Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Sport Chek

adidas World Cup 2018 Official Match Soccer Ball -- $69.88 - 10% with newsletter sub - 2.5% GBR

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 23rd, 2020 1:12 am
May 15, 2012
818 posts
505 upvotes
NORTH YORK
d_chow wrote: Anyone else having trouble with the 10% off code in the newsletter? I don't see the promo code and in its place is "{% COUPON MY_COUPON | CATEGORY: 'INSTOREWELCOME2020' %} {{MY_COUPON.COUPON_CODE}}".
Same problem...
Deal Fanatic
Dec 30, 2006
6043 posts
1307 upvotes
Brewmeanie wrote: I want one, but I know i'll baby it too much to actually kick it around which kinda defeat the purpose of the ball
This lol.
flash67 wrote: Ugh.... Shouldn't have unboxed mine and played with it
Many years ago for the 2006 World Cup right before the final I ordered a replica of the +Teamgeist Berlin (the gold coloured version of the ball that they used for the final match). I lucked out and they accidentally sent me the actual official version of the +Teamgeist Berlin (not a replica but an actual official ball). Teenage me was too excited and played with it for one day but decided to baby the ball instead lol. That one day of playing it left a few grass marks but otherwise it's still sitting around somewhere and out of air.
Deal Expert
Mar 14, 2009
15296 posts
6316 upvotes
Do you guys have inflation tips for this type of ball? A PSI recommendation? I’m planning to just use a bike pump or an electric pump and do it by the feel of the ball.
I am a Zoomer customer.
Jan 17, 2015
333 posts
375 upvotes
Pierrefonds, QC
I remember the first time i saw/felt in my hands the difference between a replica and an official ball. I couldn't believe how different they were.
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2002
1374 posts
129 upvotes
Markham
Brewmeanie wrote: I want one, but I know i'll baby it too much to actually kick it around which kinda defeat the purpose of the ball
If you wanna keep it as memorable item, it's better to have the ball for the knockout round.

adidas World Cup Knockout Official Match Soccer Ball

I've got the OP's ball couple of months ago with the same price. It's the real official one and you can never compare it with the replica.
torontodragon
All opinions expressed by me are mine and may not agree with my employer or any person, company, or thing, living or dead, on or near this or any other planet, moon, asteroid, or other spatial object, natural or manufactured
Deal Guru
Dec 25, 2003
10742 posts
2988 upvotes
Vancouver
Snoopydoo wrote: Not the same ball. Misleading description.

The ball you linked:
1. In the photo, on the right side of the ball, it says "competition match ball replica"
2. Zoom in on the ball, the way the patches of the soccer ball are connected, each patch seems very obvious like its own separate entity and that each piece was just "glued" together. Whereas the official one seems more like a single piece (at least from the middle top view)
3. Zoom in on the ball, little to no texture on it, whereas official seems to have tiny dimples for control and spin.
4. From what I recall, the competition soccer ball line from Sportchek is their fancy way of saying "this is the highest quality replica you can get". If it doesn't say official match ball, it ain't official.
Oh yeah I see the replica sign now, once you pointed it out, thanks.
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2005
4930 posts
140 upvotes
Toronto
$8 shipping hurts. Total with 10% off, shipping and tax is $80
Heatware PEPSI IPOD MINI WINNER (JUNE 2005)
Nov 22, 2017
89 posts
17 upvotes
Surrey
maebach wrote: $8 shipping hurts. Total with 10% off, shipping and tax is $80
Use "SCSHIP"
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2005
4930 posts
140 upvotes
Toronto
Randyb13 wrote: Use "SCSHIP"
Cant be used with the 10% off code. SCSHIP actually saves a little money. Total is $79 using SCSHIP
Deal Expert
Mar 14, 2009
15296 posts
6316 upvotes
For those of you trying to sign up for promo emails to get the 10% coupon, it glitched on my last night when I did it. I got the email but the promo code was garbled and unusable.
I am a Zoomer customer.
Sep 5, 2011
150 posts
122 upvotes
Canada
It appears to be sold out now. Crying Face
Oct 23, 2016
69 posts
60 upvotes
Got 3 for 213$ all in. 1 for me 2 as gifts
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2008
3739 posts
5137 upvotes
Oakville
tehhDR wrote: I remember the first time i saw/felt in my hands the difference between a replica and an official ball. I couldn't believe how different they were.
That's what she said.
-ZdpZ... ;)
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2005
4930 posts
140 upvotes
Toronto
OOS. deal is dead unfortunately. thanks OP
Sep 22, 2018
198 posts
440 upvotes
tehhDR wrote: I remember the first time i saw/felt in my hands the difference between a replica and an official ball. I couldn't believe how different they were.
Damn too much information bruh Face With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of Joy
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2008
3739 posts
5137 upvotes
Oakville
gkgkgk wrote: Got 3 for 213$ all in. 1 for me 2 as gifts
Will you arrange to gift them to friends through Kijiji? Face With Stuck-out Tongue
-ZdpZ... ;)
Oct 23, 2016
69 posts
60 upvotes
Heck no lol my brother is graduating this year he’ll love it ! My friend is gna pay me 70$ for his but still a gift I secured one for him lol
zdpz wrote: Will you arrange to gift them to friends through Kijiji? Face With Stuck-out Tongue
Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2011
3079 posts
2653 upvotes
Toronto
Wow people actually buy this junk! LOL!
Up votes, down votes, they're all votes for me! I thank you!