• Last Updated:
  • Aug 25th, 2017 5:57 pm
[OP]
Nov 16, 2013
849 posts
298 upvotes
GTA

Sources to find Government Jobs

Is their any website to regularly track to see new job posting at Federal and Provincial level?
14 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2013
2408 posts
764 upvotes
New Brunswick
The government site themselves. Plus you can find the Staffing agencies that work with the government.
Jul 31, 2009
124 posts
14 upvotes
i just went to the sunshine list and created a list of all employers in there for prov gov in excel.....man its a long list
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
2720 posts
2183 upvotes
Why restrict yourself to the Fed/Prov level? Go municipal! Less flak from the public (no one cares about municipal politics outside Toronto), good pay, and an OMERS pension. Can't go wrong with OMERS
RFD is love. RFD is life. I wish I had an RFDer for a wife.
[OP]
Nov 16, 2013
849 posts
298 upvotes
GTA
crazyrock wrote: i just went to the sunshine list and created a list of all employers in there for prov gov in excel.....man its a long list
Can you share for Ontario please
[OP]
Nov 16, 2013
849 posts
298 upvotes
GTA
crazyrock wrote: i just went to the sunshine list and created a list of all employers in there for prov gov in excel.....man its a long list
Can you share for Ontario please
[OP]
Nov 16, 2013
849 posts
298 upvotes
GTA
LoANeal wrote: Why restrict yourself to the Fed/Prov level? Go municipal! Less flak from the public (no one cares about municipal politics outside Toronto), good pay, and an OMERS pension. Can't go wrong with OMERS
So just go to each municipality website to find jobs? Is there a better option than tracking 5-6 municipalities in GTA ?
Dec 24, 2009
34 posts
7 upvotes
Toronto
You can sign up for job alerts for most governments, just go on their jobs website and look around for that option. I typically use language requirements + salary to be my search parameters. But bookmarking 6 webpages and visiting them everyday is also not that hard..... gov't jobs are extremely competitive to get. If you want to get in, you have to put in the effort. Depending on the field, they might have semi-public ads that are posted on specific websites (i.e. Indigenous job boards, Charity Village, IPAC). If you're looking for low-level work like clerical/admin, try an agency (HR Associates, Bagg, Altis, Drake) because those jobs usually aren't worth the effort to run a competition. Indeed pulls a lot of them too, just search "public sector", "ministry", "city of", "region of" etc. but it's easier to just look directly at their sites.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
2720 posts
2183 upvotes
vivmk20 wrote: So just go to each municipality website to find jobs? Is there a better option than tracking 5-6 municipalities in GTA ?
Honestly? No. Some of the bigger places have job aggregation like this: http://www.ontariomunicipaljobs.com/ but most of the smaller communities do not. I had I think 264 different bookmarks by the end of my job search just for municipal locations (of course not all in the GTA). But ya either job alerts for some of the bigger ones or just daily looking at their sites (I can advise you that some jobs stay up for less than a week so a weekly search prolly not a good plan).
[OP]
Nov 16, 2013
849 posts
298 upvotes
GTA
treecow wrote: You can sign up for job alerts for most governments, just go on their jobs website and look around for that option. I typically use language requirements + salary to be my search parameters. But bookmarking 6 webpages and visiting them everyday is also not that hard..... gov't jobs are extremely competitive to get. If you want to get in, you have to put in the effort. Depending on the field, they might have semi-public ads that are posted on specific websites (i.e. Indigenous job boards, Charity Village, IPAC). If you're looking for low-level work like clerical/admin, try an agency (HR Associates, Bagg, Altis, Drake) because those jobs usually aren't worth the effort to run a competition. Indeed pulls a lot of them too, just search "public sector", "ministry", "city of", "region of" etc. but it's easier to just look directly at their sites.
Thanks . I was looking at senior level positions 15 years executive experience .

I will keep a track on daily basis
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
2720 posts
2183 upvotes
Okay well if you're going for more exec positions there's quite a few of those that go external. Unfortunately i find most of those require some public sector experience though, things like commissioners, directors, etc. Managerial positions are more likely in reach though.
Jul 31, 2009
124 posts
14 upvotes
it doesnt allow me to add the list, too long
Dec 24, 2009
34 posts
7 upvotes
Toronto
Sign up for the weekly IPAC job opportunities emails, you don't need to be a member and those are usually senior/executive level. LinkedIn is posted on a lot as well, just create search alerts.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)