Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Sport Chek

adidas World Cup 2018 Official Match Soccer Ball -- $69.88 - 10% with newsletter sub - 2.5% GBR

  • Last Updated:
  • Aug 23rd, 2020 1:12 am
Deal Guru
User avatar
Dec 25, 2003
10746 posts
2993 upvotes
Vancouver
djpr wrote: Replica balls are crap. This ball is worth $150 at minimum.
Yeah that's what I'm asking, it is a replica? Because the description says "this football is the official match ball of the 2018 FIFA World Cup™"
Member
Apr 27, 2015
318 posts
199 upvotes
Toronto, ON
The replica is $52 but the one for $69.99 is the official ball.

I bought the Jabulani on a sale like this a few years back for ~ $100 from Sport Chek.
Great deal, great ball.... too bad we can't play with it lol
Member
User avatar
May 12, 2019
440 posts
554 upvotes
jcoltage wrote: My mom put my Teamgeist, Brazuca and Jabulani on Kijiji and some jackass bought them within 30 mins for $30.

Still think about my Teamgeist and moved all my childhood stuff to my place.

Marie Kondo gave me PTSD.
That's just plain F'ed up man. I wouldn't wish that to happen upon my worst enemy.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Mar 4, 2019
551 posts
462 upvotes
Montreal
Fuc

We do not ship to Quebec at this time. Please select another province.
@_pibe
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2010
1972 posts
668 upvotes
Ottawa
jcoltage wrote: My mom put my Teamgeist, Brazuca and Jabulani on Kijiji and some jackass bought them within 30 mins for $30.

Still think about my Teamgeist and moved all my childhood stuff to my place.

Marie Kondo gave me PTSD.
How much are they worth?
Newbie
Dec 22, 2019
69 posts
102 upvotes
Why can't you play with it? I see people start playing now at a park nearby. I think it's OK to play half field now. ~ 6-7 per side should be ok
btechballer wrote: The replica is $52 but the one for $69.99 is the official ball.

I bought the Jabulani on a sale like this a few years back for ~ $100 from Sport Chek.
Great deal, great ball.... too bad we can't play with it lol
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jan 22, 2008
6013 posts
5882 upvotes
BC
vancitygunny2444 wrote: Why can't you play with it? I see people start playing now at a park nearby. I think it's OK to play half field now. ~ 6-7 per side should be ok
Pretty sure they are referring to not being able to play in an organized soccer league.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 13, 2008
3740 posts
5141 upvotes
Oakville
mc_molineux wrote: Interesting. Do you have a link?
I would rather not post a link here because they are eBay items. I just did a search and see several available.

They are listed as between $49-$130USD each ball plus $25USD shipping, ship from Pakistan, and have NFC tags and certificate of authenticity.

You have to be very careful with which seller you go with so as to not get scammed, so do your research before buying from them on how to tell the difference.

I've gotten 3 balls so far and one was a fake because the artwork discontinued where the other two continued and the weight was off by 1/2 gram. The rest of my balls I got from Fifa or Adidas website, this will be first time buying from sport chek.

The handsritched balls also do not conform to FIFA requirements , so they are not official balls at all as they are not heat seam sealed, do not meet the weight requirement. I would not recommend them at for playing, just for displaying or for showing your kids the evolution of the ball.

Good luck
-ZdpZ... ;)
Sr. Member
Sep 13, 2009
571 posts
25 upvotes
Thanks for posting OP. Not that I need a new ball, but this price was pretty good to pass up. I'll be able to use this when soccer starts again.

[removed]
Last edited by Mars2012 on Jul 6th, 2020 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: not allowed
Member
User avatar
Oct 1, 2007
325 posts
80 upvotes
1226 wrote: Yeah that's what I'm asking, it is a replica? Because the description says "this football is the official match ball of the 2018 FIFA World Cup™"
Official match ball (the same one they actually played with in the world cup). If youre semi-decent at soccer, you know the difference between a match ball and a replica is quite significant. Its similar to playing tennis with the US open ball vs a dollar store tennis ball (thats a bit of an exagerration)
Sr. Member
Oct 27, 2009
675 posts
448 upvotes
Hamilton
Any free shipping codes?
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jul 7, 2003
7362 posts
2364 upvotes
T dot 6
jcoltage wrote: My mom put my Teamgeist, Brazuca and Jabulani on Kijiji and some jackass bought them within 30 mins for $30.
U blaming the buyer? Blame your mom and yourself.
stubhub and clearly.ca suck, like really suck
Deal Guru
User avatar
Dec 25, 2003
10746 posts
2993 upvotes
Vancouver
Suhayb217 wrote: Official match ball (the same one they actually played with in the world cup). If youre semi-decent at soccer, you know the difference between a match ball and a replica is quite significant. Its similar to playing tennis with the US open ball vs a dollar store tennis ball (thats a bit of an exagerration)
Yes I know the difference, but the description on the page for the $52 ball says "this football is the official match ball of the 2018 FIFA World Cup".

So it's either the same ball or a very misleading description.
Sr. Member
Dec 13, 2004
671 posts
191 upvotes
izzyzz wrote: Good deal on match quality soccer ball. Official ball of the World Cup 2018 in Russia. [...]

Subscribe the Sport Check newsletter for extra 10% off. GBR currently has 2.5% rebate for Sport Chek.
Anyone else having trouble with the 10% off code in the newsletter? I don't see the promo code and in its place is "{% COUPON MY_COUPON | CATEGORY: 'INSTOREWELCOME2020' %} {{MY_COUPON.COUPON_CODE}}".
Newbie
Dec 10, 2017
85 posts
174 upvotes
1226 wrote: Yes I know the difference, but the description on the page for the $52 ball says "this football is the official match ball of the 2018 FIFA World Cup".

So it's either the same ball or a very misleading description.
Not the same ball. Misleading description.

The ball you linked:
1. In the photo, on the right side of the ball, it says "competition match ball replica"
2. Zoom in on the ball, the way the patches of the soccer ball are connected, each patch seems very obvious like its own separate entity and that each piece was just "glued" together. Whereas the official one seems more like a single piece (at least from the middle top view)
3. Zoom in on the ball, little to no texture on it, whereas official seems to have tiny dimples for control and spin.
4. From what I recall, the competition soccer ball line from Sportchek is their fancy way of saying "this is the highest quality replica you can get". If it doesn't say official match ball, it ain't official.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 15, 2009
6684 posts
5359 upvotes
M-Arkham
I want one, but I know i'll baby it too much to actually kick it around which kinda defeat the purpose of the ball
1x Virgin $45 for 50GB w/ unlimited can wide talk n unlimited txt
1x Fido $45 for 50GB w/ unlimited can wide talk n unlimited txt
1x koodo $45 for 50GB w/ unlimited can wide talk n unlimited txt
Deal Fanatic
Dec 17, 2006
5212 posts
111 upvotes
Midland
Jaytee wrote: U blaming the buyer? Blame your mom and yourself.
At least my mother taught me basic grammar.

Top