Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Speakout: August Promos, Bonus $25 with $100 airtime AND 50% off any phone

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 11th, 2012 5:32 am
Jan 7, 2006
428 posts
118 upvotes
Toronto

Speakout: August Promos, Bonus $25 with $100 airtime AND 50% off any phone

EDIT: Now confirmed. The promotions described are now active. https://www.speakout7eleven.ca/prepaid- ... promotions

I just topped up one of my family's four Speakout phones, and got an email immediately afterward from speakout inviting me to take advantage of two promotions: Bonus $25 with $100 airtime AND 50% off any phone. It indicates clearly that both can be used together. However, the links do not currently lead to this promotion. As today is July 29, I'm guessing they put the August promo email into the system too early. This is not guaranteed, though. It might be an old one that never got removed. However, they have typically had great promos like this for the August/September back-to-school period so I'm betting on that.

Usually these bonus $25s are tied to when you activate NOT when you purchase -- so if you have a code, or were thinking of topping up, yo may want to wait till August 1 and see if I'm right!

FINE PRINT FROM THE EMAIL:
$25 bonus top up available only with the purchase of $100 SpeakOut top up. Plus applicable taxes. Offer subject to change without notice. Cannot be combined with any other offer. $100 top up must be activated by 4/30/2012 to automatically receive the $25 bonus. Edit: Must be activated by September 30, 2012.

† For a limited time only, purchase a $50 or more top up voucher and receive $20 off any SpeakOut Wireless phone. That’s a Nokia 1616 for only $19! $25 bonus top up and 50% discount only available with the purchase of $100 SpeakOut top up.
54 replies
Jan 7, 2006
428 posts
118 upvotes
Toronto
Speakout Pay as You go offers a great option for low usage customers.

Minutes last 365 days (even if it's only a $25 topup) so you can have an emergency phone (or a guest phone if you have frequent international visitors, or a kid "yes I made it to school/the library/my friend's house" phone) for as little as $25/year.

Calls are 25c/minute, which sounds high until you think of it compared to a typical "basic" monthly fee of $30. For $30 you get 120 minutes on Speakout. So how long would it take you to go through 120 minutes? If it's less than a month, you are probably better off with a monthly plan! But if you use it for just a few minutes a week, that might be six months worth of calls... and you don't have to pay any monthly fee (except the mandated tiny 911 fee). There are other RFD threads about the merits of Speakout. We've been using them for years, very happy. Currently we have five phones activated, for four family members and visiting American family & friends.
Mar 3, 2012
231 posts
39 upvotes
Winnipeg
rrraven wrote: Not quite as promising as I'd thought, but unless you have a reason not to, probably still worth waiting the two days. :)

Must have missed the massive $50 airtime for $30 thread and group buys.

speakout-7-11-50-prepaid-card-only-33-ymmv-1205945/

Although this is a legit promotion and not manipulation of a misprint.
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2004
1834 posts
694 upvotes
Toronto
well, hope this is true.. need to top up my account.. and seems that the group buy might have run out..
It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum and I'm all outta gum.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2007
3864 posts
1150 upvotes
Toronto
Not bad at all. But the Triad group buy is a much better deal, if he still has more, that is.
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2007
3567 posts
3194 upvotes
Sepharite wrote: Not bad at all. But the Triad group buy is a much better deal, if he still has more, that is.
I agree....but i think that is done. I tried a pm days ago and got no reply :(

I will buy one $100 card now and one at the end of September. You can purchase this promotion online (well at least you could in March/April).
Deal Expert
Oct 27, 2003
18444 posts
9757 upvotes
Greater Toronto Area
Sepharite wrote: Not bad at all. But the Triad group buy is a much better deal, if he still has more, that is.
Yup, but that is a price error, the few people who got in on it are lucky. This buy $100 get $25 offer is a legitimate deal that everyone can easily take advantage of.

I need smaller topups, the $25 one is the sweet spot.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 10, 2010
7393 posts
2944 upvotes
Calgary
Unfortunately, I need two $50 ones so this deal is not for me! :(
Jun 7, 2004
65 posts
4 upvotes
Abbotsford
SIM cards for Speakout seem rare in the Fraser Valley...I'm having trouble finding one.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2012
2223 posts
628 upvotes
GTA
GeneticFreek wrote: SIM cards for Speakout seem rare in the Fraser Valley...I'm having trouble finding one.
you can order it online now
May 3, 2007
469 posts
49 upvotes
Just purchased Pin plus phone at the Pickering Petro Canada Gas station that just happens to have a 7/11 store.

Triad had a great deal. But I had to purchase a phone to get the SIM Card(None in the GTA).

In addition I also got a bonus of Petro Canada points.
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2003
4067 posts
124 upvotes
Toronto
GeneticFreek wrote: SIM cards for Speakout seem rare in the Fraser Valley...I'm having trouble finding one.
You can buy a petrocanada SIM for $5 and activate it with speakout. Done and tried. Very easy, just tell them you don´t have an activation code, have them activate it by the 20-digit SIM card number.
Nov 14, 2006
338 posts
43 upvotes
kwanyeung20 wrote: you can order it online now
Yes I just noticed that too. I think that must be new, great feature. I'll be good for another six months.
May 3, 2007
469 posts
49 upvotes
I tried the Petro Canada SIM Card and the SO CSR said I can't do it.
Unfortunately for me I told them that I had a Petro Canada Sim card. Hence the reason to just buught a new phone just to get a sim card. BTW got $5.00 for activating new phone.
I also read somewhere that it was hit and miss. In my case a miss.
Deal Addict
May 16, 2007
1513 posts
1494 upvotes
Thanks OP bought some extra air time online for the wife's phone. Can never go wrong with some bonus $$$ for the top up !
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2004
1611 posts
116 upvotes
Thanks, OP. Hope they have such promotion regularly.
Deal Addict
Nov 3, 2006
3441 posts
746 upvotes
Winnipeg
Last december they had the same promo (buy $100 get $25 extra top up) but it comes with a free Nokia phone and SIM... with that promo, you can probably sell the phone and the SIM for $20 or $25 bucks, and you basically got $50 for your $100 which is much better...
Jun 7, 2004
65 posts
4 upvotes
Abbotsford
[QUOTE] Quote Originally Posted by kwanyeung20 View Post
you can order it online now[/QUOTE]

Thank you! That is new as of the weekend as that was when I last looked. :-0
Jan 7, 2006
428 posts
118 upvotes
Toronto
This is now confirmed. And yes, I did see the group buy/Western misprint. Chances are the $25 bonus applies to that "promotion" as well, if activated after Aug 1... as the bonus has in the past been confirmed to apply based on activation time and NOT purchase time. Not guaranteed of course. Would only work with a $100 topup, though, and not two $50s (I believe, based on past experience), and if I read the groupbuy right that was just done with the $50s (since at the time it seemed two $50s were as good as a $100).

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)