Hot Deals

[Sport Chek] CF Appreciation Exclusive Partnership Pricing Event [Targeted - CAF members, YMMV]

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 20th, 2019 8:43 pm
[OP]
Feb 16, 2019
2 posts
15 upvotes

[Sport Chek] CF Appreciation Exclusive Partnership Pricing Event [Targeted - CAF members, YMMV]

For any other RFDers who are in the Canadian Armed Forces, I received the following email from CF Appreciation:
unnamed.jpg
Sport Chek would like to extend Partnership Pricing to the Canadian Military Staff and their family and friends for a limited time! If you’ve been eyeing an item at Sport Chek to help stay on track with those New Years resolutions, this is a great time to go shopping and get up to 70% off the ticket price.

Where:
In store only at Sport Chek & Atmosphere locations (excluding Atmosphere in Grande Prairie AB). The offer is not available on sportchek.ca.

Process:
To redeem this offer, please use the unique code provided in the email you received.
Please ensure you know your code before purchasing as cashiers will not be able to process a transaction without it.

NOTE** Franchise stores and Quebec stores are not included. Offer available in store only. Offer available to those who can make it in to a physical Sport Chek/Atmosphere store.
87 replies
Jun 19, 2007
416 posts
132 upvotes
Halifax
I too got this. A bit of a dearth of information, any idea what 70% includes? If the exclusions are reasonable ones (ie no gift cards) then great, but it could be along the lines of 70% off winter hats and snowshoes, and 5% off the rest, and if so I'll pass.
Dec 1, 2007
620 posts
77 upvotes
St Thomas, ON
It’s the employee discount. Take the item to an associate in store to check the pricing. Varies by brand/product/etc. I’ll be going in later today. Several of my peers have taken advantage of it.

Don’t call the store to ask pricing. You won’t get it.

And yes codes you get by email ARE unique.
Apr 7, 2011
532 posts
226 upvotes
ottawa
Up to 70% doesn't really tell me anything. I don't want to go there pick something and it turns out it's only 10% off.
Jan 15, 2013
8 posts
8 upvotes
Edmonton
It's essentially the employee pricing, same as the newsletter and CT Mastercard promos a while back.
Aug 27, 2008
748 posts
478 upvotes
Ottawa
I got the email and code.

Can this be used multiple times on different days or is one single purchase only?

Anyone know if there are general categories where the discounts are on the higher side? i.e. bikes, racquets, etc?
Jun 18, 2015
145 posts
125 upvotes
As others have said, this is employee pricing and you can use it over multiple visits. They had it for Triangle Card members to start (that one ended last week), then some email/newsletter people got it (and that one ends on the 10th), now this. It's their wholesale cost +10%, which usually works out to 40-60% off the sticker price. In general, it feels like sporting goods often get the highest discount along with partner clothing (so, eg., Woods will get you a bigger discount than Nike) but it's a bit luck of the draw and there will be some things you could do better on waiting on a doorcrasher/sale elsewhere. But for convenience/value this is hard to beat.
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2004
1356 posts
164 upvotes
Woodbridge
It should be cost + 15%. The cost + 10% was for triangle card/elite card holders, in which the email stated up to 75%. That offer has expired. Most stuff is 40-60% off regular price.
Dec 11, 2003
133 posts
93 upvotes
Central AB
This is identical to the VIP pricing code that some received last week. There were a couple threads on that already. This "70% off" deal is actually COST + 15%.

If you are interested in what discounts you might get, check this post where I outlined the exact discounts on things I got:
sport-chek-sport-chek-atmosphere-store- ... #p30645540

(for some reason it was put in expired deals even though that VIP deal is still on until Mar 10th)

There were other people in that thread that also shared their pricing.
Feb 18, 2007
208 posts
169 upvotes
Toronto
theppler wrote:
Mar 8th, 2019 12:17 pm
This is identical to the VIP pricing code that some received last week. There were a couple threads on that already. This "70% off" deal is actually COST + 15%.

If you are interested in what discounts you might get, check this post where I outlined the exact discounts on things I got:
sport-chek-sport-chek-atmosphere-store- ... #p30645540

(for some reason it was put in expired deals even though that VIP deal is still on until Mar 10th)

There were other people in that thread that also shared their pricing.
That's cool, except I don't want any of the items you bought.

How do we know what the price is before walking into the store? I don't want to waste my time going in and checking every friggin item I want to buy.
Dec 11, 2003
133 posts
93 upvotes
Central AB
danascully wrote:
Mar 8th, 2019 12:37 pm
How do we know what the price is before walking into the store? I don't want to waste my time going in and checking every friggin item I want to buy.
Ya, unfortunately this sale is not for you. You're right, it is kind of stupid to have to check everything but, in my case, there are always associates walking around with those hand scanners that tells them the "cost" price. Everything I picked up, I just found someone and asked them what the pricing is with the VIP code. Certainly not as ideal as just knowing the price of everything beforehand.
Feb 18, 2019
7 posts
I also have a code.. super annoying that i will have to bug the cashier with a bunch of items i might not buy depending on the discount
Jun 20, 2009
558 posts
120 upvotes
GTA
I would like a code. My son needs new shoes. Can this code be shared?