20% off all suits

Deal Link:
Savings:
20% off
Expiry:
July 22, 2019
Retailer:
Spier & Mackay
Like the title suggests. 20% off all of their suits, include sale. Not sure if the referral discount trick will stack with this promotion. [removed]

Edit: Sorry, promo code is: SUITS20
Last edited by Mars2012 on Jul 17th, 2019 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: not allowed
76 replies
Deal Guru
Sep 14, 2003
10366 posts
214 upvotes
Mississauga
As a reference, I own several S&M suits. Best value in suiting you can buy. High quality, and feels really comfortable on. As a person who wears a suit every day, this is a really good deal for a high value suit.
4chan melts your brain.
[OP]
Jan 30, 2012
106 posts
76 upvotes
danfromwaterloo wrote:
Jul 17th, 2019 5:41 pm
As a reference, I own several S&M suits. Best value in suiting you can buy. High quality, and feels really comfortable on. As a person who wears a suit every day, this is a really good deal for a high value suit.
Agreed. I own a few and usually buy one when they have sales like this. Great value at this sale price.
Aug 7, 2011
607 posts
150 upvotes
nowitzki41 wrote:
Jul 17th, 2019 6:26 pm
Agreed. I own a few and usually buy one when they have sales like this. Great value at this sale price.
How are they with ordering several sizes/fits and returning?

I fit between two sizes and haven't shopped here before.

Also, how do their cheapest suits compare to SS?
[OP]
Jan 30, 2012
106 posts
76 upvotes
1theguy1 wrote:
Jul 17th, 2019 6:28 pm

I have one SS suit and I prefer my S&M suits over that one. But they are both in the same range, but the S&M sale price gives them the edge in my opinion.

With regards to returns: https://www.spierandmackay.com/returns-exchange

If I'm honest, I've never had to return anything, so I can't comment on that personally.
Mar 1, 2012
565 posts
255 upvotes
1theguy1 wrote:
Jul 17th, 2019 6:28 pm

Spier & Mackay is better than SuSu. SuSu has increased their prices while at the same time introducing poly-blend suits and sportcoats, slimming their lapels ("modern" (take that as you will) but I see it as cost-cutting) and the functional buttonholes can prove problematic if you need to shorten the sleeves.

I also find S&M has better consistency in sizing than compared to SuSu.

S&M may be more CBD (conservative business dress) so consider SuSu only if you want an eclectic piece.

Bonus: you'll be supporting a Canadian business.

Returns are free in for Canadians. I've ordered multiple sizes to figure out my sizing and then returned them for a full refund.

EDIT: Also, not suiting, but S&M shirting is miles better than SuSu and can be had cheaper when running their promotions. The only caveat is that 90% of the shirts will need to be ironed.
Jul 16, 2019
1 posts
1 upvote
Do these suits come with the pants as well, or just the blazers?
[OP]
Jan 30, 2012
106 posts
76 upvotes
Masernaut wrote:
Jul 17th, 2019 6:43 pm
and the functional buttonholes can prove problematic if you need to shorten the sleeves.
My tailor tells me this is a big bonus, yeah. The functional buttonholes can be a nightmare to deal with when the sleeves need shortening. He says he appreciates S&M for that.
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2006
4798 posts
683 upvotes
Markham
This has better value than CK sales in BAY
Dec 3, 2007
269 posts
203 upvotes
If off the rack works for you, SM is a definite option.

My experiences with custom shirts by SM have been disastrous. Customer service was horrible, measurements were poorly done for several years by several different people. They would call me in to pick up my shirts, and they wouldn't be ready or the tailoring was way off.

Have dealt with the owner and most of the other staff at both Toronto and Mississauga locations and no one seemed to know what they were doing.

Buyer beware for custom anything by SM.
Not worth the headache at any price.
Aug 1, 2010
777 posts
474 upvotes
Is this still worth it if you don't live in GTA for in store tailoring?
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2005
1190 posts
196 upvotes
glib wrote:
Jul 17th, 2019 9:35 pm
If off the rack works for you, SM is a definite option.

My experiences with custom shirts by SM have been disastrous. Customer service was horrible, measurements were poorly done for several years by several different people. They would call me in to pick up my shirts, and they wouldn't be ready or the tailoring was way off.

Have dealt with the owner and most of the other staff at both Toronto and Mississauga locations and no one seemed to know what they were doing.

Buyer beware for custom anything by SM.
Not worth the headache at any price.
It's been a few years since ordering from SM but I love my custom shirts from them. Though, the first one was quite off and needed so much adjustments that it never fitted properly. It was a bit of a write off. They kept my adjusted sizing on file. My 5 shirts afterwards were great. The custom fit really stands out compared to OTR. Material is high quality.
Aug 29, 2018
32 posts
14 upvotes
I ordered off the rack shirts online and although the fit was goodbye, the collar crumpled after a few months, and I'm not sure it can be ironed back flat. Poor design for the price IMO.
[OP]
Jan 30, 2012
106 posts
76 upvotes
colavs19 wrote:
Jul 17th, 2019 9:40 pm
Is this still worth it if you don't live in GTA for in store tailoring?
You're going to have to get any off the rack suit tailored in most cases. Don't necessarily need it done by them specifically. That's just how buying a suit goes.
[OP]
Jan 30, 2012
106 posts
76 upvotes
asdwer wrote:
Jul 17th, 2019 6:43 pm
Do these suits come with the pants as well, or just the blazers?
The suit comes with pants, yes.