Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Speakout Canada

7eleven Free Speakout SIM with Top up purchase $35 or more Expiry 3 March 2020

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 13th, 2020 1:19 pm
Dec 12, 2009
491 posts
391 upvotes
OutsideYourWorld wrote: I use this as my main phone "plan." I have no one to call or text, really ;) It's great not to have to top up every month.
same boat as you but I would like to have data too and at a reasonable price. Currently, I use their $10 add-on for a ridiculously low 100 meg of data. I burn through that just doing monthly email. anyways, still looking for a phone plan that charges per use but with a bigger bundle of data.
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2001
1418 posts
940 upvotes
Vancouver
starbuckscoffee wrote: same boat as you but I would like to have data too and at a reasonable price. Currently, I use their $10 add-on for a ridiculously low 100 meg of data. I burn through that just doing monthly email. anyways, still looking for a phone plan that charges per use but with a bigger bundle of data.
If you have a dual SIM phone, many people on RFD use SpeakOut for rare calls/texts as one SIM and Fido $15/4GB data-only as second SIM. Conceivably, this could keep costs to about $20/month (or less, if you can get a Fido loyalty discount).
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2018
6328 posts
2521 upvotes
does it matter?
AEmgee wrote: If you have a dual SIM phone, many people on RFD use SpeakOut for rare calls/texts as one SIM and Fido $15/4GB data-only as second SIM. Conceivably, this could keep costs to about $20/month (or less, if you can get a Fido loyalty discount).
This.
imoo2u wrote: Image

Free SIM offer valid with $35 or greater SpeakOut top up purchase only.
SpeakOut Wireless SIM cards are compatible with most unlocked iPhone and Android handsets that are HSPA compatible using 850/1900 Mhz frequencies.
Shipping charges will apply if ordering online.
Promotion valid dates 01/06/20 - 03/03/20.
Cannot be combined with any other promotional offer.
While supplies last.

IMPORTANT NOTE:
ONLY AVAILABLE IN CANADA, EXCLUDING QUEBEC, YUKON, NWT & NUNAVAT
just to be clear they charge $4 S/H charge. So it is free but not free.
"Laws for thee but not for me!" I will keep on jet-setting around the world. Spend as much as I can and enjoy vacations Free at Friends estate. Do as I do not as I say. I used to pay for my vacation until I met my hero.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2018
9652 posts
10924 upvotes
Vancouver
starbuckscoffee wrote: same boat as you but I would like to have data too and at a reasonable price. Currently, I use their $10 add-on for a ridiculously low 100 meg of data. I burn through that just doing monthly email. anyways, still looking for a phone plan that charges per use but with a bigger bundle of data.
The next step up is Koodo. You can get a minimum prepaid plan from Koodo for $13.50/month when paid by pre-authorized credit card (unlimited text, expensive calling). To that you can add cheap 1 Gbyte data addons and cheaper voice addons that you can use up as needed without expiry. The crossover point from Speakout is that Koodo would be cheaper if you are spending more than about $17/month.
Jan 15, 2016
879 posts
940 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Scote64 wrote: The next step up is Koodo. You can get a minimum prepaid plan from Koodo for $13.50/month when paid by pre-authorized credit card (unlimited text, expensive calling). To that you can add cheap 1 Gbyte data addons and cheaper voice addons that you can use up as needed without expiry. The crossover point from Speakout is that Koodo would be cheaper if you are spending more than about $17/month.
Koodo took out the discount for auto top ups for new customers.
Aug 6, 2012
349 posts
192 upvotes
TORONTO
There's also https://www.piranha-mobile.com/ with a canadian number. $0.03 per MB, so $3 for the 100MB you're using now (plus $0.50 for CDN number). Not worth it if buying GB worth but not bad otherwise. Works in other countries to, unlike 7-Eleven.
Deal Expert
Sep 1, 2005
21703 posts
17378 upvotes
Markham
jeremy4 wrote: There's also https://www.piranha-mobile.com/ with a canadian number. $0.03 per MB, so $3 for the 100MB you're using now (plus $0.50 for CDN number). Not worth it if buying GB worth but not bad otherwise. Works in other countries to, unlike 7-Eleven.
Just looking at this as I've never heard of it....based on this, how do you know if you're using Bell or Telus? The rates are better than Speakout...so where is the "watch out for" negatives of this service? This is 2g/3G data only though. Can I use only calling/SMS?
Pirahna Capture.JPG
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Aug 6, 2012
349 posts
192 upvotes
TORONTO
gr8dlr wrote: Just looking at this as I've never heard of it....based on this, how do you know if you're using Bell or Telus? The rates are better than Speakout...so where is the "watch out for" negatives of this service? This is 2g/3G data only though. Can I use only calling/SMS?
You can pick which one on the network screen of your phone. Don't know what the automatic connection would pick but most phones you can see the result in the quick drop down or network settings.

Can disable data from the web interface so that only calling and SMS will work. One of the downsides is that it takes a while to ship the SIM from England.
Apr 23, 2009
692 posts
184 upvotes
GTA
To confirm, as long as I buy the $35 voucher at a store by 5/5/20 [OP title should be updated], I get a free SIM, and both SIM & voucher don't expire until I activate. Am I correct? (I know the voucher expires a year after activation.)

Do all 7-11 stores in ON sell this voucher?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)