Expired Hot Deals

Sport Chek

Adidas Men's Ultra Boost 21 Running Shoes (Crew Blue only) - $124.97 (additional discounts may apply)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 25th, 2021 1:41 pm
Tags:
None
Jun 14, 2020
106 posts
82 upvotes
Email sign up $15 off $50 if anyone plans to get this
Apr 11, 2019
292 posts
306 upvotes
looks like weird old school carpet
Zoomer Wireless - $36/month|800 Minutes|5GB Data|Unlimited Texts
Deal Fanatic
Jan 4, 2011
5555 posts
3221 upvotes
West Vancouver
damn that is ugly
Jul 7, 2008
919 posts
721 upvotes
Damn, I really regret buying this since everyone thinks its ugly. I thought I can pull it off but I don't think so.
Aug 15, 2020
157 posts
244 upvotes
Everyone thinks its ugly, but still some sizes have been sold out.
Deal Guru
May 9, 2006
12323 posts
3001 upvotes
AceMagnet wrote: Damn, I really regret buying this since everyone thinks its ugly. I thought I can pull it off but I don't think so.
Why? Who cares what people think? Also do you think people are going to mock you in public for wearing those?
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2015
2371 posts
1348 upvotes
Antarctica
AceMagnet wrote: Damn, I really regret buying this since everyone thinks its ugly. I thought I can pull it off but I don't think so.
Stop giving a damn about everyone.
Apr 11, 2019
292 posts
306 upvotes
joeyjoejoe wrote:
Why? Who cares what people think? Also do you think people are going to mock you in public for wearing those?
Crichtonfan wrote: Stop giving a damn about everyone.
as much as it is important to make sure you don't base your happiness on purely what people think. i think it's very important to care what other people think especially when meeting people for the first time. first impressions count and if you look goofy, people are going to subconsciously think lesser of you. eg. its much harder to make friends or get a job or date if you look homeless.

that aside, even if these look bad, i think owning a pair of very comfy beater shoes is great for when you're not going to be meeting anyone for mundane tasks like walking your dog or doing groceries etc.
Dec 12, 2013
161 posts
72 upvotes
Toronto
kiukiumoar wrote: as much as it is important to make sure you don't base your happiness on purely what people think. i think it's very important to care what other people think especially when meeting people for the first time. first impressions count and if you look goofy, people are going to subconsciously think lesser of you. eg. its much harder to make friends or get a job or date if you look homeless.

that aside, even if these look bad, i think owning a pair of very comfy beater shoes is great for when you're not going to be meeting anyone for mundane tasks like walking your dog or doing groceries etc.
These shoes may be ugly, but I don't think they would make someone look homeless.
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2015
2371 posts
1348 upvotes
Antarctica
kiukiumoar wrote: as much as it is important to make sure you don't base your happiness on purely what people think. i think it's very important to care what other people think especially when meeting people for the first time. first impressions count and if you look goofy, people are going to subconsciously think lesser of you. eg. its much harder to make friends or get a job or date if you look homeless.

I am not meeting someone for a job interview or a business meeting in these shoes. So that leaves casual / non-professional encounters. If someone thinks I look like a homeless person because of my choice of shoes, then I don’t want to meet them. People are shallow enough already.
[OP]
May 29, 2006
476 posts
152 upvotes
I was literally going to wear these to the gym so I could care less how they match with my workout shorts or top. I have the Tokyo boosts from last year which I got for $99 and they were the most comfy walking around shoes I've ever owned. Hoping these will hold up for elliptical/stationary bike and weights.
Apr 11, 2019
292 posts
306 upvotes
fcukstrated wrote:
These shoes may be ugly, but I don't think they would make someone look homeless.
Crichtonfan wrote: I am not meeting someone for a job interview or a business meeting in these shoes. So that leaves casual / non-professional encounters. If someone thinks I look like a homeless person because of my choice of shoes, then I don’t want to meet them. People are shallow enough already.
that was just an example. of course you don't look homeless with ultraboosts and hopefully no ones going to interviews or first dates in these. i'm just saying i think we can't just say "who cares what anyone else thinks" because it is important to care some amount about how you present yourself. like i said, for more mundane tasks, why not?
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2015
1308 posts
932 upvotes
Nanaimo
UB are great, but this colour scheme looks like adidas just had some leftover random fabric and threw It together.
Jul 7, 2008
919 posts
721 upvotes
joeyjoejoe wrote: Why? Who cares what people think? Also do you think people are going to mock you in public for wearing those?
Not all actually, I just need it to go for my brisk walks everyday so not worried what people think.
But I buy a main pair shoes maybe every 2 years or so, so I wouldn't mind for it look decent.
Jun 29, 2019
58 posts
111 upvotes
So I bought some Ultraboosts for the first time a month ago due to RFD members going crazy about them. They're... not AS comfortable as people make them out to be. I've had shoes that were as comfortable, if not more, than the Ultraboosts. In fact, I recently bought some Nikes which were sooooo much better. Plus, Ultraboosts are not good for people with wider feet.

Don't buy into the RFD hype, people. That's all I'm saying.
Jan 16, 2007
165 posts
36 upvotes
Markham

Is it just me that think this isn't as bad as some made it be?
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2011
3246 posts
2123 upvotes
EDMONTON
is deal dead? I have $30 gift card that i would like to use.
teksavvy sucks