Expired Hot Deals

[Sport Chek] Diadora Orbita Mountain Bike $207

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 3rd, 2020 11:24 am
Dec 18, 2009
87 posts
33 upvotes
Ottawa
mcwilly wrote: I had a hybrid diadora I picked up from sport chek for just under $200. Used it 10km daily all summer long for 3 years before I decided to upgrade. Sure they are cheap, but I never had an issue with it and I put somewhere between 3-4K km on it.
How is that 3-4KM if you used int 10KM daily per all summer for 3 years?
Deal Guru
Jan 12, 2017
12575 posts
3405 upvotes
Scarberia
Sinnister wrote: How is that 3-4KM if you used int 10KM daily per all summer for 3 years?
maybe his summers are year round lol ... 4km x 100( summer days in ontario= 400kms x 3 yrs = 1200kms = way less then 10k
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Apr 14, 2006
758 posts
165 upvotes
Toronto
veryboredguy wrote: It's so you can wear a dress while riding. Something that carried through in design for girls bikes when it was more likely a girl would be wearing a dress while riding a bike.
It all makes sense now
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2004
2184 posts
826 upvotes
Hometown
noxlen wrote: So...I'm still puzzled. If the women's style has the advantage of easier mounting or whatever, and they are literally identical in terms of structural integrity and functionality, then why not just make them all in the women's style? Is it some kind of masculinity thing?
The original reason for the shape of a "woman's" bike was because their skirts got caught up on the crossbar of a "man's" bike.... The design has stuck ever since for whatever reason...
Jul 8, 2012
877 posts
197 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Sinnister wrote: How is that 3-4KM if you used int 10KM daily per all summer for 3 years?
re-read the number he wrote with that extra letter, I made the same mistake
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2004
2459 posts
474 upvotes
Is the bike gone from the website?

I went through the sizing guide posted earlier and was going to see if they had an XXL frame.
Mar 3, 2012
228 posts
124 upvotes
HAMILTON
Hi everyone
I know I'm going off topic but...

I'm looking to get a MTB for a while and I was planning to get the Diamondback hook MTB
But it's not available in Canada.
Can someone tell me something similar that is being sold in Canada to that entry MTB I mentioned
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2008
1040 posts
752 upvotes
Airdrie
3-4k = 3,000 - 4,000

I'm approximating 4 months of riding at 10km per day, about 1,200 kms a year give or take.
Feb 27, 2013
15 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto
Canuck2fan wrote: The original reason for the shape of a "woman's" bike was because their skirts got caught up on the crossbar of a "man's" bike.... The design has stuck ever since for whatever reason...
30 years ago, when my grandpa taught me riding bikes, he taught me two ways to get on a running bike. A lady way is crossing your leg from the front - which requires a women’s bike to do so; a men’s way is to crossing the leg from the backward of the seat, and men’s bikes are supposed only fit to do so.

My grandpa was using his old black bike deliver rice during our war period, to support his family of 7. It was a period his city was locked down by invaded army. So he and his friends made a secret team and transported basic food. Each trip each of them put 200 kg rice on a single bike, and had to go across the border of soldiers. Old black bikes were the only thing they had. There was no room for failure or they would all been caught and die. They did not have mountain bike at that time, and their route were mostly country road including tiny single-woodlog bridge.

When I was a kid, I had a normal brand women’s bike and later on a giant lady’s cruise bike. My Giant was great, but my normal brand worked well too.

I think besides the brand, the reason of cycling and the person who rides also play a huge part in choosing a bike.
Sep 18, 2017
249 posts
167 upvotes
GVRD
Lavafinder24 wrote: Are sportschek stores opening to be able to walk in and buy stuff/return stuff on Tuesday?
In BC. I walked by the store today in Burnaby and it was open for customers. Pretty empty with controlled entry and exits.
No huge lineup for returns as predicted after the huge clearance sale a few weeks ago.
Banned
Apr 14, 2020
172 posts
201 upvotes
MintMentos wrote: In BC. I walked by the store today in Burnaby and it was open for customers. Pretty empty with controlled entry and exits.
No huge lineup for returns as predicted after the huge clearance sale a few weeks ago.
Ya maybe in BC...dont think so yet in Ontario..

Anyone know when Ontario is opening stores? Are some open to return?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2004
1692 posts
580 upvotes
Woodbridge
Lavafinder24 wrote: Ya maybe in BC...dont think so yet in Ontario..

Anyone know when Ontario is opening stores? Are some open to return?
Starting today they can open. Check the store locator.
Deal Fanatic
May 8, 2002
5006 posts
1590 upvotes
wheelz wrote: Starting today they can open. Check the store locator.
Unless they are in a mall, like my local location
Jan 26, 2004
321 posts
194 upvotes
Georgetown
Is the deal dead ? Im on sportscheck website a Diodora Orbita if for $329