• Last Updated:
  • Apr 21st, 2019 8:39 pm
May 18, 2010
472 posts
74 upvotes
Ottawa
qdn745 wrote:
Mar 18th, 2019 9:45 pm
You called and they added $20 in addition to the x20 amount of ~$44? Can you elaborate on how the call went?

Edit: I'm asking because I'm one of those that ordered online on Friday/Saturday but got charged today and only got x50, not x20 + x50 stacked. I'm feeling anxious about waiting the 5 weeks to see if I would get the x20.
I was told The same 5 week line. I purchased I. mar 16, still haven’t received the item. Has anyone tricked theirs?
Aug 1, 2006
341 posts
33 upvotes
rgilld wrote:
Mar 21st, 2019 8:47 pm
Need some help. Placed order on March 20th. Payment went through on March 21st and ready for pick-up on March 21st (have not picked it up yet). My online Sportchek only shows the standard point amount of $1.87 (no 50x). I understand that it is because my payment date was March 21st. However, when I called Triangle to get the point adjusted they stated it would be 5 weeks. I thought the 5 week wait was only for the 20x bonus and not the 50x.
The 5 weeks is for the 20x, the 50x should be applied right away. It's likely the timing that your order was charged on the 21st and the promo ended on the 20th. It's a really dumb system especially if they have stock at the time you place your order.

You could try giving them a call again, but if they don't award you the points now, don't expect it in 5 weeks. By that time the return period will end and you'll be stuck with the item and no points.
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2006
1913 posts
351 upvotes
Waterloo
shibbyguy wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2019 3:16 am
The 5 weeks is for the 20x, the 50x should be applied right away. It's likely the timing that your order was charged on the 21st and the promo ended on the 20th. It's a really dumb system especially if they have stock at the time you place your order.

You could try giving them a call again, but if they don't award you the points now, don't expect it in 5 weeks. By that time the return period will end and you'll be stuck with the item and no points.
I thought the return period was 60 days at sport chek. Is it a different policy for the Apple Watch?
Congratulations!
Today is YOUR day.
You're off to great places!
You're off and away!
Dec 30, 2012
300 posts
102 upvotes
Mississauga
cadave wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2019 7:42 am
I thought the return period was 60 days at sport chek. Is it a different policy for the Apple Watch?
They do not take back returns for apple watch - is what i was told (if opened)
Sep 7, 2017
133 posts
62 upvotes
I was told to call back in 5 weeks and agent read the fine print of online vs. in store for the 20x promotion. Irritating and a waste of time.
Aug 3, 2010
150 posts
148 upvotes
North York
Chancy21 wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2019 12:26 am
I was told The same 5 week line. I purchased I. mar 16, still haven’t received the item. Has anyone tricked theirs?
Got mine delivered by UPS today. Ordered on Mar 16 at night. Didn't get 20x yet, just 50x thus far.
May 28, 2012
291 posts
144 upvotes
Canada
Anyone receive their 20x points yet for this? Its been 4 weeks since. I know they said wait 5 weeks, but im sure they say just wait that long hoping that people will forget and they have no intention of fulfilling it.
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2008
1286 posts
311 upvotes
dlhntr wrote:
Apr 14th, 2019 8:30 am
Anyone receive their 20x points yet for this? Its been 4 weeks since. I know they said wait 5 weeks, but im sure they say just wait that long hoping that people will forget and they have no intention of fulfilling it.
You need to call them to get the bonus points. Most of the people who bought it online did not get the bonus points. Around Christmas when they had a similar promotion, I waited more than 5 weeks but didn't get it. When I called them, they were telling me I wasn't supposed to get the bonus points etc but since I had a note on my account (I called before 5 weeks and asked them to put a note), they had to give me the points. They gave me the bonus points as goodwill that means their system never had any intention to award the bonus points automatically.
Koodo $35/5GB 😃
Public Mobile $38/5GB 😎
Deal Addict
Jun 5, 2004
1807 posts
116 upvotes
Did you call Triangle rewards # to get it adjusted? I called the number and had to press so many numbers on the menu to get to a live person. The attendant menu basically just give you generic information about how many points you have. I finally got an agent and told her my issue then she hung up on me after asking for my account #. Will try again tomorrow.

May 28, 2012
291 posts
144 upvotes
Canada
excel wrote:
Apr 14th, 2019 6:17 pm
Did you call Triangle rewards # to get it adjusted? I called the number and had to press so many numbers on the menu to get to a live person. The attendant menu basically just give you generic information about how many points you have. I finally got an agent and told her my issue then she hung up on me after asking for my account #. Will try again tomorrow.
Don't bother phoning back. I called in earlier today and they gave me the same "You have to wait 5 weeks, its only been 4. Your points will show up automatically after 5 weeks." Super frustrating system. I'll be shocked if I see the points go into my account as they say without me phoning in again.
May 7, 2016
356 posts
274 upvotes
The call centre is useless. Never seen such a poor customer service.
Dec 20, 2012
120 posts
35 upvotes
Surrey
I hope this deal comes back. I need the watch for the safety features.