recordable media?
CD-Rs = Maxell CD-R Pro, Verbatim Datalife+, Falcon Media Pro
DVD
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2006
3446 posts
289 upvotes
Downtown Canada
The Dolphin wakes!

I'm seeing different quantities of each pack at stores in my area (using the "Find it in-store" button), so I don't think it's a mistake on their site. Of course with my luck, only 8x will be left tomorrow.

:cool:
Mar 1, 2005
971 posts
409 upvotes
Markham
Purolator guy just dropped off some spindles.

I ordered 12 spindles of 8x DVD-R
They delivered and charged me for 4 spindles of 16x DVD-R.

Hows that for accuracy? I like the fact that I got 16x's over 8x's but why only send me 1/3 or the quantity I ordered?
Dec 1, 2003
757 posts
38 upvotes
There were still 30+ spindles on the shelves at the Dufferin Mall location in Toronto when I was there yesterday afternoon, and I'd guess there were more in the back. Lots of both +R's and -R's.
Deal Expert
Nov 11, 2004
62810 posts
364 upvotes
moebius wrote: Verbatim?
either Memorex or Maxell.

AFAIK, WM doesn't carry Verbatim blank media.

-------
videonerd wrote: Does anyone know if these are MIJ or MIT? .... I ordered 4, but if it's not MIJ i'm returning it!
i don't believe there are Verbatim "MIJ" media in NA...

and if you don't want these MIT Verbatims, i'm sure there are lots of others out there who are willing to take them off your hands or buy your returned product :)

---------
The Digital Dolphin wrote: Is anyone else noticing how there is ALWAYS someone trying to get people to not buy the GOOD media, and to buy the Memorex from Walmart, often saying it's the same media and trying to mislead people? It's starting to get really annoying :evil:

Also, Verbatim is almost never made in Japan. Only in Europe do they outsource some product to Taiyo Yuden, under the title "pastel". That doesn't mean it's bad media though. I personally trust Verbatim media more then TY these days. But maybe that's because Verbatim isn't distributed by a company that blaims any media problems on Harry Potter and Canada's cold weather (yes, I'm not making that up!).
blahaha... wtf? :lol:
MJM
- MJ = mahjong - a chinese game involving LOTS of strategy/skills and the smarts to win!
- M = maniac - just simply CRAZY about this game... i'd play it 24/7 if i had the time!

"I'll be here... I'll be 'waiting'... here... I'll be waiting... for you... so if you come here... you'll find me... I promise..." - FF VIII - FAN of the FF series ever since the beginning.

PEPSI IPOD WINNER on xmas.... what a SWEET christmas present!
Jun 3, 2005
340 posts
Toronto
I checked online for stock at 2 of my neighbourhood The Source stores yesterday night and both reported 4 available. However, they had none in store and the staff indicated that no further shipment would be received.

When I verified online again this morning, each of the store's stock had gone up by 3 or 5 so I immediately went to the one at Hillcrest Mall. I didn't see anything in their blank media section, but I did see some displayed right in front of the cash register. There were only 4 and they were the 16x DVD-R ones, so I asked whether I could by them all and the salesperson allowed me.

I decided to also go to the store at The Promenade Mall because their online stock showed 9 available. But alas the salesperson said their Boxing Week sale item had been sold out for awhile. I didn't bother to challenge him with what I saw online. At least, I got what I got before the sale ended.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 25, 2005
9227 posts
7584 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
I bought more than I need so I plan to return some next week.
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2004
2690 posts
645 upvotes
I ordered mine on Dec 26th, so I had to dig out the pw to login and check order.

26/12/2006 1 AM $11.38 Preparing Order

WTF is up with that :S
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2004
3513 posts
438 upvotes
Tilter wrote: I ordered mine on Dec 26th, so I had to dig out the pw to login and check order.

26/12/2006 1 AM $11.38 Preparing Order

WTF is up with that :S

Item is on backorder until either Jan 22,Jan 27 or sometime in early Feb.Seems people are getting different backorder ship dates.I cancelled my order.
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2004
2690 posts
645 upvotes
Sheed30 wrote: Item is on backorder until either Jan 22,Jan 27 or sometime in early Feb.Seems people are getting different backorder ship dates.I cancelled my order.
Thanks for the info. I got about 10 or so DVDs left, so I'll keep the order.
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2003
1725 posts
169 upvotes
GVR
I just got off the phone with Customer Service, they just recieved 2500 units and will be shipping in the next few days.Website shows in stock and ready to ship next day.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)