The Source/La Source Logitech T650 34.96$

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 14th, 2014 7:48 pm
[OP]
Oct 6, 2011
34 posts
18 upvotes

[The Source] The Source/La Source Logitech T650 34.96$

Bring the SKU code with you ( 8006315 ) My local TheSource have it in store (backstore) but not available to customers (???) Ask if anything was in stock and he tell me that 60ish left in stock around Quebec (Include Quebec,Montreal, Saguenay)

If you're searching for that kind of things I think for that price it can't be beat. Didn't check for other area. Tested tonight after 3 hours of charge.

Windows 7 desktop: Have to do an update/install drivers
Windows 8 laptop: Work perfectly with all gestures
Chromebook Acer C7: Work without any install or tweaks, 1 finger, 2 fingers scroll, 2 fingers tap bring second menu. Work but NO swipes around windows/other apps open
Backtrack 5 R3 on Acer Aspire 5733: Work well the first time, after a reboot didn't recognize anything. Maybe just a few adjustment.
16 replies
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
20142 posts
8179 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
scoutermike wrote: Staples only matches not beat..
How the mighty have fallen, I still remember price matching 50% of the difference at Staples. :(
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2002
2018 posts
1074 upvotes
Midland
Nice find OP! How does this one compare to the Dell's version that was 30 dollars the other day.
[OP]
Oct 6, 2011
34 posts
18 upvotes
joe2k1 wrote: Nice find OP! How does this one compare to the Dell's version that was 30 dollars the other day.
The review tend to be better for the Logitech t650.
Review for the Dell : http://www.istartedsomething.com/201301 ... -touchpad/

So far I love that touchpad. Really useful when on the couch and the laptop is connected to the television. No problem with the range at 7-8 meters from the dongle.
Jan 6, 2006
205 posts
75 upvotes
Nanaimo
Thanks OP, I also picked one up at Staples, pricematch not pricebeat. I'll see if it makes Windows 8 more usable, if not, I'll return it within 30 day return period.
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2001
16192 posts
2855 upvotes
BinaryJay wrote: How the mighty have fallen, I still remember price matching 50% of the difference at Staples. :(
LOLs, I still have a Canon scanner from the 50% price beat. :D
Automatic down-votes: D-Link, TP-Link, Newegg, Canada Computers, any Chinese-owned cellphone, laptop or IoT device.
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
20142 posts
8179 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
doa2 wrote: Thanks OP, I also picked one up at Staples, pricematch not pricebeat. I'll see if it makes Windows 8 more usable, if not, I'll return it within 30 day return period.
What makes W8 most usable is to spend 1 minute learning some keyboard shortcuts, this isn't necessary for that. Get it for being a cool gadget, not because you don't want to learn to use the OS.
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2001
16192 posts
2855 upvotes
BinaryJay wrote: What makes W8 most usable is to spend 1 minute learning some keyboard shortcuts, this isn't necessary for that. Get it for being a cool gadget, not because you don't want to learn to use the OS.
If I wanted to go back to using a keyboard, I'd load a Linux distro.
Automatic down-votes: D-Link, TP-Link, Newegg, Canada Computers, any Chinese-owned cellphone, laptop or IoT device.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 19, 2004
7558 posts
393 upvotes
BC
Does this work with Mac?
insert witty comment
Jul 15, 2003
536 posts
189 upvotes
Thanks Op! They are easy to adapt to and use... I especially like the "hyperscrolling"-like aspect; once you've used it it's hard to go back to the regular "click" wheel.
Oct 22, 2012
28 posts
3 upvotes
Montreal
I am in Montreal, and got a logitech T650 at FutureShop last week, with PM of price of the Source which is $39.96, I asked FS and was glad that FS accepted it and gave me the difference of 10%, so my final price before TAX is about $35, a great deal.

My os is win7, and I use this touchpad with a logitech mouse so they can share same receiver by logitech unifying tech, it is great when I can close a webpage by double tap with this pad while my firefox installed an extension which names of double click close tab, meanwhile I could scroll page by two fingers.
Deal Guru
Oct 24, 2012
11624 posts
2598 upvotes
Montreal
tt2233 wrote: by two fingers.
Yeah, a lot can be done with two fingers.
My wife just loves my two fingers.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)