Computers & Electronics

Space X router and dish antennas (almost 19 inch) specifications are published

  • Last Updated:
  • Nov 1st, 2020 2:19 pm
14 replies
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Aug 29, 2001
5886 posts
1348 upvotes
rural ontario
Lower Canada is part of the beta. Anyone sign up?
72 69 6c 6c 65 73
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2011
8423 posts
5301 upvotes
Mississauga
“Lower Canada” as in QC or as in southern Ontario? :)
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2011
1395 posts
1030 upvotes
Québec
mrweather wrote: “Lower Canada” as in QC or as in southern Ontario? :)
From the article :'between 44 and 52 degrees north latitude'
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 2, 2005
1986 posts
1124 upvotes
rilles wrote: Lower Canada is part of the beta. Anyone sign up?
I signed up when it opened. Lets see if they actually choose anyone in Canada. I suspect it wont be at the initial beta but maybe further down the road as they need to get approval in canada still.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 13, 2009
5072 posts
3251 upvotes
elgros4 wrote: From the article :'between 44 and 52 degrees north latitude'
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
23513 posts
8396 upvotes
RAINMAN0 wrote: I signed up when it opened. Lets see if they actually choose anyone in Canada. I suspect it wont be at the initial beta but maybe further down the road as they need to get approval in canada still.
Let's hope they will approve this rather than having to have a fake U.S. address like many people had to back in the day to get Dish or DSS...
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2005
4261 posts
1866 upvotes
Toronto
RAINMAN0 wrote: I signed up when it opened. Lets see if they actually choose anyone in Canada. I suspect it wont be at the initial beta but maybe further down the road as they need to get approval in canada still.
@RAINMAN0 how did you sign up? I'm on the website and don't see anywhere I can register.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 2, 2005
1986 posts
1124 upvotes
Repooc wrote: @RAINMAN0 how did you sign up? I'm on the website and don't see anywhere I can register.
I think it's closed now. It wasn't open for Canada too long.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 24, 2013
6259 posts
3011 upvotes
Kingston, ON
RAINMAN0 wrote: I signed up when it opened. Lets see if they actually choose anyone in Canada. I suspect it wont be at the initial beta but maybe further down the road as they need to get approval in canada still.
44-52°N is an interesting latitude range. Gets most of Europe too, and remote parts of Russia, Kazakhstan, China, but one would think they’re wanting underserved customers in rural US & Canada both.

Biggest cities in that range in US are... Seattle, Portland, Minneapolis? Vs. basically 80% of the Canadian population (every city except GTA, SWO, and Niagara peninsula).
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2009
2395 posts
1977 upvotes
Montreal
Isn't like 99$US to subscribe ? That would be like +/- 135$ in Canada if you factor in exchange rate. Since it's satellite, the signal will be altered during cloudy, thundery & snowy days ?

Any hint how this will be priced in Canada ?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2011
8423 posts
5301 upvotes
Mississauga
I heard rumors on reddit that in Canada the hardware will be $500+ with monthly service at $150.
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2009
2395 posts
1977 upvotes
Montreal
mrweather wrote: I heard rumors on reddit that in Canada the hardware will be $500+ with monthly service at $150.
That's, expensive for what is worth.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 25, 2003
9247 posts
360 upvotes
elpaso wrote: That's, expensive for what is worth.
Not if you live in the middle of nowhere..

Top