Expired Hot Deals

[The Source] Chromecast Video/Audio (2 for $66.98) + $25 Savings Card on Next $150

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 19th, 2016 12:25 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Feb 6, 2015
174 posts
89 upvotes
Calgary

[The Source] Chromecast Video/Audio (2 for $66.98) + $25 Savings Card on Next $150

Deal Link:
Expiry:
June 15, 2016
The source is having a promotion on Chromecast Video and Chromecast Audio. Buy 2 and get $12 and $15 off. Stack this with the $10 email sign-up coupon, and the breakdown is as follows:
[INDENT]- Chromecast Video/Audio = 2 units x $49.99 - $15 promo - $10 coupon = $66.98 ($33.49 per unit)[/INDENT]

NOTE: You will get a $25 off $100 email sign-up coupon if you sign up for the newsletter for the first time. For the second time (and thereafter), you will get the $10 off $50 coupon for signing up for the newsletter again. Newsletter sign-up link: http://www.thesource.ca/en-ca/subscribe?email=?

EDIT: The $25 savings card can only be used on the next purchase of $150 or more. The promotion runs from June 2 to June 15, and you need to make the purchase online. Further details are as follows:

[INDENT]*$25 Savings Card will be sent out within one week of your initial purchase by email and may be redeemed when you spend $150 (before taxes) or more online @ thesource.ca between June 16-19, 2016. Ltd., qty., while supplies last. Not valid in-store. No cash value. Only one (1) Savings Card per customer regardless of total purchase amount. Offer valid online @ thesource.ca only. Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion. Excludes Apple products, Beats products, Bose products, The Source Gift Cards, all prepaid cards (iTunes, Xbox, etc.), prepaid airtime cards, mobile phone plans and security deposits. Additional limitations may apply.[/INDENT]
55 replies
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2013
5320 posts
3349 upvotes
Toronto
Chromecast's go on sale pretty often but this isn't too bad if you need two or want one of each. Also this seems to apply to video chromecast as well so maybe add that to your post.
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2006
1895 posts
359 upvotes
Alberta
Same as staples without the coupons.
Aug 19, 2004
901 posts
687 upvotes
Toronto
i have one of the audio ones.

the video version is great. the audio version - buggy with limited apps.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 25, 2012
5215 posts
4344 upvotes
Toronto
Switched from Chromecast v1 to v2 video one in mid February, mainly for YouTube. At one point YouTube app made some changes that messed up audio control via phone/table, forcing screen to be on to change audio level and making the phone play a sound, but that has been fixed in newer versions of YouTube app. Works flawlessly now, better than v1 as there is hardly any delay when switching between YouTube videos in queue.
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2004
4153 posts
726 upvotes
Toronto
Silverfox555 wrote: The source is having a promotion on their 2015 (2nd Generation) Chromecast Audio.
Just to clarify, I think there is only one "generation" of Chromecast Audio -- the one released in 2015 (along with the second-generation standard Chromecast).

I have the Chromecast Audio and while I agree it can be buggy at times (very occasionally), and it's definitely not for everyone, the sound quality and convenience are great.
[OP]
Feb 6, 2015
174 posts
89 upvotes
Calgary
JHW wrote: Just to clarify, I think there is only one "generation" of Chromecast Audio -- the one released in 2015 (along with the second-generation standard Chromecast).

I have the Chromecast Audio and while I agree it can be buggy at times (very occasionally), and it's definitely not for everyone, the sound quality and convenience are great.
Updated as to not create any confusion. Thanks!
Dec 21, 2012
627 posts
158 upvotes
San Diego
My chromecast audio behave like a ghost. It continues to play even after switching off the device. Sometimes connection is difficult. Too irritating. I like this tiny guy but bug kills the charm.
Nov 13, 2013
585 posts
461 upvotes
Quebec
JHW wrote: Just to clarify, I think there is only one "generation" of Chromecast Audio -- the one released in 2015 (along with the second-generation standard Chromecast).

Yeah same thing for the Chromecast (tv), occasionally buggy, but still love it. I have 2 of them + 1 audio and will buy 4 more audio today to build a SONOS-Like system for cheap.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2013
5320 posts
3349 upvotes
Toronto
Chingyul wrote: Same as staples without the coupons.
BestBuy is cheaper without coupons.
Nov 13, 2013
585 posts
461 upvotes
Quebec
Jep4444 wrote: BestBuy is cheaper without coupons.
How, dou you have coupons for BestBuy? It's the same rebate everywhere 15$ off when you buy 2, difference is the coupons
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2013
5320 posts
3349 upvotes
Toronto
JP3ll3ti3r wrote: How, dou you have coupons for BestBuy? It's the same rebate everywhere 15$ off when you buy 2, difference is the coupons
The Source is only giving $12 off, and BestBuy just sells the Chromecast $1 cheaper than Staples does. Of course with a coupon staples or the source would be a better deal. Especially if you can located a 25 off 75 which Staples refuses to send me.
Nov 13, 2013
585 posts
461 upvotes
Quebec
Jep4444 wrote: The Source is only giving $12 off, and BestBuy just sells the Chromecast $1 cheaper than Staples does. Of course with a coupon staples or the source would be a better deal. Especially if you can located a 25 off 75 which Staples refuses to send me.
Ok didn't notice the 1$ difference. I'm waiting for thesource.ca to fix the error... hopefully they will (chat said it will be fixed tomorrow). Or I will use the 20$ off 150$ or more coupon from Staples (search online) since I need 4 new chromecast audio
Sep 5, 2011
625 posts
137 upvotes
NL
kleung21 wrote: i have one of the audio ones.

the video version is great. the audio version - buggy with limited apps.
Perhaps your wifi coverage is not great? I have both versions and love my cc audio and have never had an issue with it. Takes me about 10 seconds to throw on some radio, or connect to google play. Perfect for winding down after work.
Feb 19, 2009
408 posts
429 upvotes
Greater Toronto Area
Best Buy has the same deal.
I love these things.
I agree with the others the audio one can be buggy, but mostly from iOS.
When I do it from a PC or my Android Phone they are rock solid.
I love the multi room audio!
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2006
1895 posts
359 upvotes
Alberta
Picked up 2 from staples, m705 mouse, 10 off 100 coupon. Happy guy.
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2004
4153 posts
726 upvotes
Toronto
munnakha05 wrote: My chromecast audio behave like a ghost. It continues to play even after switching off the device. Sometimes connection is difficult. Too irritating. I like this tiny guy but bug kills the charm.
The point of the Chromecast Audio is that it connects directly to the music source and doesn't go through your device (by which I assume you mean a phone or tablet etc.) except to find that connection initially. In this sense, what you're describing is exactly how it's supposed to behave.
Dec 21, 2010
73 posts
22 upvotes
Edmonton
Is anyone using it wt the actiontec v1000 on telus?

Ive been weary to purchase it based on reading through some of the msg boards wt people having issues connecting using telus and their modem router
Jan 19, 2011
982 posts
322 upvotes
Montreal
Ps. If you've got a friend and family discount... it's $57.xx + tax for two. Makes the deal lava hot.