• Sep 20th, 2021 3:51 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 28, 2006
7418 posts
846 upvotes
Richmond Hill

Spiderman 2 reveal was running in real time on the PS5

First game running in real time to reach CGI like graphics. Huge.

17 replies
Deal Fanatic
Aug 24, 2011
5348 posts
3620 upvotes
Toronto and London
Insomniac are wizards, I bet they get help from the other 1st party giants like ND, Santa Monica and Guerilla.
Last edited by RiftOfChaos on Sep 13th, 2021 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jun 16, 2009
4503 posts
4665 upvotes
GTA
Yeah well the web slinging and swinging? Some YouTuber shows it's recycled from last game! Game is clearly going to be a clone, only Sony fanboys will defend this fact. I give this unreleased game 2.5/10 based on the trailer.

Just wanted to get that in before anyone else Face With Tears Of Joy
c'mon get happy!
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2011
2792 posts
1398 upvotes
EDMONTON
Yeah, but it's a short demonstration. The actual gameplay graphics will probably be downgraded like everything does.
teksavvy sucks
Deal Fanatic
Dec 1, 2004
8342 posts
1966 upvotes
This needed its own thread :rolleyes:
STEAM-XBL-PSN: CFRTim
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2010
3508 posts
1288 upvotes
Montreal
Insomniac should take care of all the Marvel games... Eidos-Montreal are terrible at it!
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2003
3139 posts
615 upvotes
Ottawa
umadbrah wrote: The actual gameplay graphics will probably be downgraded like everything does.
The puddles! We gotta see those puddles!
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2014
1400 posts
765 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I'm sure it'll be a great game, like the first one was, but I'm wondering if people will end up getting Marvel fatigue. I'm pretty marveled out already...
Deal Addict
Jun 16, 2009
4503 posts
4665 upvotes
GTA
Niklasky wrote: I'm sure it'll be a great game, like the first one was, but I'm wondering if people will end up getting Marvel fatigue. I'm pretty marveled out already...
Same. As a kid, this much mainstream Marvel exposure was my wet dream. Now that I'm living it as an adult, meh.
I think the next MCU Phase will be a deciding factor to Marvel's continued success, and how much longer we can expect to be oversaturated with Marvel properties. If it fizzles, then Sony might be in trouble...
c'mon get happy!
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2012
2875 posts
4111 upvotes
Niklasky wrote: I'm sure it'll be a great game, like the first one was, but I'm wondering if people will end up getting Marvel fatigue. I'm pretty marveled out already...
I already am. I think the next one I'll play is Wolverine and that's pretty much it. I'll be skipping Square's GotG as well.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 1, 2004
8342 posts
1966 upvotes
Marveled out as well, but the box office shows I'm in the minority
STEAM-XBL-PSN: CFRTim
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2014
1400 posts
765 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Caerus wrote: I already am. I think the next one I'll play is Wolverine and that's pretty much it. I'll be skipping Square's GotG as well.
Seeing how Square Enix shit the bed with the Avengers, I'm definitely skipping GotG.

Wolverine, I don't know. It's so early we know nothing about it, we don't even know what kind of game it's going to be.
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2012
2875 posts
4111 upvotes
Niklasky wrote: Seeing how Square Enix shit the bed with the Avengers, I'm definitely skipping GotG.

Wolverine, I don't know. It's so early we know nothing about it, we don't even know what kind of game it's going to be.
Yup, I don't see Square doing a good job. GotG were decent movies, but I have no interest in playing it as a game.

The only reason I'll be playing Wolverine is because he's been my favourite X-Men character, and overall Marvel superhero since I was a little kid. I figure by the time the game comes out, I'll be more interested in playing it. Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 28, 2006
7418 posts
846 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Seeing how cinematic Miles can look like here, I can't wait to see how Spiderman 2 and Wolverine turns out.

Deal Addict
Jun 16, 2009
4503 posts
4665 upvotes
GTA
jeffyjaixx wrote: Seeing how cinematic Miles can look like here, I can't wait to see how Spiderman 2 and Wolverine turns out.

I am pretty sure the next game will look and be Amazing. But personally, I almost wish they skipped Spidey and had pushed up Wolverine's release, or focused on a totally different hero. Honestly, wouldn't a Hulk game have been a good change? Spidey is my favorite Marvel hero, but his story has been told too often over the last few decades in all sorts of media, while so many other good characters haven't. I would totally be into a Blade or Ghost Rider or even Squirrel Girl just to mix it up. Putting the spotlight on some other major (or semi-major) characters would probably help prevent the burnout.
c'mon get happy!
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 28, 2006
7418 posts
846 upvotes
Richmond Hill
BernardRyder wrote: I am pretty sure the next game will look and be Amazing. But personally, I almost wish they skipped Spidey and had pushed up Wolverine's release, or focused on a totally different hero. Honestly, wouldn't a Hulk game have been a good change? Spidey is my favorite Marvel hero, but his story has been told too often over the last few decades in all sorts of media, while so many other good characters haven't. I would totally be into a Blade or Ghost Rider or even Squirrel Girl just to mix it up. Putting the spotlight on some other major (or semi-major) characters would probably help prevent the burnout.
I think Sony is trying to double down on the momentum as how Tom Holland's Spiderman had been such a success and they are pushing Far From Home and Venom/Carnage movies coming out soon.

But I definitely don't mind other hero games either. Wolverine is a first good start.
Deal Addict
Jun 16, 2009
4503 posts
4665 upvotes
GTA
jeffyjaixx wrote: I think Sony is trying to double down on the momentum as how Tom Holland's Spiderman had been such a success and they are pushing Far From Home and Venom/Carnage movies coming out soon.

But I definitely don't mind other hero games either. Wolverine is a first good start.
That's a good point. The current Spidey is hot and succesful in all its movie forms right now, including Spiderverse. They should take advantage of that now.
c'mon get happy!
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2010
3508 posts
1288 upvotes
Montreal
Niklasky wrote: Seeing how Square Enix shit the bed with the Avengers, I'm definitely skipping GotG.

Avengers has nothing to do with the SE Japanese branch ... should not accused them all Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes