Expired Hot Deals

[Sport Chek] 30x Total CT Money when paying with Triangle MC (July 17 to July 18)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 18th, 2020 3:27 pm
[OP]
Jul 7, 2016
331 posts
658 upvotes

[Sport Chek] 30x Total CT Money when paying with Triangle MC (July 17 to July 18)

Received the offer below in my email. Appears to state it's for all Triangle cardholders, but if that's not the case I can update to YMMV.

I am having trouble finding the list of exclusions but I can update the thread summary if someone finds it. There is a list of "Eligible Merchandise" in the Triangle Program rules, but it's specific for CT (here) but the offer mentions certain brands may be excluded.

30x CT Money = 12%
Base earn rate with Triangle MC: 4%
Bonus earn: 8%

Financing available on purchases of $150+ (link)

†The Triangle Rewards Program is owned and operated by Canadian Tire Corporation, Limited. Triangle™ Mastercard®, Triangle™ World Mastercard® and Triangle™ World Elite Mastercard® are issued by Canadian Tire Bank. Rewards are in the form of electronic Canadian Tire Money® (CT Money®). To collect bonus CT Money you must present a Triangle Rewards card/key fob, or use any approved Cardless method, at time of purchase or pay with a Triangle credit card. You cannot collect paper Canadian Tire Money on bonus offers. Any bonus multiplier is based on the base rate of collecting CT Money (0.4%), and will be added to whatever the Member would otherwise collect, without the bonus. Example: On a $100 (pre-tax) purchase with a 20X bonus multiplier a Member would earn a bonus $8 in CT Money (20 X .4% X $100). The 30X for Triangle Mastercard, World Mastercard and World Elite Mastercard customers consists of the 10X everyday plus the 20X bonus. Not all items sold are eligible to earn CT Money or to be redeemed for. Conditions apply. Visit triangle.com for full program rules and Partner location information. The offered rate is exclusive of any bonus or promotional offers or redemption transactions. CT Money is collected on the pre-tax amount of the purchase. Bonus CT Money collected from online orders will be applied to the Member’s Triangle Rewards Account within five weeks of the purchase date. No rainchecks.
Last edited by Presents on Jul 18th, 2020 2:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
Thread Summary
Data points:
thandong19 wrote: Last time, same type of promo. I was able to collect the CT money for Apple airpord. It posted within 3 days.
So you can buy and wait for few days, if it does not apply you can return.
20 replies
Aug 24, 2019
142 posts
106 upvotes
Would anyone know if I can buy Apple watches or Airpods using this promo? I don’t see anywhere in T&Cs where it’s excluding apple products.
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2012
2039 posts
386 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
HawaiianGate wrote: Would anyone know if I can buy Apple watches or Airpods using this promo? I don’t see anywhere in T&Cs where it’s excluding apple products.
Usually no, but once every few months they have a 50x points back on Apple Watches. Just keep an eye out for that.
Apr 24, 2018
18 posts
6 upvotes
Last time, same type of promo. I was able to collect the CT money for Apple airpord. It posted within 3 days.
[OP]
Jul 7, 2016
331 posts
658 upvotes
thandong19 wrote: Last time, same type of promo. I was able to collect the CT money for Apple airpord. It posted within 3 days.
This is a common question so I'll add your data point to the thread summary.

Thank you.
May 12, 2016
147 posts
196 upvotes
GTA
Why!? Why not just say 12%?
These 30x, 20x always confuse me.
Deal Addict
May 24, 2011
1535 posts
408 upvotes
Canada
HawaiianGate wrote: Would anyone know if I can buy Apple watches or Airpods using this promo? I don’t see anywhere in T&Cs where it’s excluding apple products.
following
==
Telus iPhone 11 Pro
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2006
1873 posts
523 upvotes
Toronto
These days, stock of Apple watches are so low at Sportchek.ca that you may want to make sure the model you want is available.
Apr 17, 2015
421 posts
272 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Is it automatically added or does it have to show up in the triangle app to be added? I got the email, but im the app I only see 60x points to sandals at sport chek for the same days.
Apr 17, 2015
421 posts
272 upvotes
Toronto, ON
FYI, something I've been watching at $90 even yesterday, has gone up to full price at $120 today.
May 2, 2019
2 posts
Anyone know if fitbit is eligible? I bought an Inspire HR, $40 off right now. The customer service team for Sport Chek SAID it was but they also seemed incredibly clueless
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2004
1106 posts
818 upvotes
Toronto
give us 50X instead.
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2002
4814 posts
3173 upvotes
Vancouver
k9fire wrote: Is it automatically added or does it have to show up in the triangle app to be added? I got the email, but im the app I only see 60x points to sandals at sport chek for the same days.
This one is automatic.. available for everyone.

I only have 50x for sandals in my app. :(

Ron.
Apr 17, 2015
421 posts
272 upvotes
Toronto, ON
As noted in OP's post..

"Bonus CT Money collected from online orders will be applied to the Member’s Triangle Rewards Account within 5 weeks of the purchase date."

I was looking at my app and wondered why I didn't get the bonus right away.
Jul 15, 2009
572 posts
149 upvotes
gardarik wrote: Why!? Why not just say 12%?
These 30x, 20x always confuse me.
Because marketing. Likely as simple as 30x appearing much much larger and a better deal than saying 12%.