Expired Hot Deals

[Sport Chek] Fitbit Aria 2 Wi-Fi Smart Scale - Clearance price -$49.97 - YMMV

  • Last Updated:
  • Nov 2nd, 2020 8:35 pm
[OP]
Sr. Member
User avatar
Mar 8, 2015
653 posts
2448 upvotes
Calgary, AB

[Sport Chek] Fitbit Aria 2 Wi-Fi Smart Scale - Clearance price -$49.97 - YMMV

Get a clear picture of your health with the Fitbit Aria 2™ Wi-Fi Smart Scale. Easy to set up and even easier to use, this sleek scale measures weight, body fat, lean mass and BMI. Your stats sync automatically to the Fitbit app, so you can see how everything you do adds up—from steps to exercise to nutrition.

Product link : https://www.sportchek.ca/product/fitbit ... =332485887
Last edited by canadianamigo13 on Nov 2nd, 2020 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
16 replies
Jr. Member
User avatar
Nov 8, 2018
185 posts
252 upvotes
Available for pick up only. OOS in all stores near me in GTA except Woodbridge Sport Chek..
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2012
1428 posts
3140 upvotes
This is a much fairer price for that scale. Can't believe some people actually pay $170 for it.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2018
3922 posts
6354 upvotes
Kitchener
OOS everywhere near KW :(
Gaming PC: i9 9900ks, GTX 1070 8gb x2, 64GB RAM
Phone: iPhone 8 64gb
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2007
3280 posts
791 upvotes
I just tried to add it to my cart... and "This item is temporarily sold out"
RFD is bad for your wallet's health 😂
Member
User avatar
Aug 31, 2007
431 posts
123 upvotes
Toronto
DO NOT BUY Fitbit Aria scale. They are very expensive and of terrible quality. I was stupid enough to get one even tho I did see lots of reviews saying that it dies after a year of use with no way of fixing... You just get an error message and that is it! Also, Fitbit warranty is bad and they don't stand behind this product. I got a $30 smart scale from amazon as a replacement and it's been working for over 2 years with no problems and it's a lot more efficient (fewer batteries)
Freedom $50 - 17GB
Koodo Mobile $35 - 10GB
>>> Message Me <<<
Jr. Member
Apr 9, 2012
197 posts
114 upvotes
cursayer wrote: This is a much fairer price for that scale. Can't believe some people actually pay $170 for it.
I paid full price for this 5 years ago and will do it again if I have to. This scale and the Fitbit app put me on a path of healthy living. I lost 60+ pounds total since I started weighing myself and have been able to maintain my weight as the years have gone by. Every once in a while, I go through my weight history on the app and marvel at what I was able to accomplish and maintain. This is well worth every penny it costs.
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2012
1428 posts
3140 upvotes
michaelr16 wrote: I paid full price for this 5 years ago and will do it again if I have to. This scale and the Fitbit app put me on a path of healthy living. I lost 60+ pounds total since I started weighing myself and have been able to maintain my weight as the years have gone by. Every once in a while, I go through my weight history on the app and marvel at what I was able to accomplish and maintain. This is well worth every penny it costs.
They have serious quality control issues (among many Fitbit products, luckily they have good warranty). You can get a scale that does the same things (minus the Fitbit syncing) for a fraction of the cost, like: https://www.amazon.ca/C1-Bluetooth-Meas ... B07GZBXCH6
Sr. Member
Dec 1, 2007
812 posts
171 upvotes
St Thomas, ON
ali88 wrote: DO NOT BUY Fitbit Aria scale. They are very expensive and of terrible quality. I was stupid enough to get one even tho I did see lots of reviews saying that it dies after a year of use with no way of fixing... You just get an error message and that is it! Also, Fitbit warranty is bad and they don't stand behind this product. I got a $30 smart scale from amazon as a replacement and it's been working for over 2 years with no problems and it's a lot more efficient (fewer batteries)
.. I’ve had my original Aria since 2012 with literally zero issues. Used almost daily for 5-6 of those 8 years.
Bobby Dee.
RFD Proud since 07.
Jr. Member
May 20, 2008
106 posts
76 upvotes
I have had two of these scales, both failed after a year of use. Horrible quality.
Sr. Member
Sep 3, 2014
833 posts
875 upvotes
Maple Ridge, BC
SteveWhip wrote: I have had two of these scales, both failed after a year of use. Horrible quality.
Doesn't everything made by Shitbit?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 7, 2003
2844 posts
674 upvotes
Ottawa
cursayer wrote: This is a much fairer price for that scale. Can't believe some people actually pay $170 for it.
I bought mine about 5 years ago for $129, and still use it on a daily basis.

The ability of having my weight history tracked on their site is worth every penny I paid for.
Last edited by dux on Nov 2nd, 2020 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2019
1179 posts
1194 upvotes
cursayer wrote: They have serious quality control issues (among many Fitbit products, luckily they have good warranty). You can get a scale that does the same things (minus the Fitbit syncing) for a fraction of the cost, like: https://www.amazon.ca/C1-Bluetooth-Meas ... B07GZBXCH6
I have the original Aria, probably since it was released. Use it almost every day. Surprisingly it's the only Fitbit product that I own that didn't break. Lol
Sr. Member
Dec 1, 2007
812 posts
171 upvotes
St Thomas, ON
Majokito wrote: I have the original Aria, probably since it was released. Use it almost every day. Surprisingly it's the only Fitbit product that I own that didn't break. Lol
Same. I’ve had the Flex, Force, Charge, Alta, Charge HR, Blaze and now the Versa Lite.

All have failed within 24 months. The Blaze has gotten me about 24 months use now so it feels like a matter of time (pawned off on mother in law). Versa Lite is kicking it still after about 18 months of solid use too.

The Aria scale is the only one still working perfectly fine all these years later.

When my Flex died, they replaced it at least once for me. Also sent me at least two free bands in the first 18 months.

When the Charge died, they replaced with an Alta at no charge as it was discontinued by the time it stopped working.

When the Alta died the first time, they sent me a new tracker portion at no cost. Once that stopped holding a charge and completely broke apart a year or so later, I asked again and they offered me a discount code for a new product instead.

As for the more recent devices, to be honest, they’ve been not bad. I would still like to jump over to Apple Watch eventually but having my whole progress to date tracked on the Fitbit app is convenient.
Last edited by jello_bob on Nov 2nd, 2020 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bobby Dee.
RFD Proud since 07.
Sr. Member
Aug 14, 2014
662 posts
527 upvotes
I got the original aria at the end of 2014 for $100, been working great so far with 0 issues. Its very nice being able to see your weight history and its pretty close for body fat % as well. I had gone to a weight loss doctor and their machine was within 2% of what the aria was telling me. (as in within 2% of the lean/fat weight, not a fat difference of 2%)
Member
Jan 1, 2013
451 posts
320 upvotes
POINTE-CLAIRE
jello_bob wrote: Same. I’ve had the Flex, Force, Charge, Alta, Charge HR, Blaze and now the Versa Lite.

All have failed within 24 months.
And you kept going back because........

I really liked the product...had one of the original ones. But had about 4 separate ones over the course of year....customer service was great replacing them with few questions asked; but after a year they cut the cord pretty quick. My last one had the band cracking and coming apart and they had me jump thru a few hoops, cutting the band and sending them pics. Once I did this they said, "Oops, it's been more than a year since your original purchase...sorry" Screamed bloody murder on that one saying actual item is 6 weeks old, falling apart and you asked me to cut it up...at very least, I could have jimmy-rigged something with electrical tape and fishing line to keep it going for a while longer. Think I got another one but shine was definitely gone at that point. Have a Garmin golf watch now which has many of same functions...so far, so good.
Sr. Member
Apr 7, 2019
897 posts
1011 upvotes
WOW. People use this product.

I picked up RENPHO scale for around $30 couple of years back and it's been working fine. It provides scores of metrics ( Weight, BMI, Body Fat % etc.) and syncs with Fitbit.
:)

Top