Expired Hot Deals

[Sport Chek] Diadora Orbita Mountain Bike $207

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 3rd, 2020 11:24 am
Banned
Dec 17, 2017
1014 posts
1051 upvotes
Not to hijack the thread, but if we buy from sportchek and the bikes come unassembled and I assembled it myself, can I still bring it in sportchek to get it tuned for free?
Sep 18, 2008
631 posts
106 upvotes
Woodbridge
mackey2001 wrote: Is the deal dead ? Im on sportscheck website a Diodora Orbita if for $329
basically no good deals on starter bikes going on currently
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2004
1692 posts
580 upvotes
Woodbridge
Did anyone actually get this shipped? I had 2 orders cancelled.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2011
1622 posts
683 upvotes
Mississauga
I got it shipped, however its been sitting at purolator for a week now.
Apr 25, 2020
142 posts
47 upvotes
Exactly what i was looking for. Great deal!
Banned
Jun 8, 2011
143 posts
328 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks OP! Will keep an eye on this one as it's OOS now.

Super noob, but looking to get bike just to cruise around during summer and put on a stand indoors for winter. Will this be a good bike for that?
Banned
Apr 14, 2020
172 posts
201 upvotes
bwabwa wrote: Thanks OP! Will keep an eye on this one as it's OOS now.

Super noob, but looking to get bike just to cruise around during summer and put on a stand indoors for winter. Will this be a good bike for that?
what is your budget?
Sep 18, 2008
631 posts
106 upvotes
Woodbridge
Currently at around 400 + tax you can buy EVO bike with disk breaks
a bit more than that 420+ tax you can buy Schwin from costco with disk breaks
next level up 550+tax you can buy entry level giant

Nothing decent within 200-300 range with aluminum body and disk breaks
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2016
1890 posts
1568 upvotes
Toronto
erexa wrote: Currently at around 400 + tax you can buy EVO bike with disk breaks
a bit more than that 420+ tax you can buy Schwin from costco with disk breaks
next level up 550+tax you can buy entry level giant

Nothing decent within 200-300 range with aluminum body and disk breaks
Not saying you're wrong or anything, but I wouldn't care much for disc brakes. Sure there's a performance increase in braking, no doubt.
But I don't think most of people will benefit for it for casual rides (which is the intent of those budget bicycles), and the extra maintenance will defo add some costs.
huuuu! (¬'-')¬ C-('-'Q) straight!
Sep 18, 2008
631 posts
106 upvotes
Woodbridge
neonic wrote: Not saying you're wrong or anything, but I wouldn't care much for disc brakes. Sure there's a performance increase in braking, no doubt.
But I don't think most of people will benefit for it for casual rides (which is the intent of those budget bicycles), and the extra maintenance will defo add some costs.
Agree and even though i don't see any decent deals on 200 range for aluminum bikes. Correct me if I am wrong though
Deal Addict
Oct 5, 2006
1399 posts
957 upvotes
Calgary
neonic wrote: Not saying you're wrong or anything, but I wouldn't care much for disc brakes. Sure there's a performance increase in braking, no doubt.
I agree. I bought my first disc brake bike a couple of years ago. I find the maintenance of disc brakes far more troublesome compared to V brakes.
Deal Fanatic
May 8, 2002
5008 posts
1593 upvotes
lord wayne wrote: I agree. I bought my first disc brake bike a couple of years ago. I find the maintenance of disc brakes far more troublesome compared to V brakes.
Not to mention most, if not all, of these entry level bikes with disc brakes are mechanical, not hydraulic, so you lose most of the benefit of disc brakes anyway.