Expired Hot Deals

[Sport Chek] 25% off select GT Bikes (+10% coupon)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 21st, 2019 1:56 pm
[OP]
Apr 13, 2009
264 posts
138 upvotes
Kelowna

[Sport Chek] 25% off select GT Bikes (+10% coupon)

25% off most regular priced GT bikes at Sport Chek, plus can be combined with the 10% off for signing up to the email newsletter for a total 32.5% off.

Edit: original sale link wasn't working anymore, but some GT bikes are still 25% off. This deal is really the best for the high end models:
https://www.sportchek.ca/categories/sho ... 3&x4=brand

For the higher end bikes like the Sensor and Force models, this worked out cheaper than the VIP pricing, and actually worked out significantly cheaper than cost when combined with the 15% off gift cards I had stockpiled. Plus, you can order online if your store doesn't stock the bike you want (unlike the VIP pricing).

50x CT Money back is over...
If you have a Triangle rewards Mastercard you might have a current offer for 50x total CT Money on in store purchases at Sportchek July 18-21. If you can find one of these bikes in store, that makes it an even more amazing deal. I think 50x equates to 20% back instead of the usual 4%.

You can pick up the GT Force Comp for under $2479 after tax, plus $496 back in CT dollars.
https://www.sportchek.ca/categories/sho ... olor%5D=99
Last edited by amyandjason on Jul 22nd, 2019 2:43 pm, edited 4 times in total.
56 replies
Nov 24, 2014
38 posts
38 upvotes
Markham, ON
$4,200 for a bike, already discounted? Is this a typo? What is this made out of Platinum?
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2007
2268 posts
831 upvotes
London
kidnat wrote:
Jul 5th, 2019 4:11 pm
$4,200 for a bike, already discounted? Is this a typo? What is this made out of Platinum?
You must be new to the world of cycling. Welcome!
Oct 15, 2006
277 posts
85 upvotes
Markham
Bought the sensor carbon with newsletter sign up promo the other day. Forgot Ebates though so I missed out on 1% cashback. Could've saved more too if I signed up for their credit card but ah well. Came out to $3100 taxes in for a carbon bike. Can't beat that!
Jun 17, 2007
237 posts
169 upvotes
British Columbia
J-StarR wrote:
Jul 6th, 2019 1:02 am
Bought the sensor carbon with newsletter sign up promo the other day. Forgot Ebates though so I missed out on 1% cashback. Could've saved more too if I signed up for their credit card but ah well. Came out to $3100 taxes in for a carbon bike. Can't beat that!
You can EASILY beat $3100 for a carbon bike, if you pick all the parts yourself and build it. A high quality carbon frame + forks on AliExpress can be found for $500. Seen one in person and was super surprised with it.
Oct 15, 2006
277 posts
85 upvotes
Markham
Elanzer wrote:
Jul 6th, 2019 1:34 am
You can EASILY beat $3100 for a carbon bike, if you pick all the parts yourself and build it. A high quality carbon frame + forks on AliExpress can be found for $500. Seen one in person and was super surprised with it.
I'd love for you to back this claim up with links
Jun 17, 2007
237 posts
169 upvotes
British Columbia
J-StarR wrote:
Jul 6th, 2019 7:00 am
I'd love for you to back this claim up with links
Look up "T1100" on AliExpress and you'll find lots of great frames for the size you want
Oct 15, 2006
277 posts
85 upvotes
Markham
Good luck with warranty claims. Personally I wouldn't feel comfortable with hucking one of these on the trails but I guess the money you save could buy you some backup frames lol
Jan 29, 2017
205 posts
94 upvotes
is there any deals on gift cards for sport chek right now? or starting before this sale ends?
Jul 5, 2019
3 posts
20 upvotes
lets clarify something here guys... GT is one of the worlds best bicycles and unfortunately people immediately will place it in the same category as Walmart house brands like Schwinn, Mongoose, Supercycle because its sold by SportChek (Schwinn and Mongoose WERE good bikes before they were bought by Dorel and made a department store class bicycle - though Dorel also owns Cannondale <shrug>)

GT has some of the top riders in the world, and they have a beautiful lineup from cheap to Expensive

Sportchek has expanded their supply chain over the years drastically... nobody will sasy "Bauer" or "RBK" is a cheap hockey brand, or "Solomon" or "Rossignol" are shit ski brands just because Sportchek carries it... in fact Sportchek has multi-level concept stores that have very high end inventory.

I don't work for them, nor are affiliated but I hate when people categorize things just because they're sold at department stores.

Sportchek won't carry high end bikes in inventory anymore. The highest end will be Aggressor Elite and Verb elite... both are half decent "trail" quality bikes, which are almost %30 - %40 cheaper than a competitor's bike at a boutique store, but even their list prices online are very aggressive.

My friend just ordered a Pantera 27.5+ hardcore hardtail bike which comes with a very decent RockShox fork, SLX 1x in a proper boost 27.5+... slap on a dropper and you're off to the races for a fraction of a Trek Roscoe, Kona Honzo, Giant Fathom (not even), Santa Cruz Chameleon, I could go on...

The Sensor is one of the best all mountain/enduro bikes out there, comparable to a Santa Cruz Bronson, Scott Genius, Trek Remedy, etc... and Sportchek's prices are stellar.

I do feel bad for the store fronts who carried GT because its hard to compete...

Sporting Life also carries Cannondale and at a price point nobody in town can compete with... even though Sporting life is overpriced for everything else, those bikes are also well priced.

another tip... Sportchek had some higher end hardtail and road bikes by Orbea. They don't carry them anymore, and they are an awesome awesome bike. The Loki I saw blown out for 1K for a SLX 1X... if it was a Large, I would have bought it.

Also, MEC doesn't carry shit neither. Ghost bikes are German, just like Cube and the value for dollar is pretty awesome, considering their FS bikes are a replica of the Giant Maestro rear sus link. MEC also carries Intense, which is STILL one of the choice of Downhill races in the World Cup and Redbull tour. (As is GT)

Its funny cause in the states... I have friends who dismiss Scott because its sold by REI.

Anyways, that Verb 2019 Elite... is stellar value for dollar for someone getting into XC/Trail riding and an Kijiji/pinkbike upgrade can get you a nice front Fork in the future.
[OP]
Apr 13, 2009
264 posts
138 upvotes
Kelowna
Elanzer wrote:
Jul 6th, 2019 1:34 am
The T1100 on AliExpress that you mention is a road bike frame, whereas the carbon GT Sensor mentioned above is a modern trail bike with full suspension, dropper post, 12 speed drivetrain, etc. A decent fork or shock alone will run you more than $500.

Both the GT Sensor and the GT Force are incredible deals from Sportchek right now. I've been looking for something used for months, and in the $2000 dollar range I got more for my money buying new from Sportchek.
Jan 29, 2017
205 posts
94 upvotes
PaulC86298 wrote:
Jul 6th, 2019 3:57 pm
lets clarify something here guys... GT is one of the worlds best bicycles and unfortunately people immediately will place it in the same category as Walmart house brands like Schwinn, Mongoose, Supercycle because its sold by SportChek (Schwinn and Mongoose WERE good bikes before they were bought by Dorel and made a department store class bicycle - though Dorel also owns Cannondale <shrug>)

GT has some of the top riders in the world, and they have a beautiful lineup from cheap to Expensive

Sportchek has expanded their supply chain over the years drastically... nobody will sasy "Bauer" or "RBK" is a cheap hockey brand, or "Solomon" or "Rossignol" are shit ski brands just because Sportchek carries it... in fact Sportchek has multi-level concept stores that have very high end inventory.

I don't work for them, nor are affiliated but I hate when people categorize things just because they're sold at department stores.

Sportchek won't carry high end bikes in inventory anymore. The highest end will be Aggressor Elite and Verb elite... both are half decent "trail" quality bikes, which are almost %30 - %40 cheaper than a competitor's bike at a boutique store, but even their list prices online are very aggressive.

My friend just ordered a Pantera 27.5+ hardcore hardtail bike which comes with a very decent RockShox fork, SLX 1x in a proper boost 27.5+... slap on a dropper and you're off to the races for a fraction of a Trek Roscoe, Kona Honzo, Giant Fathom (not even), Santa Cruz Chameleon, I could go on...

The Sensor is one of the best all mountain/enduro bikes out there, comparable to a Santa Cruz Bronson, Scott Genius, Trek Remedy, etc... and Sportchek's prices are stellar.

I do feel bad for the store fronts who carried GT because its hard to compete...

Sporting Life also carries Cannondale and at a price point nobody in town can compete with... even though Sporting life is overpriced for everything else, those bikes are also well priced.

another tip... Sportchek had some higher end hardtail and road bikes by Orbea. They don't carry them anymore, and they are an awesome awesome bike. The Loki I saw blown out for 1K for a SLX 1X... if it was a Large, I would have bought it.

Also, MEC doesn't carry shit neither. Ghost bikes are German, just like Cube and the value for dollar is pretty awesome, considering their FS bikes are a replica of the Giant Maestro rear sus link. MEC also carries Intense, which is STILL one of the choice of Downhill races in the World Cup and Redbull tour. (As is GT)

Its funny cause in the states... I have friends who dismiss Scott because its sold by REI.

Anyways, that Verb 2019 Elite... is stellar value for dollar for someone getting into XC/Trail riding and an Kijiji/pinkbike upgrade can get you a nice front Fork in the future.
would the avalanche elite 29er or pantera be a better deal?
avalanche is right at the top of my price range. basically beginner mountain biking, just want to keep up with my preteens.
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2013
1634 posts
1124 upvotes
Saudi Arabia
J-StarR wrote:
Jul 6th, 2019 7:18 am
Good luck with warranty claims. Personally I wouldn't feel comfortable with hucking one of these on the trails but I guess the money you save could buy you some backup frames lol
GT is a reputable and respected brand. I don't know what you're implying. They have been in the mountain biking scene for ages.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)