• Jan 12th, 2020 2:25 pm
[OP]
Dec 29, 2012
346 posts
126 upvotes
Toronto

Speeding ticket question

Speeding ticket question

I got a speeding ticket for 28 km/h over speed limit. The highway from the off ramp goes from 100 km/h to 70 km/h to 50 km/h. At about 300-500 meters right after the 70 km/h sign I was pulled over - I essentially would have to had started braking once I saw the sign. Today there was a weather rain warning as well as fog (Wondering if this will make a difference in trial)

I am under my father's insurance as a listed driver for the vehicle I was driving.

1. Does TD check records when it's time for renewal (What are the chances they will)?
2. Does this affect my insurance or my father's if i choose to get my own insurance later on?
3. How much can I expect my insurance to go up and will it affect all vehicles on my father's insurance premium?
4. Do people normally take a plea deal with prosecutor or just go straight to trial (what are my chances of it getting thrown out)?
4 replies
May 31, 2018
6 posts
hydewolf wrote: Speeding ticket question

I got a speeding ticket for 28 km/h over speed limit. The highway from the off ramp goes from 100 km/h to 70 km/h to 50 km/h. At about 300-500 meters right after the 70 km/h sign I was pulled over - I essentially would have to had started braking once I saw the sign. Today there was a weather rain warning as well as fog (Wondering if this will make a difference in trial)

I am under my father's insurance as a listed driver for the vehicle I was driving.

1. Does TD check records when it's time for renewal (What are the chances they will)?
2. Does this affect my insurance or my father's if i choose to get my own insurance later on?
3. How much can I expect my insurance to go up and will it affect all vehicles on my father's insurance premium?
4. Do people normally take a plea deal with prosecutor or just go straight to trial (what are my chances of it getting thrown out)?
1:Some insurance check when time to renew other don't so it's a guessing game when you get the renew best bet is to pay it without asking question
2:if you get your own it won't affect your father
3:no idea how much it will go up but will affect all vehicle that you are allow to drive
4: alway go plea deal as they will bring price down but I doubt that procecutor has the power to cancel it unless you deal with a lawyer to represente you

Make sure you print the weather network for that days as it should help your case but could also be against you as they might said you were driving too fast for the weather
Good luck
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2011
4009 posts
22826 upvotes
Your insurance can’t go up if you are not convicted. Currently you are not guilty unless you pleaded guilty (by paying for the fine) or have been convicted during trial.

There is a dedicated thread regarding speeding tickets and fighting them it was started by @djino
__
Want to know the latest Costco Clearance items and prices in Ontario.. check out my thread here.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
36403 posts
22562 upvotes
Center of Universe
Was it a yellow advisory speed sign?