• Last Updated:
  • Apr 18th, 2020 10:49 am
[OP]
May 11, 2014
87 posts
88 upvotes
Vancouver, BC

[Sport Chek] Bowflex Kettlebell $149.99

Decent deal on a Bowflex Kettlebell that’s actually in stock. Use the friends and family promo code.
Last edited by TomRFD on Apr 17th, 2020 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: updated retailer name
39 replies
Deal Fanatic
Aug 19, 2015
5905 posts
5681 upvotes
Downtown Canada
somedayinvancouver wrote: Decent deal on a Bowflex Kettlebell that’s actually in stock. Use the friends and family promo code.
What's the promo code?
Apr 16, 2020
2 posts
6 upvotes
It’s on the site about 5 times on every page. Not exactly a huge miss and no reason to be salty.

Great find OP on a tough to find in stock category (adjustable dumbells/kettlebells). Picked up a pair.
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2003
2292 posts
778 upvotes
Boiling hot because it's at or below the lowest USA price of $130 USD last year, and it's out of stock everywhere so good luck finding it. The reviews are good, so if it's discontinued there will just be another version coming along for more money.

The benefit of this product is saving space. It also has a shape that will hurt your forearm less than a traditional kettlebell which was designed to look like a ball for fun, rather than be comfortable. The weights available in this are limited and smaller than some big strong people would need, so it's not for super experienced lifters. It's really perfect for people starting off, and smaller people will be good with this much weight forever. The kind of person who doesn't need this already has their own weights and KNOWS they don't need it. It's good for everyone else.
Jun 21, 2012
367 posts
199 upvotes
Montreal
Ah SportCheck that still does not deliver to QC.
Oct 19, 2010
31 posts
Richmond Hill
Can't buy this in Ontario? Anyone have the same issue
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2006
4007 posts
2558 upvotes
Toronto
ilnas wrote: Can't buy this in Ontario? Anyone have the same issue
checked out with no issues here

thanks op
Dec 21, 2012
251 posts
312 upvotes
Any chest exercise recommendations with this? Seems like the adjustment knob would be in the way for most regular kettlebell chest exercises
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2009
1222 posts
1197 upvotes
Thanks I got one and shipped it to a friend in Ottawa.
Kettle bells are massively popular in my crossfit classes.. I miss crossfit these 7 minute workouts aren't cutting it.
Last edited by lleb13 on Apr 17th, 2020 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2008
1818 posts
163 upvotes
ilnas wrote: Can't buy this in Ontario? Anyone have the same issue
Tentatively added to cart and successfully applied the promo code. BTW rakuten has 1% cash back.
Items For Sale:
Jacket and Shoes
Trades
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2006
4007 posts
2558 upvotes
Toronto
Shutdown wrote: Any chest exercise recommendations with this? Seems like the adjustment knob would be in the way for most regular kettlebell chest exercises
guess it depends how big your hands are

Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2006
4007 posts
2558 upvotes
Toronto
Questionz wrote: Tentatively added to cart and successfully applied the promo code. BTW rakuten has 1% cash back.
gcr has 2.5% cb
Feb 16, 2018
255 posts
109 upvotes
If I have a selectek dumbbell, do I still need a kettlebell?
Jun 1, 2017
392 posts
253 upvotes
Mississauga
Im getting :

"We are sorry, only 0 piece is available. Please adjust your quantity."

guess its OOS
Sep 23, 2007
196 posts
266 upvotes
Toronto (Downtown)
For anyone who missed this, you can get yourself most of the way there with a backpack or gym bag and some books or anything else that'll fit (like bags of rice or dried beans). Just weigh yourself with and without the bag to get the weight.
Full disclosure: I'd have grabbed one of these for the convenience if it were still in stock, but don't let a lack of equipment stop you from working out!
Nov 26, 2003
335 posts
106 upvotes
Ottawa
Depends what movements you want to do with it. It's difficult to do swings and other basic kettlebell movements with a dumbbell. I find that the kettlebell movements are good for targeting multiple muscle groups at the same time, and dumbbells target specific muscle groups and stabilizer muscles, but if you use the kettlebell for chest press like the guy in the video (didn't watch it, only saw the screen grab), it's mainly the same thing I think, it's weight.
I think the individual above said it well, it's for beginners and for people looking for lighter weights, I could see if you are looking to get into heavier weights getting above 40lbs for swings, dead lifts etc. I don't know about the shape how it would feel for cleans and long cycle.

If I had the $$ and was looking for an adjustable kettlebell, I would get from kettlebell kings or bells of steel but like many other places - oos :(
Dec 14, 2008
200 posts
211 upvotes
Vancouver
in for 1. now i have to return the 30 and 20 lb kettlebells i bought last week as this is the same price (slightly more)
Thanks OP!