Speedpass+ App transaction limit

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 18th, 2019 1:47 pm
[OP]
Feb 15, 2012
4 posts
Toronto

Speedpass+ App transaction limit

Wondering if others using this App get limited at $90?

I’ve called their help line and they seem unaware of any limit, even suggesting that I speak to my CC company.

It’s not as easy as simply performing 2 transactions as the App gets a “Pump Unavailable” when I try again.

If you’ve got a vehicle with a large tank, boat, or just add in a car wash it’s frustrating and not very “Speedy”.

If they allowed you to add your PC Optimum to the regular Speedpass Key Tag I’d just keep using that as the limit is much higher.

It’s hard to believe that they designed this App without a limit update function at either the user end or customer service rep end.
3 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2012
4330 posts
3623 upvotes
Oakville, ON
McVicar wrote: Wondering if others using this App get limited at $90?

I’ve called their help line and they seem unaware of any limit, even suggesting that I speak to my CC company.

It’s not as easy as simply performing 2 transactions as the App gets a “Pump Unavailable” when I try again.

If you’ve got a vehicle with a large tank, boat, or just add in a car wash it’s frustrating and not very “Speedy”.

If they allowed you to add your PC Optimum to the regular Speedpass Key Tag I’d just keep using that as the limit is much higher.

It’s hard to believe that they designed this App without a limit update function at either the user end or customer service rep end.
Just this week I used it for $91.xx in fuel, less fuel savings card applied, plus car wash which all netted it to $105.xx

The limitation is probably coming from your credit card - you should call them as suggested.
[OP]
Feb 15, 2012
4 posts
Toronto
Hey CL, thanks for purchase info.

So it appears that the limit is localized to my install.

I called my CC company and there’s no individual transaction limit outside of my card’s limit.

I’ll try removing then reinstalling the App, but have to make note of a couple of washes I have not used.

It’s a slick App for sure ... for me as long as I don’t go over $90! Astonished Face
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2007
9926 posts
4843 upvotes
I noticed it used to be $150 then it went to $90.
Telus $45 25GB