Expired Hot Deals

[The Source] Seagate USB 3.0 2TB Backup Plus Portable Drive $75.95

  • Last Updated:
  • Sep 1st, 2016 2:09 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Member
Oct 20, 2011
230 posts
189 upvotes
Oshawa

[The Source] Seagate USB 3.0 2TB Backup Plus Portable Drive $75.95

Deal Link:
I know not the cheapest its been but haven't seen it cheaper for awhile. Can PM Best Buy as well. Good replacement for the PS4 500GB drive.

See below regarding filler and coupon. Thanks PitchyDawg
123 replies
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 8, 2011
1237 posts
1442 upvotes
TORONTO
HOT.

Unless I'm mistaken, this equals - or is even cheaper than - any Amazon lightning deal on Seagate 2TB portables that I've seen in the past year+.... lowest sale prices hovered around $79 I believe...

Thanks OP! And you might want to change the post and thread title (Edit / Go Advanced) to reflect that the item is actually ~$75.95 with free shipping, after $0.96 filler and a $25 off $100 newsletter coupon.

1) Sign up for newsletter on a new e-mail account. Wait for $25 off $100 coupon.

2) Create a new The Source account using the same e-mail account.

3) Add the hard drive to your cart. Then add a cheap filler to push yourself above $100.

Examples:

http://www.thesource.ca/en-ca/gaming/3d ... /p/5810689

http://www.thesource.ca/en-ca/gaming/3d ... /p/5810693

4) Apply the coupon code during check out to bring the subtotal down to ~$76.

5) Select free shipping to Home.

I'm pretty sure that this contains the well-regarded Samsung Spinpoint 2TB drive inside that is standard size and fits inside the PS4 or laptop / PCs. There is also very little difference from the 2TB Xbox Game Drive by Seagate offered by the Microsoft Store for $99.

Though there have been deals on 4TB, I prefer managing my Plex library in 2TB chunks due to smaller form factor; the standard size will fit in 3rd party external enclosures for easy swaps.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2012
2114 posts
1611 upvotes
PitchyDawg wrote: HOT.

Unless I'm mistaken, this equals - or is even cheaper than - any Amazon lightning deal on Seagate 2TB portables that I've seen in the past year+.... lowest sale prices hovered around $79 I believe...

Thanks OP! And you might want to change the post and thread title (Edit / Go Advanced) to reflect that the item is actually ~$75.95 with free shipping, after $0.96 filler and a $25 off $100 newsletter coupon.

1) Sign up for newsletter on a new e-mail account. Wait for $25 off $100 coupon.

2) Create a new The Source account using the same e-mail account.

3) Add the hard drive to your cart. Then add a cheap filler to push yourself above $100.

Examples:

http://www.thesource.ca/en-ca/gaming/3d ... /p/5810689

http://www.thesource.ca/en-ca/gaming/3d ... /p/5810693

4) Apply the coupon code during check out to bring the subtotal down to ~$76.

5) Select free shipping to Home.

I'm pretty sure that this contains the well-regarded Samsung Spinpoint 2TB drive inside that is standard size and fits inside the PS4 or laptop / PCs. There is also very little difference from the 2TB Xbox Game Drive by Seagate offered by the Microsoft Store for $99.

Though there have been deals on 4TB, I prefer managing my Plex library in 2TB chunks due to smaller form factor; the standard size will fit in 3rd party external enclosures for easy swaps.
I don't think it's the same drive as the Xbox 2tb drive for $99. This one isn't slim and probably won't fit the ps4. Haven't searched but I don't want people jumping to out this in their ps4.

Can someone confirm that it's a thin 9.5mm or less drive inside?
Member
Apr 9, 2012
353 posts
107 upvotes
I just bought this using the "dadisfaction" coupon I got shopping a couple weeks ago. They had some more kicking around so maybe if you ask nice and say you lost your they will give you one. had to add a .96 filler to get it over 100.
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2014
1085 posts
419 upvotes
GTA, ON
Thanks OP! In for 1 before the seagate HDD bashing starts...
Sr. Member
User avatar
Apr 18, 2008
913 posts
280 upvotes
Mississauga
Good for PS4? It's 12.1mm thick so I'm guessing the HDD should be 9.5mm.
Sr. Member
Dec 25, 2009
889 posts
195 upvotes
GOT ONE! The total cost (in Alberta) was $79.75

I'm not sure how great this drive is (and feel free to provide your opinion), but I've always been skeptical of Seagate due to the many bad reviews. Still. For 80$ a 2 TB portable drive isn't bad at all, especially when not using important files on it.
[OP]
Member
Oct 20, 2011
230 posts
189 upvotes
Oshawa
Chewfam wrote: I don't think it's the same drive as the Xbox 2tb drive for $99. This one isn't slim and probably won't fit the ps4. Haven't searched but I don't want people jumping to out this in their ps4.

Can someone confirm that it's a thin 9.5mm or less drive inside?
It's the slim one. Source doesn't have the word slim in main title but is in description.
Newbie
User avatar
Jan 31, 2009
50 posts
31 upvotes
Toronto
I just signed up for a new account and only got the welcome email, no coupon.
Does it take time to get the email/coupon?
Banned
Jun 10, 2016
15 posts
1 upvote
does it come with automatic backup software for backing up the data?
Deal Guru
User avatar
Jul 8, 2009
10799 posts
5080 upvotes
Saturate wrote: Good for PS4? It's 12.1mm thick so I'm guessing the HDD should be 9.5mm.
It sure does work with the ps4.
We have one in our ps4 in the basement and then have a SSD in the other and theres not much difference at all now considering getting another to gain the extra 1tb space
Sr. Member
User avatar
Jan 16, 2006
739 posts
97 upvotes
saddogg wrote: I just signed up for a new account and only got the welcome email, no coupon.
Does it take time to get the email/coupon?
just use a temp email account like 10 minute mail. i got a code within a couple minutes.

not sure if it will work with your account since my sign up info is different but here it is 004-Z5DF-6PDD-F763
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Nov 3, 2010
6704 posts
2100 upvotes
Mississauga
blazed16 wrote: It sure does work with the ps4.
We have one in our ps4 in the basement and then have a SSD in the other and theres not much difference at all now considering getting another to gain the extra 1tb space
Do you think 2 TB is enough on the long run?
Silence is the best answer to a fool
Sr. Member
User avatar
Dec 9, 2007
529 posts
108 upvotes
Is this the biggest hard drive available for ps4?
RFD makes me :lol:
Deal Addict
Feb 29, 2004
2329 posts
592 upvotes
I can confirm that your newsletter coupon email does *not* have to be the same as your purchase account email.

Bought one. Thanks OP!
Deal Addict
Jan 6, 2015
2860 posts
778 upvotes
Toronto, ON
saddogg wrote: I just signed up for a new account and only got the welcome email, no coupon.
Does it take time to get the email/coupon?
I got my coupon right away

Top