• Last Updated:
  • Dec 2nd, 2017 10:52 pm
27 replies
[OP]
Nov 29, 2005
565 posts
152 upvotes
PM'd at Best Buy. Total price including tax= 656.24

Good deal considering this model just came out.
Nov 23, 2017
3 posts
$70 off the flagship Hero 6 Black from GoPro! Puts it very close to retail pricing for a Hero 5 Black!
Deal Addict
Jun 27, 2003
1435 posts
549 upvotes
North York
Also available at Atmosphere locations too.
Too bad the 10% newsletter code can't be stacked on Gopro products.
Hopefully the ebates works

I ordered one anyways, time to replace the Sony action cam.
Nov 13, 2012
64 posts
35 upvotes
K/W
I was in SAIL today and picked up the hero6 on their sale.

It rang in with 20% discount ($519.99).
Best price I have seen thus far...

Too bad I bought one at bestbuy over 2 weeks ago.
Anyone have any experience returning opened electronics after their 14 day policy... but during the holiday period?
Nov 24, 2017
120 posts
92 upvotes
ik0n85 wrote: I was in SAIL today and picked up the hero6 on their sale.

It rang in with 20% discount ($519.99).
Best price I have seen thus far...

Too bad I bought one at bestbuy over 2 weeks ago.
Anyone have any experience returning opened electronics after their 14 day policy... but during the holiday period?
Where is SAIL?? I went to sport chek today and they had the gopro 6 at regular price $650. Is this deal online only or dead?
Apr 25, 2007
146 posts
52 upvotes
GTA
Hero6 Black worth the extra $ compared to Hero5 Black?

I'm wondering if I should keep the Hero5 Black bundle I just bought from Costco online or get the Hero6 Black instead? This is my first GoPro.

Now on sale $449.99 ($60 off, was $509.99) and I used the $25.00 off Masterpass = $424.99 + 0.75 eco fee + tax.
https://www.costco.ca/GoPro-Hero5-Black ... 78124.html

I ordered it on Thursday and just got it today from UPS - came with 2 batteries, dual battery charger, 16gb Sandisk Extreme microsd+adapter plus the frame, head strap, mounts etc etc.
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2001
4317 posts
406 upvotes
Calgary
cotton wrote: Hero6 Black worth the extra $ compared to Hero5 Black?

I'm wondering if I should keep the Hero5 Black bundle I just bought from Costco online or get the Hero6 Black instead? This is my first GoPro.

Now on sale $449.99 ($60 off, was $509.99) and I used the $25.00 off Masterpass = $424.99 + 0.75 eco fee + tax.

I ordered it on Thursday and just got it today from UPS - came with 2 batteries, dual battery charger, 16gb Sandisk Extreme microsd+adapter plus the frame, head strap, mounts etc etc.
The Hero5 is a better deal price wise IMO. Unless there's a feature on the 6 you really want I would just keep the 5.
"i love my girl friend and my girl friend loves me ok so you cant love me"
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2010
2252 posts
1525 upvotes
Toronto

I’d say go with the 5 deal as the extras and savings makes it worth it way more over the extra features.
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2008
1823 posts
589 upvotes
4 to 5 was a big change with the screen. 5 to 6 is not that big. You will end up spending more with 6 for batteries and accessories. I think your 5 is a good deal.
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2013
2570 posts
2169 upvotes
condo
The Hero 6 apparently has much better HDR, color and shadow processing compared to the Hero 5. If you google YouTube comparisons you can see the Hero 5 colors get blown out when shooting anything in the sky with the sun near the background.

The colors are also much better under water with the Hero 6 (more natural tones) and also where there's lots of lighting contrast. The Hero 5 just processes it without adjusting for the different light based on the depth and distance of the objects.

Bought the GoPro Hero 6 for $579.99 price matched to the Source for Cyber Monday. Then got the No Tax at Sport Chek and $50 promo gift card, plus paid with Sport Chek gift cards that we're on sale for 15% off from Canadian Tire a couple months. All-in-all, paid about $402.XX in actual costs, net of the gift card discounts, promo card, and tax exclusion...
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2010
2252 posts
1525 upvotes
Toronto
tmonies wrote: The Hero 6 apparently has much better HDR, color and shadow processing compared to the Hero 5. If you google YouTube comparisons you can see the Hero 5 colors get blown out when shooting anything in the sky with the sun near the background.

The colors are also much better under water with the Hero 6 (more natural tones) and also where there's lots of lighting contrast. The Hero 5 just processes it without adjusting for the different light based on the depth and distance of the objects.

Bought the GoPro Hero 6 for $579.99 price matched to the Source for Cyber Monday. Then got the No Tax at Sport Chek and $50 promo gift card, plus paid with Sport Chek gift cards that we're on sale for 15% off from Canadian Tire a couple months. All-in-all, paid about $402.XX in actual costs, net of the gift card discounts, promo card, and tax exclusion...
This is the real deal. I didn’t capitalize on the 15% cards cause I have the 5 but I can’t buy anything at Sport Chek without that deal now because it’s the best combined with something like this or the F&F sale (YMMV if they let you buy a GoPro though).
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2001
4317 posts
406 upvotes
Calgary
tmonies wrote: The Hero 6 apparently has much better HDR, color and shadow processing compared to the Hero 5. If you google YouTube comparisons you can see the Hero 5 colors get blown out when shooting anything in the sky with the sun near the background.

That's quite the deal, congrats!
"i love my girl friend and my girl friend loves me ok so you cant love me"
Deal Addict
Mar 1, 2012
2002 posts
2370 upvotes
tmonies wrote: Bought the GoPro Hero 6 for $579.99 price matched to the Source for Cyber Monday. Then got the No Tax at Sport Chek and $50 promo gift card, plus paid with Sport Chek gift cards that we're on sale for 15% off from Canadian Tire a couple months. All-in-all, paid about $402.XX in actual costs, net of the gift card discounts, promo card, and tax exclusion...
I am so confused... What is the process? And is it still available?
Apr 6, 2008
574 posts
549 upvotes
Toronto

Look up YouTube videos of EIS for GoPro 5 vs GoPro 6. The electronic image stabilization on the 6 seems much improved and creates gimbal-like video without the use of a gimbal. I have a 4 Silver and a gimbal, but this EIS feature alone is worth the upgrade for me because I also shoot underwater.
Nov 23, 2017
3 posts
That's an awesome deal! I ended up just getting it at sportchek for 579.

I'd also mention the 4k 60fps recording on the GoPro and the image stabilization at 4k30fps. I have a Hero 5 Black already and I can say for certain the difference is *very* noticeable
Jul 2, 2005
442 posts
173 upvotes
Mississauga
Good price for sure! But IMO the Sony fdrx3000 still wins in IQ, stabilization, and sound recording. Hero 6 wins in [email protected] and having tons of after market accessories due to the factor.
Apr 25, 2007
146 posts
52 upvotes
GTA
Thanks everyone for your comments re Hero5 vs 6!
I'm going to hang on to the Costco Hero5 bundle for now. Gotta research a bit more...i'm glad Costco return policy is 90 days!
And wait and see if there's any good GoPro 5/6 deals on Boxing Day!

Tmonies, wow what a super awesome deal on the 6! 👍🏼
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2013
2570 posts
2169 upvotes
condo
Masernaut wrote: I am so confused... What is the process? And is it still available?
Deal was only available on the Friday. And it took awhile to accumulate all the right pieces to make it a great deal. We knew we wanted to upgrade our old GoPro 3, so we bought $500+ worth of Sport Chek gift cards when Canadian Tire had them for 15% off.

I had originally wanted to buy the Hero 5 when the F&F discount was on a month or so ago, but all the stores we went to noted that GoPros were excluded. So it was a little disappointing, since at the time 20% off retail price + the 15% gift card discount seemed like a great deal already.

So when the Black Friday deal came around, I was asking if the GoPro was excluded again. And apparently they weren't suppose to be part of the No Tax promo. But we got lucky in-store and they gave us the No Tax + $50 promo + price matched The Source even though their GoPro Hero 6 sale wasn't suppose to start until Cyber Monday.

In the end, we got really lucky and were able to stack more discounts than I had expected. So the price was essentially $579.99 - $50 promo gift card = $529.99 * 85% = $450.50 / 1.12 (tax) = $402.23 (our net cost if I factor in having to pay 12% tax normally).

TldR: essentially we bought a GoPro Hero 6 for almost the same price as the Cyber Monday deal + F&F 20% promo discount + Sport Chek gift card 15% discount from Cdn Tire. As such, it was worth spending a little bit more to buy the lastest and greatest instead of last year's model. No regrets!