• Last Updated:
  • Jan 23rd, 2023 3:23 pm
[OP]
Oct 11, 2005
133 posts
57 upvotes
GTA

[Sport Chek] Burton Ruler snowboard boots $272.99 reg $399

Bought these last week and price dropped.

Free shipping
Last edited by Mars2012 on Jan 22nd, 2023 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed retailer field so it's better for searches
12 replies
Aug 1, 2013
522 posts
650 upvotes
The Lower Mainland
aspec733 wrote: I did, bought a basic k2 board just starting out.

These boots are dual boa lacing compared to yours.
Boa is a PITA for comfort in my experience. I've had 1, 2, and 3 boa snowboard boots and I've had trouble getting them to be tight enough for performance and loose enough for comfort. Speed lace and regular laces have been my favourites so far.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 13, 2002
6568 posts
783 upvotes
Calgary
Hey OP do you find these fit true to size? i recently ordered these but with speed lace and i upsized by a half size so hopefully they fit. This is a good price btw mine was $250 after a 30% discount directly from burton.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 10, 2004
7075 posts
2699 upvotes
Canada
Mine are about 6 years old and it may be a good time to upgrade.
I've been eyeing the BOA lacing boots for the last 12 months. Any cons with them?
I do see the pros, but not sure about the cons. I hate lacing and have to redo mine every hour or so.
I use voice typing, expect mistakes...
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2008
1741 posts
2219 upvotes
Airdrie
I have the Burton photon boa boots and love the boa system. It's super quick and easy to use and I can adjust as I go throughout the day.
May 1, 2017
12 posts
65 upvotes
I bought the same model 3 years ago, great boots so far, but I suggest to try them out in store first, I had to upsize to fit
Jul 21, 2010
480 posts
240 upvotes
dazz wrote: Mine are about 6 years old and it may be a good time to upgrade.
I've been eyeing the BOA lacing boots for the last 12 months. Any cons with them?
I do see the pros, but not sure about the cons. I hate lacing and have to redo mine every hour or so.
I have Photons with dual boa and a Moto with single from some years ago. With BOA I think you need the dual system. When there’s just the single one it doesn’t get tight enough in the correct places from my experience. So the ruler is a good boot in that regard. Couple friends have these and they’re good enough according to them.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 13, 2002
6568 posts
783 upvotes
Calgary
just got my ruler and so glad i upsized it since they do run on the tight side! im usually 11 or 11.5 and went with 12 and the fit is perfect! just have to figure out the speed lace system but it seems pretty good ive only had regular laces in the past...
Aug 27, 2006
797 posts
366 upvotes
Delta
FYI all (or almost all) snowboard boots are on sale in store since Friday. For example, the Burton Photons are $349 down from $499, I picked them up on Friday after eyeing them earlier in the week. I tried the Ruler and Photons, found the Photons fit just a bit better. Rulers seem to run a smidgen smaller, but barely if even a half size smaller.
:twisted: In order to save money, you must spend money. :twisted:

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)