[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2007
2387 posts
1600 upvotes
Prince George

[Sport Chek] 50x CT Money on Apple Watch Series 3 Aug 23-29

https://www.sportchek.ca/campaigns/50x- ... id=wk34-T5

Sport Chek is running a promo this week for 50x Canadian Tire money on “select” Apple Watch Series 3 models. From the web site it appears to be the non cellular ones. This should work out to 20% back in CT money. If you pay with discounted gift cards (still on for 15% off at CT until end of Aug 23 I believe), it gets better.

For example the 42 mm is $470+tax which should get you $94 back in CT money if my math is right. If you pay with gift cards you’re only paying $400+tax out of pocket, but still getting the $94 back. Seems pretty warm if you’re in the market.

Of course there will always be a newer better model coming out in future. But this seems like a pretty decent discount for a current generation Apple product.
58 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2002
2192 posts
475 upvotes
Burlington
50X¹ Bonus Canadian Tire Money® with a Triangle Rewards card or a Triangle™ credit card
Not valid on gift cards or shipping.

What’s that mean?
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2002
2192 posts
475 upvotes
Burlington
Sounds like no ct money on gift card?
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2013
2311 posts
935 upvotes
Quebec
Fire wrote: 50X¹ Bonus Canadian Tire Money® with a Triangle Rewards card or a Triangle™ credit card
Not valid on gift cards or shipping.

What’s that mean?

It means you can'T get 50x money if you buy Gift cards
Nov 29, 2013
269 posts
276 upvotes
TORONTO
ratatapa wrote: It means you can'T get 50x money if you buy Gift cards
I think you may be mistaken. Why would they put an exclusion on the purchase of GC's when the promo is for the watch. I think it means you don't get the points if you purchase the watch using gift cards.
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2015
1984 posts
1466 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Sportchek gc deal sounds a better deal, instant 15% saving makes thing easier
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2015
1984 posts
1466 upvotes
Montreal, QC
cymrules wrote: I think you may be mistaken. Why would they put an exclusion on the purchase of GC's when the promo is for the watch. I think it means you don't get the points if you purchase the watch using gift cards.
Agree
CT gc had 10% off before, that’s 10% + 20% is stackable
Dec 17, 2011
19 posts
11 upvotes
BURFORD
No, it means you don't get the points buying gift cards. You still get the points purchasing a product with gift cards. It's the same as when Canaidan Tire has their offers on the app and the point days. No $30 for speeding $150 if you buy gift cards, so on and so forth.
Oct 5, 2008
511 posts
472 upvotes
GTA
pepper2727 wrote: No, it means you don't get the points buying gift cards. You still get the points purchasing a product with gift cards. It's the same as when Canaidan Tire has their offers on the app and the point days. No $30 for speeding $150 if you buy gift cards, so on and so forth.
I don't think that's correct. This deal is only for certain styles of Apple watch. They don't need to specify that you won't earn points by purchasing gift cards, because you won't earn points by purchasing anything other than those specific models of Apple watch.

Up until a few days ago, they were giving out gift cards for a certain level of purchases (e.g. $50 if you spend $200 or more on hockey equipment). But these gift cards can only be used from Aug 23 - Sept 12. So I'm not surprised that they are excluding deals from these gift cards.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 24, 2016
6798 posts
6406 upvotes
The Prairies
cheaper_than_cheap wrote: https://www.sportchek.ca/campaigns/50x- ... id=wk34-T5

Sport Chek is running a promo this week for 50x Canadian Tire money on “select” Apple Watch Series 3 models. From the web site it appears to be the non cellular ones. This should work out to 20% back in CT money. If you pay with discounted gift cards (still on for 15% off at CT until end of Aug 23 I believe), it gets better.

For example the 42 mm is $470+tax which should get you $94 back in CT money if my math is right. If you pay with gift cards you’re only paying $400+tax out of pocket, but still getting the $94 back. Seems pretty warm if you’re in the market.

Of course there will always be a newer better model coming out in future. But this seems like a pretty decent discount for a current generation Apple product.
Bonus CT Money is in addition to the base earn rate you’re already earning.
So a Triangle credit card holder making the purchase on his/her Triangle credit card, would receive a total of 24% return on that $470 watch.
Triangle rewards card (red card) holders would receive 20.4% return.
I guess I’m buying an Apple Watch this weekend!
Deal Fanatic
Aug 24, 2016
6798 posts
6406 upvotes
The Prairies
Can a knowledgeable person please explain to me the difference in a regular Apple Watch and the Nike+?
I’m going to venture to guess the Nike+ model is just preloaded with more crapware than the regular watch. Is that right?
Banned
Oct 5, 2015
951 posts
665 upvotes
Outremont, QC
Any chance sport expert (QC) has the same offer?