Expired Hot Deals

Soylent

Locked: Soylent Cafe Mocha - BOGO - $57 for 24 Bottles (Tax-free)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 22nd, 2021 7:13 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 22, 2012
5945 posts
6956 upvotes
Richmond Hill

Soylent Cafe Mocha - BOGO - $57 for 24 Bottles (Tax-free)

Deal Link:
Price:
$2.38
Savings:
BOGO
Expiry:
August 31, 2021
Retailer:
Soylent
Soylent Canada is having a BOGO promotion on their Cafe Mocha meal replacement drink. Promotion extended, ends Aug 31st @ 23:59 PST

Normally $57 for a dozen bottles, now you get 24.

Approximately $2.38 a bottle, decent for a easy coffee/breakfast on the go. I used to love grabbing one in the morning back in university.

Limited to a max of 120(!?) bottles per customer.

Add at least two to cart, then use
Coupon code: MOCHA50

Does not stack with newsletter/subscription/referral. Does not contain humans.

Edit: I've never seen it this cheap, ever. Even on Prime Day 2017 lightning deal sale that sold out quickly, it was $30+ and limited one case per customer. It was known as Coffiest back then.
soylent.PNG
Last edited by rugerty100 on Aug 21st, 2021 11:06 am, edited 6 times in total.
107 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jul 5, 2001
8944 posts
10119 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks OP, I'm on a subscription plan for this and have been drinking this as my breakfast since the pandemic started.

For those trying to determine how much to stock up on and BBDs, my most recent batch (delivered end of June) has a BBD of January 2022.
Aug 30, 2017
187 posts
364 upvotes
Target audience is obviously nobody over 60 years old.

If you grew up with the Soylent Green narrative of dystopian future, hard pass. :D
Images
  • 514A00BA-17B9-4AE6-A6A1-0C7A4A6C632D.jpeg
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2006
13622 posts
2805 upvotes
Vancouver
Hmm what is this? I think there was controversy in the past? I am still curious though, lots of people seem to use it.
Oct 29, 2016
618 posts
396 upvotes
Was about to order but the caffeine content is fairly high - 150mg - about 1.5 double shots of espresso. Does the discount work on non mocha? Assuming no.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 22, 2012
5945 posts
6956 upvotes
Richmond Hill
trellaine201 wrote: Hmm what is this? I think there was controversy in the past? I am still curious though, lots of people seem to use it.
The "controversy" was that it didn't meet CFIA's requirements to be a labelled a Meal Replacement and was banned from Canada.

Now Soylent has returned to Canada. Not sure if Soylent changed or the regulations did.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/christinat ... ince-2017/
Jan 22, 2015
679 posts
956 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Do you feel satisfied when you drink these? Always felt hungry still when trying out similar products.
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2006
13622 posts
2805 upvotes
Vancouver
Hmm says it contains lead and cadmium. But how does it taste?
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2009
4113 posts
4317 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Last time they had a good sale I stocked up and my 8 boxes showed expiry dates for a month later. I complained and they said its safe to drink past expiry and wouldn't do anything. Haven't ordered from them again since. Went from 2 bottles a day to none.

I'm guessing if its half price then check your expiry dates when they show up.

This is a good price but imo its hard to drink the mocha every day as its high caffeine and not as good tasting as the other flavours IMO (taste is very personal preference though).
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 22, 2012
5945 posts
6956 upvotes
Richmond Hill
trellaine201 wrote: Hmm says it contains lead and cadmium. But how does it taste?
The lead and cadmium in minute amounts present in the base ingredients, like in rice.

Eating a meal with fish would contain more lead than this drink. There may be some potential concerns if Soylent is the only thing you're consuming 3 meals a day, everyday, but for those of us with varied diets supplemented by the occasional bottle, it's nothing to worry about.

The taste is like a...mocha protein shake? It's decent in my opinion, but taste is subjective.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2008
3109 posts
1258 upvotes
Thornhill
I would have considered it if not for caffeine...

Is this healthy?
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2006
13622 posts
2805 upvotes
Vancouver
Hmmm i am interested lol at this price. Doing a bit more research.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2017
3144 posts
6413 upvotes
I tired drinking only soylent 2.0 for a couple weeks prior to the ban. I felt pretty weird and ended up changing to two bottles a day supplementing with real food. The chocolate flavor tasted horrible to me, I actually preferred the original (ready to drink) flavor. Never tired the mocha flavor though.

Edit: So people don’t think I’m a massive idiot, I slowly weaned myself onto this for a couple weeks prior to trying to go all in. I bought maybe like 4-5 cases of the ready to drink, a couple of the powdered products and did a bit of research prior.

Headaches were fairly common with that formulation IIRC. I experienced them for a while at for the first week at 1 bottle a day and they felt almost like a weird kind of tension at the back of my head.

Typing this now, I realize I am an idiot for continuing to use this for no reason other than curiosity when my body was telling me no.

It’s an interesting concept for sure, products of this kind will definitely be improved in the coming years. There are real use cases for these types of products so people saying to “just eat food” should consider that option is not always practical or possible for some people.
Last edited by kimwoobingsu on Aug 18th, 2021 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 22, 2012
5945 posts
6956 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Ecsta wrote: This is a good price but imo its hard to drink the mocha every day as its high caffeine and not as good tasting as the other flavours IMO (taste is very personal preference though).
Which flavours are your favourite? I preferred Coffiest the most, and found Café Vanilla and Chai too sweet. Seems like they added a few more flavours now though.
Dec 22, 2017
651 posts
1119 upvotes
Is it made of humans?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 5, 2001
8944 posts
10119 upvotes
Toronto
For those too lazy to Google:

FYI - I only drink this regularly Monday - Friday and max one a day.
Apr 29, 2021
7 posts
9 upvotes
Anyone getting an invalid coupon code error?

I added the $57 (12 bottle) option to cart and applying MOCHA50 gives the error: "MOCHA50 discount code isn’t valid for the items in your cart"

EDIT: NVM, add 24 bottles and it will work. Thanks OP!
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2017
1499 posts
938 upvotes
GTA
I remember there was a soylent competitor in Mississauga but can't remember the name or if the company is still active at this moment right now.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2017
3144 posts
6413 upvotes
rugerty100 wrote: Which flavours are your favourite? I preferred Coffiest the most, and found Café Vanilla and Chai too sweet. Seems like they added a few more flavours now though.
The original when I used to drink this almost had a Momofuku cereal milk ice cream taste IMO for slightly sweet toasted cornflakes flavor). It was my favorite flavor.
Mar 31, 2013
340 posts
255 upvotes
Sherwood Park
FlamingTuxedo wrote: Target audience is obviously nobody over 60 years old.

If you grew up with the Soylent Green narrative of dystopian future, hard pass. :D
In my 30s and every time I see this stuff all I can think about is recycled long pork in my beverage.... in for 2 cases.