10x skate sharpening card 50% off

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 25th, 2021 8:17 pm
[OP]
Oct 12, 2008
299 posts
610 upvotes

[Sport Chek] 10x skate sharpening card 50% off

May combine with 20x or 30x points event, purchase $150 and get a $30 promotional code event and your personalized offer of 10 off 50 or 15 off 75.
Last edited by TomRFD on Oct 16th, 2021 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: updated retailer name
28 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2004
1069 posts
436 upvotes
Do these cards expire?
Jan 27, 2011
29 posts
24 upvotes
dubey wrote: Do these cards expire?
No they do not.

"Cut down the cost of skate sharpenings with the 10X Skate Sharpening Card. No expiry date, can be used for multiple different pairs of skates and can be redeemed at any Sport Chek location."
May 30, 2019
207 posts
427 upvotes
I had so many bad experiences with sportchek sharpeners. It's so hit or miss. Good deal but you're way better off going to a hockey shop to get it sharpened
Jul 23, 2018
633 posts
244 upvotes
dubey wrote: Do these cards expire?
Cut down the cost of skate sharpenings with the 10X Skate Sharpening Card. No expiry date, can be used for multiple different pairs of skates and can be redeemed at any Sport Chek location.
Deal Addict
Mar 25, 2009
1128 posts
718 upvotes
Toronto
Gimmethedealio wrote: I had so many bad experiences with sportchek sharpeners. It's so hit or miss. Good deal but you're way better off going to a hockey shop to get it sharpened
Are you saying 16 year old Jason doesn’t know how to sharpen your skates? ;-)
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2009
1462 posts
516 upvotes
Toronto
How do I know if skates need sharpening? Have a few from different family members and I can't remember who got what sharpened when.
Jun 8, 2017
20 posts
12 upvotes
Dont forget, it's 6.99 for shipping, and there's no option to pick up in store if ordered online... Anyone have a free shipping code? Or know if this can be purchased instore?
May 29, 2006
654 posts
166 upvotes
Gimmethedealio wrote: I had so many bad experiences with sportchek sharpeners. It's so hit or miss. Good deal but you're way better off going to a hockey shop to get it sharpened
I ask them to use the automatic machine every time … I don’t let the staff do it manually. Lots of locations are getting the automatic machine now and they give a pretty good consistent sharpen IME.
May 29, 2007
278 posts
108 upvotes
WhiteBuffalo wrote: Dont forget, it's 6.99 for shipping, and there's no option to pick up in store if ordered online... Anyone have a free shipping code? Or know if this can be purchased instore?
There is pick up in store option at checkout. Top right of checkout page. Just did it. Came out $33.

Thx OP
Feb 11, 2016
33 posts
17 upvotes
Sorry for the stupid question

I never owned any skate before

Do I need to sharpen the new skate for the kids? I just bought two pair for my 4yr and 6yr kids, the cartoon kids skate from the Walmart.

How do I know if they need sharpened?

Thanks for the help
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2002
1140 posts
601 upvotes
GTA
Mr_Conan wrote: No they do not.

"Cut down the cost of skate sharpenings with the 10X Skate Sharpening Card. No expiry date, can be used for multiple different pairs of skates and can be redeemed at any Sport Chek location."
This is why I bought my National Sports sharpening card... I wonder if fellow CTC sports chain SportChek will honor it? It was never used...
Oct 11, 2018
891 posts
1093 upvotes
Arkham
theSPOOLER wrote: This is why I bought my National Sports sharpening card... I wonder if fellow CTC sports chain SportChek will honor it? It was never used...
That's what they said when National Sports closed down, but due to covid, I haven't had a chance to use the NS sharpening card for nearly 2y
Sep 22, 2006
95 posts
23 upvotes
GTA
Yes, the honour the National Sports skate sharpening card. Had my daughter’s skates sharpened at Sportchek last week
Deal Addict
May 17, 2004
1695 posts
102 upvotes
AndyBoy1121 wrote: Sorry for the stupid question

I never owned any skate before

Do I need to sharpen the new skate for the kids? I just bought two pair for my 4yr and 6yr kids, the cartoon kids skate from the Walmart.

How do I know if they need sharpened?

Thanks for the help
Yes, you’ll need to sharpen new skates. After that it depends on usage.
Feb 11, 2016
33 posts
17 upvotes
mochachicka wrote: Yes, you’ll need to sharpen new skates. After that it depends on usage.
Thanks a lot

Looks like this deal is pretty good to me

Btw, this is for 10 skates or 10 pair of skates?
Looks like 10 skates, not 10 pair according to its description

Thanks
Last edited by AndyBoy1121 on Oct 17th, 2021 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Apr 8, 2010
117 posts
78 upvotes
Toronto
AndyBoy1121 wrote:
Thanks a lot

Looks like this deal is pretty good to me

Btw, this is for 10 skates or 10 pair of skates?

Thanks
10 pairs