Expired Hot Deals

SpeakOut 7Eleven

$25 Top Up Bonus on $100 Prepaid Back on - SpeakOut - New Figo phone online for $49.99 (after voucher) Ends January 2nd!

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 4th, 2017 8:07 am
Deal Fanatic
Jan 10, 2010
7166 posts
2817 upvotes
Calgary
mazda626 wrote: Yes

Cart2.jpg

Ground shipping is 13.50 plus tax, air express is $21.50 plus tax. There's no option shown for shipping to store.

Shipping.jpg
Thanks! In that case I will wait until the phone becomes available locally.
Nov 10, 2008
945 posts
145 upvotes
Toronto
wxw2015 wrote: My first Speakout phone was free when I topped up 100$ into my new account. And the sim was free too.
+1.

I wonder if they will have a better offer on Boxing day. I have 3 Speakout accounts to top up.
Nov 10, 2007
202 posts
68 upvotes
Coquitlam BC
Has anyone seen the phone at a store in the GVR?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 10, 2010
7166 posts
2817 upvotes
Calgary
I just got the Figo phone in Calgary. The Crowfoot & Ranchlands locations just got them this morning. I assume the Hawkwood location has them too.
Sep 14, 2003
342 posts
38 upvotes
Got mine from my local store in west central Alberta. Had to point out the promo to the clerk to get the right price.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 25, 2003
5100 posts
7205 upvotes
Vancouver
JRFD23 wrote: I'm looking for a PublicMobile Phone, so just to clarify—I can get this for $160?

$100 Voucher, $50 Phone, $10 SIM?

Then with the Dual SIM, unlocked, I can have both a 711 Phone Number + Public Mobile Phone Number? & Does this Figo support Tethering? Thanks

If quoted spec. are correct:

* Bad: Note that this phone is NOT LTE phone! Check with Public Mobile how they support HSPA+. Otherwise, it will operate on 3G speeds.

** The worst: if this is 512MB RAM phone don't walk, RUN away... It's not really clear what model this is [comparing SO site and manufacturer's site for specs.]

*Good: It will work on Wind [Freedom]! Face With Tears Of Joy
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who gives up a little freedom to gain a little security, deserves neither and will lose both. (Benjamin Franklin)
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2006
3735 posts
485 upvotes
Vancouver
max011 wrote: If quoted spec. are correct:

* Bad: Note that this phone is NOT LTE phone! Check with Public Mobile how they support HSPA+. Otherwise, it will operate on 3G speeds.

** The worst: if this is 512MB RAM phone don't walk, RUN away... It's not really clear what model this is [comparing SO site and manufacturer's site for specs.]
It's already been confirmed in a previous post that the Figo comes with 1gb RAM and marshmallow.
Last edited by kmchow on Dec 2nd, 2016 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oct 27, 2009
315 posts
64 upvotes
anyone recently ported number to speakout? How long did it take you? Was online form enough or we have to call-in to confirm?
Nov 25, 2002
701 posts
178 upvotes
Kelowna
I hope people post their experiences with the phone as they get familiar with them.
Sep 14, 2003
342 posts
38 upvotes
nickaslt wrote: anyone recently ported number to speakout? How long did it take you? Was online form enough or we have to call-in to confirm?
I submitted a request via the online form at at 09:45hrs this morning and will post here when it's done. Given that it's the weekend I'm not really expecting anything until Monday.

http://www.speakout7eleven.ca/support/p ... r-duration
“The process to transfer your number should take about 2 hours to complete during normal business hours. As such, it can take up to 72 hours. Once the transfer is complete, your old phone will stop working and your SpeakOut Wireless number will become active”
Deal Fanatic
Nov 25, 2003
5100 posts
7205 upvotes
Vancouver
kmchow wrote: It's already been confirmed in a previous post that the Figo comes with 1gb RAM and marshmallow.
Well I guess I'm missing that confirmation [with proves], as well as the exact model/Spec of the phone on both SpeakOut and FiGO sites... and anywhere else for that matter!] [this is usually a bad sign!]

1. There is no "Virtue III" on FiGO site [this is usually a bad sign!]
2. If you search for it, you get only [hidden from site] "Virtue 3" [this is usually a bad sign!]
3. Model mentioned under #2 above has 512MB RAM [start running]

So I wish you are right, cuz even with 1GB RAM under Marshmallow it is going to be a pain to run too many apps.
Last edited by max011 on Dec 3rd, 2016 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who gives up a little freedom to gain a little security, deserves neither and will lose both. (Benjamin Franklin)
Deal Fanatic
Nov 25, 2003
5100 posts
7205 upvotes
Vancouver
dlhntr wrote: Went into a store today. They had them in. Looks like it is the Virtue 3 with 1.0 GHz Quad Core Processor and 8 GB storage. I think it has 1 GB of RAM also.

Here are a couple pics.

Hi, could you do us all a favour and check whats' the RAM size cuz they didn't put it on the box?

If you don't have any of banchmark apps installed, could you please simply look under

Settings > Applications > Running services

At the bottom you will see 2 numbers: RAM used and free. Add both numbers together to get total usable RAM. Note that this might be a bit less than the acctual RAM in the device as the system may reserve some of the RAM for itself but it will for sure tell us is it 1GB or 512MB model....

TIA

EDIT: I guessed you got the phone, right? If not, can someone else check for RAM, please?
Last edited by max011 on Dec 3rd, 2016 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sep 14, 2003
342 posts
38 upvotes
max011 wrote: 3. Model under #2 has 512MB RAM [start running]
My Virtue III shows 0.94GB Total Memory

I'll agree that the lack of info online is a little disconcerting. Even a downloadable manual would be nice. The pamphlet/manual that comes in the box is printed in a very small font (very hard on old eyes)
Deal Fanatic
Nov 25, 2003
5100 posts
7205 upvotes
Vancouver
mazda626 wrote: My Virtue III shows 0.94GB Total Memory

I'll agree that the lack of info online is a little disconcerting. Even a downloadable manual would be nice. The pamphlet/manual that comes in the box is printed in a very small font (very hard on old eyes)
Thanks! And, depending on the real-life performance, it might even be a good spare phone for 50 bucks...

And I hear you; most modern made-in-china gadgets are coming with those micro-print "manuals"these days...
Sep 14, 2003
342 posts
38 upvotes
max011 wrote: Hi, could you do us all a favour and check whats' the RAM size cuz they didn't put it on the box?

If you don't have any of banchmark apps installed, could you please simply look under

Settings > Applications > Running services

At the bottom you will see 2 numbers: RAM used and free. Add both numbers together to get total usable RAM. Note that this might be a bit less than the acctual RAM in the device as the system may reserve some of the RAM for itself but it will for sure tell us is it 1GB or 512MB model....

TIA
"Settings > Applications > Running services" does not exist

"Settings > Storage & USB" shows:
Total space 8.00 GB
System memory 2.99 GB
Internal Storage 4.14 used of 8.00 GB
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2014
2795 posts
554 upvotes
Is this the new free phone, or is there new free phone on 100$ topup this year.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 25, 2003
5100 posts
7205 upvotes
Vancouver
mazda626 wrote: "Settings > Applications > Running services" does not exist

"Settings > Storage & USB" shows:
Total space 8.00 GB
System memory 2.99 GB
Internal Storage 4.14 used of 8.00 GB
Yes, it showes 8GB built-in storage.

And sorry, my bad, under Marshmallow RAM is under "Settings > Memory"...
Jan 14, 2004
274 posts
99 upvotes
Travellots wrote: That phone doesn't even look like worth $50 on sale.

Their phone deals have gone sour this year. Last year they gave away Blu Advanced L for free.
Got the Blu Advance L last year for free and gave it to my father, it was an "upgrade" for him. Died after 4 months. If this year's discount phone lasts I'd say it's worth the extra cost.
Jul 21, 2009
404 posts
161 upvotes
London
Cheesy wrote: What's a good dual sim phone out there now?
I bought the Acer Liquid Zest. Dual sim plus memory card slot and came unlocked. Not LTE but otherwise great phone. Bought at Costco for $99 but saw it at Staples as well. Use Speakout and Fido data plus TextNow (since can auto send signature so people can see my info) as well as Google Hangouts since it shows my Speakout number.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)