Hot Deals

[Sport Chek] Earn 50x Bonus Canadian Tire Money with a Triangle Rewards card or a Triangle credit card on select Apple Watch Series

[OP]
Mar 21, 2019
12 posts
29 upvotes
Toronto

[Sport Chek] Earn 50x Bonus Canadian Tire Money with a Triangle Rewards card or a Triangle credit card on select Apple Watch Series

Hi,

The offer is back for those interested

Earn 50x¹ Bonus Canadian Tire Money® with a Triangle Rewards card or a Triangle™ credit card on select Apple Watch Series 4 (GPS) purchases in Sport Chek stores & Sportchek.ca.

Excludes select styles. Accessories not included. Selection & availability may vary by location. No Rainchecks on bonus CT Money. Not valid on gift cards or shipping. Other exceptions may apply.
Valid Thursday, May 30th to Wednesday, June 5th, 2019.

Could be more saving combined with GC with 10 % at SDM starting tomorrow June 1st :

https://forums.redflagdeals.com/shopper ... #p30978204
Last edited by samsoul13 on May 30th, 2019 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Title edit
77 replies
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
10237 posts
9450 upvotes
50x CT money is 20% off.
1x = $0.004/$ spent
50x = $0.2/$ spent
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Koodo $25 plan, PM $38 5GB plan, PM $8 plan to replace Speakout,
Zoomer loyalty family plan for 4 lines $117/6GB, $0 FPL home phone
Deal Addict
May 24, 2011
1254 posts
284 upvotes
BC
so what is the math once you factor in the 50x points and also 10% off at SDM?
"Shorty wanna be a thug" -2pac
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2005
1222 posts
491 upvotes
Are they doing the 20x this weekend?
Nov 23, 2017
691 posts
1393 upvotes
2Sedins1Cup wrote:
May 30th, 2019 1:26 pm
so what is the math once you factor in the 50x points and also 10% off at SDM?
Final cost before tax= (Watch price) x 0.684
Marginally better than stacking this promo with the employee discount

Gift card discount+Bonus dollars+ base dollars

I got mine with an employee discount last time, but this is an insane deal if you combine with giftcard discount

Edit: technically you can save more on the price out the door because you can use the gift card to pay for the tax as well, whereas the dollars you get back on the Apple watch (IIRC) are only given on the price before tax.
May 20, 2019
6 posts
1 upvote
Says on the sports chek website that it’s not valid with gift cards.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 29, 2008
6146 posts
1875 upvotes
Montreal
KingMack wrote:
May 30th, 2019 6:36 pm
Says on the sports chek website that it’s not valid with gift cards.
I am not sure that means you cannot pay with giftcard.

It’s a standard exclusion on promotion saying you cannot get points on Giftcard purchases.
May 20, 2019
6 posts
1 upvote
No, I agree with you. You can likely pay with a gift card but I’m just saying you likely won’t get the points as per the exclusion “on gift cards and shipping”. Maybe I’ll be wrong and someone will get lucky.
Jan 4, 2010
620 posts
368 upvotes
Waterloo
Except don’t they sell the watch above retail
May 20, 2019
6 posts
1 upvote
No, Their prices are the same as Best Buy. Not above retail.
Dec 18, 2017
500 posts
836 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
KingMack wrote:
May 30th, 2019 10:24 pm
No, Their prices are the same as Best Buy. Not above retail.
Almost. Best Buy sells it for $0.99 more. Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes

In all seriousness though, I’m pretty sure Apple limits the markups allowed in their contracts with retailers. The only place where I’ve seen Apple products being marked up is telcos. But they’re scumbags anyway so 🤷🏻‍♂️

Apple’s one of the few large-scale companies that've done a good job at maintaining solid price integrity IMO.
Don't request PMs in your signature - Mods
Jan 4, 2010
620 posts
368 upvotes
Waterloo
Lol has anyone tried this paying with the gift card, please update. I don’t want to buy $500 worth of GC to have it not work
May 5, 2016
119 posts
47 upvotes
hi guys, hope somebody can help answer my newb Triangle Rewards question...

So I recently received my Triangle World Elite Mastercard about a week or two ago, but yesterday I also received some Triangle rewards program cards as well. Does this mean I can double-stack rewards at the cashier counter for my transactions? Thanks.
Dec 18, 2017
500 posts
836 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
tinbitz wrote:
May 31st, 2019 12:21 pm
Lol has anyone tried this paying with the gift card, please update. I don’t want to buy $500 worth of GC to have it not work

I picked up a watch yesterday and asked if I can do a tender swap the next day. Paid with Amex yesterday and she said that payment swap to sportChek cash cards is fine. Must be done during the 50x promo period to retain points.
Don't request PMs in your signature - Mods