Expired Hot Deals

Soylent

Locked: Soylent Cafe Mocha - BOGO - $57 for 24 Bottles (Tax-free)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 22nd, 2021 7:13 pm
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2010
1778 posts
1020 upvotes
Montreal
They've tweak taste and formula a decent amount of times, your body tends to need a bit to get used to it. These kinds of drinks (Hol Food, Nestle Resource 2.0, Soylent) help me avoid snacking, lessens worries about food/meals, ensures a basic amount of nutrition... Helps with anxiety/depression for me, thanks OP at this price it's much easier to justify
Nov 8, 2010
10 posts
13 upvotes
Burnaby
This is the future... we'll all be drinking this or something similar as the world deteriorates. I keep a few in my bug out bag.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2017
3144 posts
6412 upvotes
rugerty100 wrote: The "controversy" was that it didn't meet CFIA's requirements to be a labelled a Meal Replacement and was banned from Canada.

Now Soylent has returned to Canada. Not sure if Soylent changed or the regulations did.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/christinat ... ince-2017/
They went beyond calling it a meal replacement IIRC and were saying it could replace “Every meal”. The government was 100% right to make them change the way it was marketed. Even in their own publications at the time they were already walking back from the original 1.0 idea that you (read: anyone) could sustainably live on 100% soylent.

I realize I am posting a bit about this, and it might sound negative but I want to make it clear that I don’t believe the product is/was dangerous, just the way it was marketed.
Nov 14, 2017
939 posts
1720 upvotes
Vancouver
Been wanting to try these for a long while, was about to purchase some a few years back then they got banned.

This is a great price to dip my toe in and see if it's worth. Thanks for sharing OP!
Dec 5, 2016
551 posts
806 upvotes
I know there was issues in the past with giving people gas and they did a bunch of tweaks in that regard, were they successful?
Last edited by TouchMyBox on Aug 18th, 2021 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mar 27, 2015
175 posts
528 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Thanks OP, have been curious about these for some time so might as well try
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 22, 2012
5424 posts
5748 upvotes
Richmond Hill
TouchMyBox wrote: I know there was issues in the past with giving people gas and then did a bunch of tweaks in that regard, were they successful?
I never experienced that issue with the drinks, but did have some gas with the powder back in '17.
Sep 16, 2015
3 posts
2 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
TouchMyBox wrote: I know there was issues in the past with giving people gas and they did a bunch of tweaks in that regard, were they successful?
The most recent issue was the reformulation to include allulose (Soylent Optimized), but that was only in the US. The Canada version is the old formula which I've never had a problem with.
Deal Addict
Nov 5, 2006
1619 posts
7525 upvotes
Isn't it cheaper to just buy the powder?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 5, 2001
8698 posts
9131 upvotes
Toronto
coopercold wrote: Isn't it cheaper to just buy the powder?
There is no powdered Cafe Mocha.
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2017
1257 posts
1471 upvotes
Vancouver
Bought. Thx OP not bad for under $2.50 a bottle.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 22, 2012
5424 posts
5748 upvotes
Richmond Hill
coopercold wrote: Isn't it cheaper to just buy the powder?
With the current promotion, price is nearly the same per serving.

The convenience factor of ready-to-drink, grab and go is a major factor too.

People typically don't have much time in the morning, and many skip breakfast. Measuring/mixing/cleaning, perhaps flavouring and adding ice, all that takes time.

It's been awhile since I've last had the powder, but I could never make it taste as good as the bottles.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2011
3326 posts
3727 upvotes
GVRD
FlamingTuxedo wrote: If you grew up with the Soylent Green narrative of dystopian future, hard pass.
Anyone seeing that movie will find it impossible to separate the products.

Last edited by RxMills on Aug 18th, 2021 1:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Aug 1, 2011
287 posts
293 upvotes
Canada
+1 great deal.

These are amazing to have on hand if you want a quick breakfast/lunch (and caffeine). Tastes fine but not the best texture in the world.
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2009
4029 posts
4167 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
rugerty100 wrote: Which flavours are your favourite? I preferred Coffiest the most, and found Café Vanilla and Chai too sweet. Seems like they added a few more flavours now though.
Chocolate is basically all I drank for about a year - its by far my favourite flavour. I bought a couple cases of Mocha and I basically drank them on the weekends or when I didn't have time to make a coffee. Trying to cut down on caffeine since I already have 2 coffees a day didn't want to get more from my "food".

Had it for breakfast and lunch every day, and then a normal/food meal for dinner. No issues at all. Only reason I stopped was because at $5 a bottle ($4 on sale) it was a huge expense. Buying yogurts/fruits/packed lunch is significantly cheaper but much more time consuming.

I also drank original for a while but its very plain.
Mar 22, 2007
149 posts
318 upvotes
Thanks for this. I tried a few bottles pre-ban and thought they were okay but the individual price gave me pause.
Dec 13, 2014
239 posts
920 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
"Omg I heckin love SOYLENT!"
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2011
2461 posts
2203 upvotes
Vancouver
HolFood >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Soylent.

That is all.
Deal Guru
Oct 21, 2015
11849 posts
104448 upvotes
Ontario
kimwoobingsu wrote: They went beyond calling it a meal replacement IIRC and were saying it could replace “Every meal”. The government was 100% right to make them change the way it was marketed. Even in their own publications at the time they were already walking back from the original 1.0 idea that you (read: anyone) could sustainably live on 100% soylent.

I realize I am posting a bit about this, and it might sound negative but I want to make it clear that I don’t believe the product is/was dangerous, just the way it was marketed.
well...Redbull was advertised as "Redbull gives you wings" and some people believed it....
Costco West: BC, AB, SK & MB
Costco East: ON, Québec , NB, NS & PEI
Deal Guru
Oct 21, 2015
11849 posts
104448 upvotes
Ontario
9394 wrote: There is no powdered Cafe Mocha.
is the taste similar like Starbucks mocha drinkj?
Costco West: BC, AB, SK & MB
Costco East: ON, Québec , NB, NS & PEI